Ecuador and friendlies

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Manolo, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I was going to answer in the Ecuador v. Venezuela match thread - but this quote brings up an important topic. I wish Rueda was reading this, because it will solve a lot of problems that he will be facing soon.

The #1 problem with Ecua footballers has always been mentality. There's so many examples of this, starting with our approach to friendlies, but also on the field. Remember all of those last-minute goals during the qualifiers?? That's not normal! That's lack of concentration. We can go back further to find numerous examples of silly mistakes due to nervousness, lack of discipline, and especially a lack of killer instinct.

The reason why Bolillo turned things around was that he found a way to bring focus and concentration to the players - for the whole game. He had a lot less talent at his disposal than we have today.

Rueda seems like a smart man, he speaks very well. If he can understand this concept, he will understand how we can go from convincingly beating a very good team like Mexico in their own stadium, and then 3 days later look like amateurs and lose to a team that is historically very bad (though getting better with all due respect).

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    manolo esto de los amistosos es muy complicado, hay muchos puntos de vista para jugarlos y para contratarlos

ver caso reciente de japon vs paraguay
    y ayer el problemon para un buen equipo japones y ganarle a Guatemala.

ver el caso makarian: vs canada y jamaica.....rivales que no son del otro mundo, hoy pide rivales europeos y la federacion le confirma juego en Lima vs chile.

is hard to get what you wish for
    and the motivation of all these pros. in any place in the globe is not the same, not only with ecuador.

En varios noticieros tv....esta semana, criticaban el desorden de la FMF por los ultimos dos amistosos, primero que todo, porque querian rivales de 'primer nivel', esperaban euros.

3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I have to agree with Manolo, the problem with the NT at times has been their mentality. In the reference to the last minute goals, you are right it is not normal, I really think that there is no NT in the whole world who suffered as many last minute goals as the Ecua NT. It is frustrating to watch sometimes...they can go from completely dominating a team (remember when we played Brazil the last time in Quito, or Arg in Buenos Aires), to looking so disorganized and unfocused on the pitch. I know yesterday was just a friendly, but you have to remember this is not a new script,its a broken record, and one we've heard numerous times. I was watching the Arg-Spa game yesterday, and even tho Ar was up 3-1, Spain kept attacking, and if it wasn't for a little bad luck (the ball hit the crossbar like 3 times) the score coud've been different. The point is that are teams that give it their all whether it be a riendly, a WCQ, or an official tournament game. Just because you might be experimenting, like I think the NT is still doing, it doesn't mean you have to lose all focus and not give it your all. Some of these players have everything they ever wished for-good income, a nice home, women, popularity, and then you get the privelage to represent your country and then not take advantage of it and play lackadaisical, its disheartening.

4. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I think it's all part of a strategy. Remember when we lost to Poland 3-0 in 2005 before the World Cup draw? Then in the WC they had all the expectation and pressure on them.

I think our guys prefer to lose in friendlies, so that they can exceed the expectations in the real matches.

Rueda is a GENIUS!

6. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    But wait.. Bolillo, Suarez, and Vizuete have been doing the same thing all along, so who's the real genius??

Oh, of course.. Chiriboga. :rolleyes:

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    yo no creo que ningun jugador de seleccion salga a perder....otra cosa es que se crean sobrados y no estimen lo suficiente a los equipos 'chicos'

8. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    pidieron revancha los venezolanos= dieron papaya en quito;)

10. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
  11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Proximos Partidos de La Selección

How many fifa dates are left? I'm hoping the Miami date is in late November. Never seen them before.

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Ecuador vs. Peru in Miami?! The whole Naples/Tampa/St. Pete/Orlando group of Ecuas will roll down in buses the same way the Miami contingent did back in 07 vs. USA. If the game is confirmed, I'll road trip it to the game with a ton of Ecuadorians from Gainesville. caravannn

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

FIFA dates? creo que solo es oficial la del 17 de noviembre
    vs peru puede ser unas semanas despues, cash in like the mexies love to do all over USA.

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  15. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

a quien no has visto antes? no ha de ser a la seleccion no? :eek:
    Y uno que cree que verle desde hace 20 años a la tri es lo mas normal del mundo...

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    el rumor en programas radiales de anoche, es que los organizadores europeos, buscan el estadio del Getafe.

alguien conoce detalles o el estadio?

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    From what I understand, it's a small stadium.

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake