Ecuador-Chile WCQ Oct.12th

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by JAIME CHILE, Sep 11, 2008.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dude I agree with you, but for some reason I seriously doubt Vizuete not placing Ayoci as a starter, he is been in every single game, besides he is not bad, he is seriously underrated.

2. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Isn't Mina suspended.

3. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You guys have a player in Getafe I believe(?),
    Question, is he a starter?

4. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

That's up to the coach. Guerron should always be a starter. He was a starter for LDU.

5. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So thats another way of saying "No, he is not a starter".

He is at least benched?

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Depending on the opponent he will start or sit out for the start of the game. Still needs to develope a bit as a player in my opinion.

7. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    check out the Chile boards, they totally underestimating what Ecuador can do. They actually think they gonna win! :rolleyes:

8. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    LOL this dumbass keeps reading something different.

Everyone in the Chilean does not underestimate ecuador, in fact we all very well remember how you beat us in Quito last qualies not to mention the tie in Santiago. All we said is that "ON PAPER" Colombia has a better team, thats it, so dont follow ecuafutbol's exaggerations.

Will be a good game indeed.

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ahhh..yes..I was wondering when was this thread going to get heated, In my opinion I think games have always worked out better for us when we have been understimated remember Peru? and Chile about 4 years ago it was the same thing, I've been reading how they tend to mention that Castillo and Caicedo are riding bench, remember 4 years ago when Kaviedes played the game of his life lagainst Chile and he didn't even have a team? The thing that I love about our team is that they are the exact opposite of other national teams, they might not shine in their clubs but once they put on ECUADOR'S Jersey they turn into animals, this is going to be an EVEN match and can go either way, my only question about Chile's plan is..why did they decide to come 6 days before to Quito? isn't that worse? I live in Guayaquil and i always read about Barcelona going to Quito and they say that the altitude problem's worse moment is between the first week and the second week?

10. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Again...(I should copy and paste this) , we are not underestimating Ecuador,in fact, we all agree you guys are the favorites in Quito.

Bout the altitude, dont know if it was true what u said but when Chile played Bolivia we did the same thing, only bout a week and it worked out great.

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All I can say is best of luck, Yañez! ;) Here's to a great game from both teams!

12. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Lamentablemente Quito está muy lejos de Calama (no así La Paz).

Así que no se podía viajar el mismo día desde Calama(como contra Bolivia en las 2 últimas eliminatorias), asì que se optó por viajar este lunes a Quito, y ADEMÁS algunos jugadores del exterior han recibido tubos con poco oxígeno, para que vayan acostumbrándose.
    (ya que esta vez tampoco fue posible reunir a todos los seleccionados en Chile para trabajar en cámaras hipobáricas, como en las 3 últimas eliminatorias).

Va a ser un partido muy difícil para Chile a mi juicio.

13. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ya veo, de todas formas en 7 dias sabremos todo

14. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sin duda va a ser un partido entretenido porque Chile va a atacar y Ecuador debe ganar.

Nomina de Chile.

LA NÓMINA
    Arqueros:
    Claudio Bravo (Real Sociedad, Spain)
    Miguel Pinto (Universidad de Chile)
    Christopher Toselli (U.Católica)

Defensas:
    Ismael Fuentes (Jaguares, Mex)
    Gonzalo Jara (Colo Colo)
    Hans Martínez (Universidad Católica)
    Waldo Ponce (Vélez Sársfield, Arg)
    Arturo Vidal (Bayern Leverkusen, Germany)
    Pablo Contreras (Paok Salónica,)

Volantes:
    Marco Estrada (Universidad de Chile)
    Hugo Droguett (Morelia, Mex)
    Gary Medel (Universidad Católica)
    Gonzalo Fierro (Flamengo, Brasil)
    Roberto Cereceda (Colo Colo)
    Carlos Carmona (Reggina, Italy)
    Pedro Morales (Dinamo de Zagreb, Croatia)
    Jorge Valdivia (Al Ain)
    Matías Fernández (Villarreal, Spain)
    Emilio Hernández (U.de Chile)

Delanteros:
    Alexis Sánchez (Udinese, Italy)
    Humberto Suazo (Monterrey, Mexico)
    Mark González (Betis, Spain)
    Jean Beausejour (O'Higgins)
    Fabián Orellana (Audax Italiano)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Key players that didn't get called up.

Villanueva (Blackburn Rovers, England)
    Tello (Besiktas, Turkey)
    Maldonado (Fernerbahce, Turkey)
    Isla (Udinese, Italy)
    Lobos (FC Krylia Sovetov, Russia)

Little mad he did call these players.

15. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we are on par with chile .... it's going to be a tough match ... we have more to lose and more riding on this game.. so we are going to clash in Quito... may the boys bring home a victory... it's very doable ! good game .

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    it really is gonna be a battle, a lot rides on us winning, most of all is a good set-up for future games, as a generaltiy that I'm going to throw around right now, I'm really glad that when Ecuador had it's back to the wall that it didn't cave-in and buckle, we showed that we're really hungry for a qualifying spot and it's noticeable that we're working hard towards that goal. Chile will come out strong to play up their momentum from other games but with the defense that we've had for the past few games, its hard to figure them scoring on us.

17. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only change to defense.... Ivan Hurtado OUT.... Castro IN. I'm worried about Karma... Vizuete said something about Bielsa.... that he wasn't successful with Argentina and that they could have done better... Although he didn't say anything about his current moments with Chile.. that comment might come back to bite him in the ass... I'm sure he didn't intend it out of disrespect, like he himself already said. They simply asked him a question and he responded honestly, but never talked bad about him as a coach, just that the stats showed that he wasn't successful implementing his tactics with Argentina.

18. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

19. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colombia is Colombia... Ecuador is Ecuador.....

20. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Exactly ;)

21. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Past games really don't mean anything, Chile lost to Argetina while we were 30 seconds away from beating Argentina who eventually managed to tied with us, about the game on Sunday Besides the altitude I really feel we are a much faster and more physical team than Chile, I really see Guerron, Ayovi, Valencia, Benitez, De Jesus, Bolano[if he plays] outrunning these guys, and we are a lot taller than them, with our speed, endurance, the crowd, and the inevitable altitude effect I seriously think we can win this game....but then again..why am I so nervous?:(

22. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    By that logic, then your good defense in past games wont matter.

Although I do agree you guys are more physical, faster? Maybe.

23. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Plus the game was in Chile which required Chile to attack, which is their strong suit. Colombia's strategy of pure defense works OK, until they let in a goal. After that, they had to attack and the flaws in their strategy were exposed because they did not have the ability to do both.

Chile has the same problem, lack of balance. Their attacking strategy works well - until they get scored on. Then when they have to press forward, their lackluster defending is exposed.

These games are all about balance. The team that wins 1-0 and then loses 1-0 will make it, but the team that wins 3-0 and then loses 3-0 will eventually fall behind, because you cannot always count on your forwards to score 2 or 3 goals every game. Defense is always the key - and we are still hurting because of bad goalkeeping and aging defenders in the first 2 games, but now we have replaced them, which means scoring more than one goal against us in Quito is nearly impossible. Therefore Chile's job will be to hang back and hope that their defense can keep up with speed and strength of Benitez, Caicedo, Guerron, and Valencia, to name a few.

24. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dude, that was exactly my point,

25. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Alright, so the other poster who said that the Ecuadorian defense has been good and its a reason why Chile wont score was wrong...

About game balance, i completely disagree with Chile lacking balance. At first we thought that too but when we analyzed we found it wasn't a tactic problem, or anything with defending with 3 defenders. We found out that more than half of our goals against were set pieces, which exposes our real weakness, winning in the air. If Ecuador wins, it will be on set pieces, mostly headers.