Economy Changes

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by puddleduck, Oct 5, 2004.

1. puddleduck

puddleduck Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Providence, RI
    I thought this deserved to be posted here so we can discuss the ramifications. I'm thinking we'll see a much hotter market next season as teams expect more money. (As always in a market expectation matters more than reality)

Also, there's clearly going to be a lot of building going on at the end of next season.

2. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    I may expand, but of course it depends on where I'm at. I don't really expect to be much above sell-outs during this season, but even if I'm not doubling the future cost may be enough to convince me to go ahead and expand this season.

3. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    These are not really huge changes--the average D.V team will probably see arond $20k to $50k more a week. It makes funding your youth system easier, but other than that.......

The important factor, however, will be what puddleduck mentioned about people's expectations. If they do expect to be getting more money each week, the beginning of the seaosn may be a good time to make some sales.

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    to me the big change is with stadium construction. I've got a 17K stadium for a middle of the pack D5 team. I was going to wait one more complete season at least before expanding to around 30K...but now I've got to act inside of season 24....hmm.

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I think some of this was expected, they always raise something in the offseason to keep an economic balance. That said, like ur_land said, there is little it will do for DV teams other then some more money to help the youth system and eventually help he team become better.

On the stadium issue, if I get some good crowds this season, I plan on expanding my stadium as well,I sold out my 32,000 seat stadium the last game of this season, but I don't plan on expanding just yet, due to the fact that I did that last offseason, and then I only pulled over 20,000 twice last season, so I'm gonna wait and see how the crowd is this season before I expand a lot.

6. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mo money mo problems.

7. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    with current stadium size i will get 14K for a sellout. figure another 6K or so in sponsor money.

More importantly, I will probably increase stadium size before the end of next season. Not sure how big yet, but my stadium is probably a little undersized at the moment anyway. Actually, thinking about it. I'm going to expand sooner rather than later.

8. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yep, likewise. In fact I might over expand in order to avoid any hassle. Right now it is 25k, might move it up to 50k to be ready for the future.

9. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Can we expect stadium maintenance to double as well? Also, since all seats but regular will earn 10% more income (regular sees a 6.6% increase), will utilization figures change enough to care?

10. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The doubled series prize money is nice, but for team #4, I don't think it's much of an incentive to not drop down to 5th for a qually.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, it's not much incentive, but it is nicer to get 38K then it is to get the 19K I got this season for 4th.

12. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was wondering if they were gonna do something like this.

They had to inject more cash into the game as the economy was suffering.

Why was it suffering?

1. Daytrading is almost dead, not quite, but it is dying with the changes they made in the trasnfer market. Hard to make a killing any more

2. The switch to buying coaches has taken money out of the game. Thijnk about it, before you could spend $10K and get lucky and get a decent enough coach, now you might spend more than $2million to get a solid/solid and that money is "lost" to the game. Not to another player like trasnfer money is. This has taken money out circulation. Now, this money will be made back by solid trainers training players a week quicker, but that is slow, slow, slow trickle down economics.

3. Less emphasis on PM in the match engine has seriously deflated Pm transfers.

13. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    The stadium change is huge for teams like PB United, who still play in a 7000 seat stadium. This will greatly affect how soon and how much I expand to.

14. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    No lie, I'm having trouble unloading a World Class PM for what I'd consider a fair value. Thinking about switching training. (Also think about quitting altogether, but that's for another thread.)

15. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paradoxically, in Hattrick terms this means a healthier economy, because less money is leaving the world through agent fees. The move to kill daytrading may be having an effect here, though, as there may be more wastage when players are sold.

I have a hard time accepting this at face value. It's possible, but it's also possible that the HT team succeeded in flattening the cost of changing a coach without increasing the amount of money leaving the game.

See my comment about day trading; less money involved in transfers means more money floating in the game world.

I think you're missing the single most important factor: the worldwide effect of "smarter" fans. Not only was there the attendance decline (with the attendant decline of money entering the game), there was also the loss of sponsorship money (probably not significant, but still there).

As a team owner, we see our major income stream as training, but that's just money in flight in the game; it has to come from somewhere. The places where money enters the HT universe are: Sponsor income, interest income, stadium revenue, prize money, new team starting money / elimination of debts in departing teams. If there's a problem in the HT economy, these are the places where it arises.