Ecuador-Chile WCQ Oct.12th

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by JAIME CHILE, Sep 11, 2008.

1. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Saludos desde Chile:)

9ª fecha de las Clasificatorias Sudamericanas (última de la 1ª rueda):

Ecuador (7º) vs Chile (4º)

En Quito, el domingo 12 de octubre, a las 16:55 hrs de Chile continental (¿15:55 hora de Ecuador?)

2. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bueno, para empezar tenemos el problema de las ausencias de Reasco (lesion), Mina (suspendido), Mendez (suspendido) y Cevallos (suspendido). A parte de Mendez las otras ausencias no nos deberian complicar demasiado, Va a ser un partidazo ya que los dos equipos estan pasando un buen momento.

3. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Si les ganamos les cerramos la puerta para sudafrica. Creo k para Ecuador es vida o muerte.

4. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No se por que para cada partido siento como que es el mas dificl hast ahora.

5. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Chile is going to be a tough match...They
    know how to play us... I think that we need
    to play an offensive game like we did against Bolivia.

------------------Elizaga-----------

------O DJesus -------Hurtado--------Espinoza--------

-----------Castillo-----------Urutia----------

Guerron------------Valencia----------------Bolanos (Ayovi)

---------C Tenorio------------------Caicedo

6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    The only team that Chile has been able to hold scoreless on the road is Bolivia. Besides that, they let Argentina score 2, Uruguay score 2, and Venezuela score 2. At home they've let Brasil and Paraguay score 3. This is not by chance, my friends...Chile has a poor defense and no signs of improvement like Ecuador's has over the past year.

I doubt they will be able to hold us from scoring, and as far as their attack they will probably create some danger but in Quito it is VERY hard to score against us. If I remember correctly, in the 2006 and 2002 WC qualifying only Argentina (0-2 in 2001) and Paraguay (5-2 in 2005) in have been able to score 2 goals against us in Quito (one time each).

7. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What about benitez?? Is he still hurt? Or he should not start and come off the bench?

8. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    He's out for 15 days. I expect that Santos will rest him. This man is key to our success right now.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    *subscribes*

10. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    My only worry is Cevallos. That guy has been a wall these past few games and there's no question he's at the prime of his career. I honestly don't think any of our other arqueros are as good as him. Hopefully our solid defense can mitigate Chile's strong offense.

11. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Although I hate Elizaga with a passion as hot as Hell's flames, he is a Super-solid goalie, If Chile happens to score on us I'm sure it won't be because of Elizaga,I personally would love to come out with a 4-3-1-2 on this game, Elizaga/Ivan, Sombra, De Jesus, Ambrossi/ Castillo, Valencia, Bolanos,/Guerron/ Caicedo, Benitez. but I'm sure Walter Ayovi will be lined up, Vizuete really considers him a MUST player.

12. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Walter is there because he has had enough playing time to understand castillo, Valencia ect. Heknows his position. I hate the guy but he has been proving himslef. He's got great free kicks and waht not. Everytime he is in the pitch, you could tell he ain't sleeping. he is playing to kill. That does not hurt us.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

13. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Don't get me wrong I think Walter Ayovi is phenomenal I just think that we nned the space for one more forward.

14. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeeeaaaa I have faith in Elizaga thats my man he I'll be rooting for him but I think he gets a lot of harsh crtique when rally he's been solid the times he's called on... there is no reason why he shouldn't be our starting keeper, he will be the one in the WC WHEN we qualify so why not start gettin him used to it. Cevallos will be too old for a WC sorry to say. I also would like to see Aragon get a call for the NT.

15. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hey I was thinking about this if we make the WC and we have all our players healthy what will be our lineup and which of our "galactikos" will be benched? are we going to play a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1 if it's 4-4-2 then either Bolanos, Mendez, Valencia, Guerron will have to sit which is a shame because they are arguably our top guys. in a 4-5-1 surely Benitez would be a sub and this would be more like a 4-3-3 which could be our best option.

---------------Elizaga-------------
    -----Reasco-----Campos----Espinosa----Mina
    ---------(Mendez)Noboa------Castillo-----
    Guerron--------------------------------Valencia
    ----------------Bolanos------------
    --------------------Caicedo

Bolanos and Valencia can switch positions and Valencia would play like a forward which is where I would like him to be personally.

16. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bolanos one of our top guys? he doesn'texactly prove that with his chances for Ecuador... I would go with Benitez over him any day. Also, if Kaviedes is healthy and playing he is our top scorer no doubt.

Urrutia has to be in there beside Castillo. I like Noboa too I think he is screaming for a chance and he needs to get one...and soon. Campos is a good choice but so is Carlos Castro as Hurtado's replacement. WHat happened to Guagua? he was supposed to be the new Hurtado.

17. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    I agree with you until you prefer Benitez over Bolanos. Bolanos was injured and he could not exactly prove himself in the NT. Stil If you watched Liga games, Bolanos and Guerron are the Ying and Yang. They need each other to execute the attack.

18. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    This won't work. First off, Reasco got hurt bad. We don't see him this World Cup which really Fkin sucks. You don't have Urrutia and he is solid. This is coming from a person who use to hate Urrutia. Valencia's position is in the right. Bolanos does good on the left.

I like what you did with Campos though

I would love this set up which I call "The Pyramid"

Elizaga

Dejesus-----Hurtado----Campos----Mina

Valencia------Urrutia-----Mendez

Guerron----------Bolanos

Caicedo

or a standard 4-4-2

Elizaga

Dejesus-----Hurtado----Campos----Mina

Guerron----Valencia----Urrutia-----Mendez

Caicedo---Palacios

I mean we got so many to choose from now. One thing for sure, Urrutia, Bolanos, Guerron, Valencia and Menez must start up together.

19. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    I would like to see this line up:

-------------A Dominguez (Banguera) (Aragon)

Ambrossi-- Campos----Sombra ----Mina
    (gua gua?)

----Castillo--- Guerron ---Valencia--- Bolanos---EMendez
    (Deison Mendez)

---------Caicedo ----(Benitez)

20. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ---------------------Elizaga---------

----J.Campos(De Jesus)-----I. Hurtado (Guagua)-----Sombra ----Ambrossi

----Guerron-----Castillo ---Valencia-----Bolaneos(Urrutia)------W.Ayovi

--------------------Caicedo-----------------------

Hurtado was hurt during the Uruguay game and still played shows he has heart but he should have subbed himself out for GUAGUA we could have lost that game. If by October J. Campos and Urrutia are not match fit from there injuries they should make way for De Jesus and Bolaneos.

21. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, as much as I like to talk about our line up at the world cup I prefer to focus on this next 2 games cause after this there'll be a 5 month and a half break, man do I want these 6 points bad, in regards about the Chile game I'm really concerned about Mendez not playing, I mean he is by far our most creative midfielder and Although the line up isn't hard to guess i fell we'll miss him, for some reason i keep on thinking on that Colombia game, that was a game that I know we would have won it with Mendez. anyways i still think we are gonna go looking like this.
    ----------------------------ELIZAGA-----------------------------
    De Jesus-----------HURTADO--------SOMBRA--------AMBROSSI----
    GUERRON-------VALENCIA---------CASTILLO----------AYOVI-----
    --------------BENITEZ-------------CAICEDO--------
    and by looking at this I just don't see a place for Bolanos or Urrutia in the starting line up.

22. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    This is another interestin formation. I like it although I would replace Castillo with Urrutia.

23. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    why do people keep insisting on ayovi?..

24. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    then who would help that slow ass defense?

25. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Urrutia got the brains.
    Speed is not everything. Actually even though Ambrossi was doing good, I would also pick Mina over him so there is your "Speed".

Ok about Ayovi, AS I said before with no responce, who would replace Ayovi? OK, I do not like him eatiher but this MOFO has seen enough NT Action to secure his postion. He is sn't a bad player and he keeps getting better. His free kicks are on the money and his speed is amazing. Who then for the left. Mendez, Valencia Castillo can't play left for the life of them. They are strictly Right players.

Ayovi is I guess the "Safe" player.

He's enough NT action, might as well put it to use. Cmon, he scored before Benitez did, that should say something.