Eastern Conference Championship Torrent

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by eneste, Nov 7, 2004.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    yea I forgot to mention that. Email the torrent file, but not the actual video file.

2. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, after much adu (sorry, i had to...) and thanks to Foosinho, NYR Metros and Eneste I've figured out how to do the torrent thing.

Visit torrents.huntparkinsider.com and you can download the smaller sized "2004.11.06 - mls eastern conference championship (cd size)" The game itself is about 553MB and the trophy presentation is about 21MB. The files are in Windows Media Format (.wmv) so they should be easily viewable.

If there is a demand to do this for other games (more importantly if it works...) I can do this more often.

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Excellent. How's the quality of the smaller version compared to the bigger version? And does the .wmv format convert to a vcd better than the divx .avi format does?

And have any of you experimented with the KVCD format? Apparently you can fit 800 mb of higher quality video on a 700 mb cd-r.

4. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Azureus is the official Bit Torrent client of BigSoccer...and this is the place for footy torrents...

5. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try the VLC Player...never hunt for a codec again...

6. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have. It's not bad, but it takes forever to encode. I made a KDVD of a vacation video for my parents, and it turned out pretty good (virtually indistinguishable from VHS), but I'vd downloaded some KVCD files that were pretty crappy, but I'm not sure if it's a poor source, or if KVCD doesn't deal with with high-motion scenes (eg, sports).

7. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, what an awesome site. Bookmarked.

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I've heard good reviews about this player. Gonna give it a shot soon.

9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I think we should designate one video that is currently offered on the tracker, and re-encode it to kvcd. Let's see if it's any better or worse.
    Cause right now I can't burn most of the games because they are 700mb in divx .avi which expands to 800 mb when I try to burn with Nero 6.

10. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My crappy DVD player can't play KDVD (or even SVCD)...:( But I've heard good things...

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    SVCD can only hold 40 minutes of video. good quality though.

KVCD supposedly can hold 2 hours of high quality video or 800mb on a single 700 mb cd-r.

svcd workd on my dvd player, but the one time I tried to burn a kvcd I got a lot of error messages. I dunno if Nero 6 has probvlems with kvcd or it just happened that the particuliar kvcd was no worky.

12. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think the quality is pretty good. Obviously, its smaller (720x?? compared to 320x??) and there are compression artifacts, but its still at 30fps so its pretty smooth and you can clearly see which players are which, etc. I viewed it fullscreen in Windows Media Player on a 19in monitor and it was fine. My standards may be different than someone else tho...

I've never tried the KVCD or even VCD for that matter. I dont know how the quality would compare...

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  14. Primate

Primate Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Anyone who has downloaded the CD size of the easter conference championship could you please seed it?
    There's two of us trying to download it and only one seed and I'm getting 1KB a second. I've been trying to get it for days now and this is getting old.
    Please, if you have it seed it for a bit.
    http://torrents.huntparkinsider.com/
    2004.11.06 - mls eastern conference championship (cd size)

Thank you

15. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm online now. i've got a cable hookup so it should move fairly quickly.

I had it up last weekend, but took it down again cus i didn't see anyone leeching it.

i'll leave it up again for a da or two, or if you post that you've got it and then i'll take it down.

NYR Metros, send me a PM and maybe we can see about setting up the kvcd for next season...

16. lmarie5

lmarie5 New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    Herndon, VA
    After sorting out some nasty virus issues, I finally have this up and running, so please leave it up if you can. I'm getting the larger version because nobody was leeching it at the moment, and I'm happy enough with my 27kB/s, so it should take about 16 hours.

If you'll excuse me, I believe I need to spread some rep around now.

17. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I can't seed any faster than that. I've got some other torrents I'm seeding (and downloading), and I've got to leave enough free bandwidth for the tracker and my web and email servers. I need a bigger pipe...

18. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've started seeding the big one again because it's the only version I have. Hopefully of use to someone.

Still hoping the Cup Final will appear there . . .

19. lmarie5

lmarie5 New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    Herndon, VA

Thank you! I got 5% in 45 min, and it just jumped up to 65kB/s now that four people are seeding it.

20. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    ok mate!

22. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm now downloading and getting good speed. Thanks everybody!

I'll be leaving it running on my PC until 11 pm PST.

Hey, can we do this for the Cup? My VCR didn't work. :(

RS

23. Primate

Primate Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    It's all good, I understand.
    Someone or more were seeding today while I was out because it went from 109 hours to go to being done.

Thanks all. As usual I'll leave mine to seed for a few days.

24. ayers

ayers Member

Jul 9, 2002
    somewhere
    Downloading right now. It's going at good speed.

I will need to turn my laptop off for a few hours after this is done because it's been on for more than 2 days. But will re-seed later tonight and tomorrow if anyone still needs to download it.

Thanks all.

25. ayers

ayers Member

Jul 9, 2002
    somewhere
    That other person trying to download it was me. Thanks for being the smarter one and knowing (where) to ask for help.