Ecuador and the Copa America Games

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by zampi, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Ecuador vs Brasil.....their last game in Copa America

:eek:

WTF???? REF???? What's up???

2. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Suarez giving indications at the end of the game,too little too late you bum.
    Anways Fuera Suarez fuera pa la calle,pa tu casa.

3. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

alright. suarez finally started with a good lineup. we finally had a decent goal keeper. suarez finally made good changes. ecuador finally played the entire 90 minutes like they wanted to win. at least we're leaving with some dignity.

btw.. fcuk you, ref!

4. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

TOOOOOOOOOOOO LAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEE
    GO HOME LOOOOOSSER SUAREZ.

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Goodbye Suarez!!!!!!

6. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

horrible just horrible..One stupid ********ing call is not going to change a ********ing thing. Beating a svck ass team like Poland and a sh11t futbol country like cost rica in Germany surely had everyone fooled. Don't expect anyone to buy your players anytime soon. Pathetic

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

there was only 1 player that caught my eye and that was Crisitan Benitez because he played with heart all three of these games....Suarez doesn't realize how this hurts the players on the NT, the image of the country and the fans....he made the substitution for Caicedo too late...the 4-4-2 he used was too predictable and very bland with creativity....this is part of the problem. He lacks the risk factor some of the other coaches do use. I seriously hope the press and the federation ask for his resignation because his conservative attitude towards our game kills us...we are a team with great potential that to this day is untapped...

Cristian Benitez is our only star coming out of these three games because he was the only one out there with huevos...Quiroz could have had a great tourney if loser Suarez played him

our day of glory was against germany in the world cup...Suarez decided to take the safe route, we could have really done some damage with the right team up there
    another chance against england, he messed that one up too

since the world cup, ecuador has tanked, with players that are in top form and oozing experience....we need a coach that will take our players to the next level...the federation must dish out some bigger bucks to attract someone

8. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Oye enfermo check this out,,the talent is there I know for a fact,but the caoching staff sucks.Watch atleast two ballers from this BS squad Suarez called up will go abraod,,,,ponle firma pelado.

9. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Oh Really? Than prove it. Play your qualifiers in Guayaquil like you did in 1994 and see what happens.

10. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Damn that REF WAS BEYOND BIASED.... even the commentators on telefutura noticed!..

But hey we played well... I say our best player tonight was ELIZAGA. I like the guy. Unlike Mora, he makes his presence felt and gives commands to the players.. He is on target and quick even though he is a big guy. My hat off to Elizaga- he showed that he is worthy.

But yea... we are out.. so are Colombia and USA.. they depended on us to have possibilities.

11. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

If there's anything that give me solace, it's that we don't use such poor grammar.

12. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Typical argentino:rolleyes: I do want the qualafiers to play in Guayaquil,Aparte de los resultado negativos,I think Ecuador proved that they can play di tu a tu can culaquier equipo in whatever settings.it's just that they can't seem to score easy gols.
    And yes I do want the qualafiers to play back in la costa,we ARE the rowdiest crowd,and playing your azzez at 3 or 4 in the afternoon con la humidad del guayas will be fun,If my city had a bigger stadium,it would be even more fun to watch you crybabies play at las 12 del dia con el solazo and calentura de Manta,el perro muerto y el pica pica(if you know so much about ecuafutbol,than you should know what I'm talking about) you'll be begging to go back to Quito.

13. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

LMFAO :D

14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Quito? HAHAH like sorry ass Banfield begged for it against El nacional? Hey we won a Copa America in Guayaquil.. Bring it.. at 12 noon. Anyways this time around the qualifiers will be set at two games in arow instead of 18 seperate games.. good luck!!

15. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

As far has I know the only teams to win la liberdatores in GYE are Olimpia and Vasco de Gama.And yes if Suarez is still the caoch then we'll need some luck,,but lets not forget Argentina barely beat Ecuador en buenos aires 1-0,,apretaron el orto para sacar la victoria.

16. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I guess you count "BARELY" in your futbol. you barely lost to England.. Good attitude!!

17. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

In that your correct Enlgand barely beat us the WHOLE world saw that,fue muy sufrida la victoria de Enlgand that Becks threw up his breakfast,have d!ckhead Suarez made some cambios perhaps the story would have been different.

18. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

In the long run noone remembers barely.. only the losers.. You remind me of all the barcelona fans that brag about vice-campeon de Copa Liberadores crap like anyone care. I will bet you millions of dollars if you ask America de Cali to trade in their 4 Copa Liberadores loses for 1 win they would do it in a heart beat..

19. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Knock on wood son,no soy Barcelonista,in fact I hate el Barcelona de GYE.esos son los giles enfermos ecuatorianos que se conforman con la mediocridad.And like I told you before I'm a different ecua,unique,one in a million,you will never meet a ecuadorian like me.My blood line is rare and unique.I don't hesitate to diss my own people,I tell like it is ,raw y sin pelos en la lengua.:cool:

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

The ref followed his orders from CSF very well by ensuring that there was no surprise elimination of Brasil. NO WAY NO HOW in 10 MILLION YEARS would the same play have resulted in a penalty in favor of Ecuador. I had actually joked about it before the game with my Dad, we agreed that the ref would not let Brasil lose. Think about the TV revenues that would be lost if Brazil were to somehow go out early.

In any case, the truth is Ecuador would not have won, a 0-0 tie would have been the natural result. Sadly, it is painfully obvious that having a good keeper in the back makes a huge difference, as this was the most difficult team we played, that created the most chances against us, far more than Mexico or Chile. Elizaga didn't do anything miraculous, but he stopped some good shots and commanded the defense as any national team-level keeper is expected to do, which Mora was not capable of.

21. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Brasil avanzó y Ecuador se despidió de la Copa América

La selección de Brasil se clasificó este miércoles a cuartos de final al derrotar a la de Ecuador 1-0, con un gol de penalti de su máxima estrella, el delantero Robinho, que en sintonÃ**a con sus compañeros hizo lo justo ante un rival difÃ**cil. México y Chile también avanzaron en el Grupo B.

More...

22. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ok....I'm back from the BBQ...here are my thoughts...for whatever they are worth.

I'll start off by saying that our team has NO TALENT. That's right....NO TALENT. I've read a few posts in which some people say that our players have a lot of talent, but I have to disagree. If our players had talent, they would be able to control the ball a lot more. They have absolutely NO BALL CONTROL! If they had talent, they would not make erratic passes. I can't believe how many "centros" were made in where the ball would float about a mile off the box! If our players had talent, they would shoot on goal a hell of a lot more! There were a few opportunities in where an Ecuadorian player passes up an opportunity to shoot and instead makes an ill advised pass and loses possession. If our players had talent, they wouldn't go on runs only to have the ball stipped by a defender. I can't count how many times I would see one of the two Ecuadorian strikers try to do it all themselves. They would run hard into or close to the box....only to lose ball control amid the Brazilian defenders. They were just way too predictable! I think what the Ecuadorian players have is POTENTIAL, but that is not to be confused with talent. I think they are strong, fast and impossing, but that is where it ends. They have no technique. They are absolutely horrible when it comes to the "thinking" part of the game. Ecuador basically needs to get lucky in order to have a chance. They need things to come out " de chiripazo". That's a sad reality.

As far as Luis Fernando Suarez is concerned.....I simply don't know what he tried to do. When the day began, we actually controlled our destiny! All we had to do was win by two goals! Obviously, that was going to be extremely hard, but it certainly wasn't impossible! Why did the team come out playing so conservative? Doesn't it make sense to send in an extra striker and push the lines forward if YOU NEED TO WIN? A tie wasn't going to do any good! Why weren't we playing more aggressive? Why were we only playing with two lonely strikers? Why weren't we pressing a lot more? Is there any difference losing by 1 goal or losing by 10??? I just don't understand the thinking behind his strategy. I realize he's not the one that is actually playing, but I definitely hold him responsible for the preperation, the strategy, and the personel he played with. Ecuador was absolutely horrible in all three of those categories. Suarez must be held responsible......he must go.

In closing, Ecuadorian soccer is what it is. It is extrememly mediocre. We simply do not have talented players. Our players are physically gifted, but are sub par in the technical aspects of the game. When ever Ecuador takes the field (outside of Quito), chances are they WILL LOSE. Again, it is what it is. The style they play is extremely predictable. A coaching change might help, but I doubt it. We need young players to get technical training at a very young age....something that is almost impossible to do in Ecuador. I will always root for my team, but the future doesn't look all that great. We will probably continue to qualify for World Cup play because of our wild card (Quito), but we will continue to be mediocre until we start working on the technical side of the game.

23. betto

betto New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Cary, NC

Defensively we looked much much better. Specially since we were playing against a team that was challenging our defenders more this tie around than the 2 previous games. Bagui looked more confident (maybe only to me), Espinoza was huge today as well. Guagua needs to play more w/ La Sombra so they get used to each other, but he did well. Reascos was ok, and I wanted to killed him when he did that stupid pass and almost cost us a goal. Elizaga while he is not spectacular (cause is not his style), he is always in the right position and is always commanding the defense, he did great today (bye bye Morita).

In the midfield, Castillo seem to be everywhere, and he did made like one bad pass but that's human. Valencia played ok in his roll as a 'volante mixto', but I think he is more effective on the wings (I'd have rather see Mendez in this roll). Mendez is playing scared or something, every single time that he needed to 'encarar' a defender, he turned around and passed the ball to Reascos or Castillo that were behind him. Ayovi did what he could (not much) with what he has (almost nothing), again not agressive and giving some very predictable passes.

In the front, this guy Benitez is all c0j0nes and talent, he was the only one that was constantly pushing forward and trying something diferent. Borja is pretty much inocent outside the box, he needs to be fed some good passes to be able to score. He missed that goal today which was very difficult to make.

C. Tenorio was just running like a wild horse. With his speed, he should do 'diagonales' from the wings towards or into the box behind the defenders, and use the spaces that Benitez was creating. Caicedo was fresh air and ideas but with just 15 min in the game, he was positioned too far behind to be able to create some real damage.

24. delija66

delija66 New Member

Aug 30, 2006

hope Benitez signs with Red Star!

25. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

What team did you watch?

NO TALENT!

Ok here is my 2cents. Our team has incredible talent. Brazil's game was a good game. The only thing the made me made was the lineup and the awkward clutter of subs Suarez did. Suarez is a lightweight. We all know that now. Our team though, saying that that they have no talent?

That is a bit too much to say and a bit inaccurate. Even the Commentators were praising our NT. We are lacking a good left wing. I liked how Guagua played.

WE just could not finish is off. It's a sad thing. We deserved to win but such is life. WE were not aggressive enough. The talent though, was clearly there.

So I'm asking again, what team did you watch?