Ecuador - Argentina June 10, 2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Quilotoa, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Call in sick....:D

2. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Who eats dinner at 5pm?! Push it back!

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

LOL...no, I can't. This is an important account that I am trying to land and I HAVE to go. They're are hosting this event and I have a chance to get these guys and...

*sigh* what are you going to do? :(

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Don't get me wrong....any time of win will make me happy b/c it's 3 pts to our pocket...but look at our goal difference and look at how many more games we have at home, ONLY 2, and it SCREAMS OUT: WE NEED TO GIVE A GOLEADA!!!

This is a huge chance to win by a large margin. Argentina is coming to Quito with a lower level performance than they usually have. I'm not saying beating Argentina is going to be easy at all, but we DAMN SURE have so many advantages to our side. Way more than when Brazil or Paraguay came to Quito. We have a complete squad with a CF who finally played inteligently after a long time, Tenorio. We don't have Benitez which is a plus! we won't have a player missing every possiblity we have like he does....unless Tenorio goes back to being a mamon tomorrow which I hope he doesn't do. I think all of our players are aware of the advantages being given in thsi game by Arg. Anything is possible guys, even us winning by a goleada. It all depends on our players mentality tomorrow and nothing else.

We finally have Tenorio on goal mode and with goal vision which we didn't have against Brazil or Paraguay (since Benitez and Caicedo didn't have it). The only thing Vizuete needs to be smart about is the last 15-20 minutes of the 2nd half. This is when he will need to make defensive substituions b/c it's obvious our players in general become exhausted at this time. It happened in both of the last games we played in Quito. All teams now know what the secret is to playing in Quito (defend until the 2nd half and slowly become more aggressive as the 2nd half progresses). Vizuete needs to have Campos, Mina, Fleitas, and possibly Quinonez in his mind for a substition.

The 2 players that have failed lately in the last half of the 2nd half are Reasco & Espinoza. I think Campos would be a great replacement for Reasco to strengthen our defensive line. The other substition is up to Vizuete. I think the only offensive one that will be made is Montero coming in sometime in the 2nd half.

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Thought you were in Germany??? It would be at 11PM there (I think).

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL...no, I've been living in the US for the last 3 years!

7. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

I don't think we need a goleada, we just need to not lose, preferably win this game. These are the current standings:

Brazil 24
    Paraguay 24
    Chile 23
    Argentina 22
    Uruguay 17
    Ecuador 17
    Venezuela 16
    Colombia 14
    Bolvia 12
    Peru 7

Venezuela and Uruguay are playing each other this week, so they should beat up on each other, or better yet tie. Brazil will probably beat Paraguay at home. Based on whos playing each other this week, the standings might look something like this by the end of the week which would be good for Ecuador. Of course I am assuming we have a good result against Argentina.

Brazil 27
    Chile 26
    Paraguay 24
    Argentina 22
    Ecuador 20
    Uruguay 18
    Venezuela 17
    Colombia 17
    Bolivia 12
    Peru 7

8. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That is very possible and a draw in Venezuela would be icing on the cake (assuming there is a positive result in Quito) Personally, and only god would be able to help me here, but I would like a Colombia loss and a Bolivia victory,

Brazil 27
    Paraguay 24
    Chile 23
    Argentina 22
    Ecuador 20
    Uruguay 18
    Venezuela 17
    Bolivia 15
    Colombia 14
    Peru 10

Really, after watching the Bolivia - Argentina game, I think Vizuete needs to study that tape. Caicedo needs to use his size and FOR ONCE be an aerial threat, I say it every week. I know he`s slow and young, but if he could hold the ball and use some tenacity it would be great. I think he`s technically sound and I like the match-up with Tenorio to help him do so. I think the midfield is going to be stacked so I like the long shots idea. Valencia has been in Quito now for awhile training so I see him being all over the place. If they can open the scoreline early and everyone (including Caicedo!!) never lets up then I see a similar result as the one in Hernando Siles in La Paz.

Colombia can`t score but has a sick defence so I think Peru could easily sneak in some good counter attacks and Vargas could have another great game and give Peru 3 pts.

Bolivia beating Chile in Santiago is one hell of a longshot but a great dream. They don`t have Moreno Martins among others, not to mention Chile is having the best run of qualifiers since I can remember in my youthful memory.

9. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Me gusta el entusiasmo que ponen, pero una cosa muchachos: somos Argentina...cuidado por ahi les rompemos el orto.

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    see, this i would call a troll.....we tied in argentina, and beat them in ecuador last time. those results must speak for themselves

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed...I wonder if his chest hurts from pounding it so hard? :rolleyes:

12. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's the same guy who posted this comment:

He knows what we're capable of.

13. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    This feels like one of those games where were gonna score early and bite our nails until the end of the game.

ANNNDD...

Bueno pues talvez.... Porque con esa estatura que se traen mas de ahi no alcanzan.

14. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just wouldn't be so sure of a win, that's all I'm saying. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Peace.

15. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Maybe this time the ref won't give you guys five minutes like they did in Buenos Aires a few months ago so you guys can score in the fourth minute of injury time.

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No one is sure of a win, at least I'm not...but the possibility is potentially there, and it is very realistic at that. "Somos Argentina" or not. :cool:

17. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When is the match going to be aired in US Eastern time?? and if so, is it going to be aired in ESPN or any accessible channel?

18. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

"Lionel Messi is expected to play despite knowing a booking would see him suspended for the following game against Brazil. Defenders Martin Demichelis and Gabriel Heinze are also in the same position.
    "Messi says he finds it difficult to play at high altitude and he is right. Playing here is difficult even for me in the first couple of days," Noboa added."

http://www.espnstar.com/home/news/detail/item280228/

Another reason why this game is crucial, if those players get cards it improves Brazil's chances of beating them, which would benefit us.

19. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn tomorrow I either don't sleep all night because I'm going to be partying or I go to sleep early and triste. I hope we win so I have an excuse to drink he night away. And then de ley there is going to be mad chicas en la calle tomando. Suerte mi Ecuador te quiero mucho.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It does improve Brazil's chances but Argentina has a sufficient amount of competitive subs to obtain a victory at home. I am also hoping Brazil defeats Argentina in the next round....but before we think of the next round we gotta start thinking of today's game and make sure we win, preferably by a large margin....a 3-0 would be AWESOME! Venezuela winning against Uruguay and a win obtained by us against Argentina is the main objective...both of those results would make my day.

21. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Argentina's line-up:

Mariano Andujar GK
    Nicolás Burdisso Defense
    Nicolás Otamendi Defense
    Javier Zanetti Defense
    Emiliano Papa Defense
    Bataglia Mid
    Sebastián Mid
    Fernando Gago Mid
    Maximiliano Rodríguez Mid
    Cristian Giménez Mid
    Lionel Messi Foward
    Carlos Tévez Foward

Subs:

Martín Demichellis
    Daniel Díaz
    Gabriel Heinze
    Jonás Gutiérrez
    Juan Sebastián Verón
    Gonzalo Bergessio
    Lisandro López

22. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i totally agree...but a venezuela-uruguay tie would be gravy as well

23. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i dont see a large margin win....i cant see ecuador netting in more than 2 goals....and i think 2goals in quito will be enough 2 win this game..i dont care how many we score at this point all that matters is the wins!.....and trying to keep clean sheets also.

24. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Give our NT positive vibes and think WIN tomorrow.
    This is a game we will win because we are at home in our beautiful Ecuador and our NT will use our home field advantage.

I want a goleada too... but also will settle for a win..:cool:

25. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

I don't think a Venezuela win against Uruguay would be that good, as they would only be a point behind us in the standings if we beat Argentina. If we end up tied with them on points, they get the nod as they beat us.