Eastern Conference Championship Torrent

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by eneste, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Is there anyone with the game on DVD? I've been having all sorts of problems with my new DSL connection so I haven't been able to download the game.

Thanks,

Sachin

2. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't find it on HPI. Is there someplace else you're talking about?

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    When did you check? It's usually up in the evenings at HPI

4. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coming to me now from one lone seed. This should take a few days. Thanks for all the help.

5. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry man, I'll hook you up once I get it downloaded.

6. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll start it up again - maybe that will help.

7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Supposedly I'm seeding, but I register zero bits per second upload.

Does that mean nobody is downloading? The other files I'm seeding are uploading just fine.

8. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, I think that's what it means. No one's uploading from me, either.

9. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Ok. So has Sinko finished downloading? Or is he just unplugged at the moment?

10. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'm up and running. This is my first time trying a torrent. So far in the wonderful world of bittorrents this is on a crisp 8 hour pace. I'll leave it running through the night though for whoever is trying to do the same.

11. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I finished downloading the original 1.41GB torrent, but now I'm trying to get the 574.1MB CD sized file. However I am upping the original at this moment to somebody who is at about 17%.

12. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The key is to get on the bandwagon early - when everyone else is also downloading it. You'll see tremendous speed gains. Otherwise, it's just like downloading the file directly from one very slow source.

13. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be me seeding. I apologize for the slow speed - I've got some other torrents I'm seeding, other torrents I'm downloading, and I'm running the tracker. My poor DSL modem is smoking.

Be patient, and you'll get it. When my wife logs in to the desktop machine here - as she often does during the day - my client goes off line and any files I'm seeding become unavailable. Not much I can do about that, except maybe try to set up a dedicated seed box on one of my servers for HPI torrents.

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    hey, and word on the last USA qualifyer vs Jamaica? Or some classic USMNT games? :)

15. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm seeding something else right now that I need to give all my upload bandwidth to. When I'm done I'll restart seeding the Conference Final torrent again.

Any sign of a torrent for the Cup Final?

16. dsheon

dsheon New Member

Jun 12, 2000
    oh. so i must have selected and downloaded only the mega file because there's no CD sized file here...anyone willing to seed? No one seems to be now.

17. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Looks like there's a couple of people seeding the big un now. I wonder how the speed is for anyone downloading.

18. dsheon

dsheon New Member

Jun 12, 2000
    I get an ERROR problem getting response info (Errno2) No such file or directory...

19. dsheon

dsheon New Member

Jun 12, 2000
    But before I go further with this, in order to make this into a DVD (makes great Christmas gifts....) do I need different software than standard Windows XP to burn this to the CD? Does the CD that I use for data storage for work files suffice? Or do I need special DVD type CDs? Sorry but I'm really green here!!!!

20. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say that you should probably give up on the idea of burning this to DVD - the file format is one that 99.9% of all DVD players will not play. In fact, that's the case with everything currently on the HPI tracker. Files formatted for DVD use are huge compared to the files we are sharing now.

That doesn't mean it's impossible. Just that it'll be difficult for a person "green" to video and making DVDs. So I don't sound so doom-n-gloom, I just found a tutorial that shows how to do the entire process with one new (to me) tool over at www.videohelp.com (tutorial: http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230988 ). Of course, you can't burn DVDs unless you have a DVD burner (different than a CD burner), and blank DVDs.

There is a non-standard format called "miniDVD", or "cDVD", that burns DVD format files on normal CDs. Of course, you can only fit about 15 minutes of video on them, and most stand-alone DVD players won't play them either.

21. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are using Azureus (the client I suggest people use because it's excellent), it means that Azureus is having a hard time finding the torrent file on your hard drive. You probably used IE and had it try to directly open the torrent from the HPI website. Instead, try saving the torrent file to your hard drive, and then open it in Azureus.

My setup is really slick - I created a directory in "My Documents" called "Downloads". I set FireFox (my browser of choice) to save all files I download to "Downloads". Then, I told Azureus to scan that folder once per minute, and automagically open all torrents it finds. What it does, it moves the torrent file from "Downloads" to it's own data directory. Then it downloads the data to C:/Torrents, and moves it to C:/Torrents/Complete when the download is complete. It's actually easy to set up, and when I want to download a torrent I just save the torrent file to the hard drive, and when the file shows up in the completed file directory, I know it's ready to use. Best of all, it's 100% hands-free.

22. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to setup tonite both the regular "DVD size" one and the "CD size" one. Then I'll leave it up thru the weekend....

23. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeeeeessss! Done. :)

To return the favors I'll be seeding both over the next few weeks for any late-comers.

24. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I left the CD size one going, but I cant test if its working. Can anyone inform if they see it working?

25. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm running Mac OS X, with Quick Time, which can't recognize the .avi file of the downloaded torrent file. Is that a codec issue? Any ideas? Thanks.

Michael