East Coast Road Trip

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising FC' started by Matt117, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've given up on watching the streams as they are unwatchable, at least with my internet connection. I just don't get how the team can keep giving up early goals and not make changes in the back. I haven't seen the reserves, but I would think at some point they need to give someone besides Renan and Hedrick a shot at CB. Only Rochester and Antigua have conceded more goals.

I know a few more goals would help, but its not fun coming from behind every game and the offense is pulling it's weight (in the middle of the league in terms of goals scored).

I don't see the last half of this trip getting any better. I don't even want to think about the Orlando game and Tampa is a lot better than they were when they were in Phoenix in March. I'd be happy if they can get any points.

2. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah things are looking grim in the back right now, we NEED Devon in CB. Who do we pair him up with? Not sure. LFR will have a special welcome back for the boys after this grueling road trip regardless of results.

3. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if it is Hedrick, Renan, the combination of the 2, or the fact that we have no natural outside backs (at least that play there), but it is not working. Devon does okay at RB, but he was better the game he played in the middle. I think Morrison played LB in Scotland, but he is too important to the midfield. Keller is supposedly a LB, but the fact that he hasn't played is telling. Making Donny play defense hurts the offense. Netinho is better in midfield. What scares me is that Robertson and the coaches don't have any other options b/c they know putting in the 2nd stringers will be ugly.

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but Bill Shankly put it best when he said, "If you can't support us when we draw or lose, don't support us when we win." Unfortunately, loyal supporters don't get teams into the playoffs though.

4. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I will always support this team, but it would great to get a win.

5. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd think at some point, you'd nick one. It's not all the time that a team that's not a complete disaster can't get one somewhere. I mean, I expect Antigua to get one somewhere (I just couldn't tell you where that might be). Orlando and Tampa Bay are good teams, obviously. They played well at RSL in front of 8k, will they rise to the challenge when RSL's guys come here and there are 1,800 and it's 113?

You would think the Dayton match on 6/21 (next one I'm planning to go to, and the only two games I've been to have been victories, so place your bets, gents) would be a good possibility. You'd have to get all six points against Antigua, right? Richmond at home would be hard, the Charleston/Charlotte two-step in late July, Charlotte plays on the Wednesday as well, so no real advantage. Finish up with Harrisburg, Charleston, Rochester. Rochester is bad and will be playing out the string.

So what is that? Four more wins? 12, maybe 14 points if they can hold somebody to a draw in there? 21 to 23 points total? Three teams are already there or above there. Won't be easy to make it to the last eight of Europe like Odeen had them.

6. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stream was actually working nicely (way to go Orlando!). The game was more lopsided than the score from what I saw. Phoenix had a couple decent chances, but couldn't attack with any consistency.

Tampa absolutely murdered Antigua. Maybe they'll be overconfident; Phoenix needs all the help they can get.

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So 2-8-3 at the halfway point.

And they came up just under $123,000 short on the bus fundraiser.

9. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think we're going to make the playoffs. At this point I'd be happy with another win. Hell even a draw would be fantastic.

10. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe anyone seriously thought they were going to raise this. It was either incredibly naive or lazy.

Hopefully, the team's morale is higher than the fans'.

11. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you see that penalty?

Really?

12. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No excuse for that. NONE.

13. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, Antigua will be here in a month!

14. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Antigua that actually looked like they're coming together against Orlando. :/

15. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Antigua that looked like Phoenix in the same road uniform!

16. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they blew what will probably end up being their best shot at winning a game on the road all season.

17. DrAnguish

DrAnguish Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Antiqua, Wilmington, and Phoenix all have EXACTLY the same color / design neon uniform. You'd think in a 13 team league the league would be like 'nope fellas, SOMEBODY has to change the style'.

And yes that penalty last night was one of the worst I've ever seen taken. Shanked it completely into the middle of the lake behind the goal.

I don't think Tampa came in over confident, but they did come in lacking a bit of energy in the first half for whatever reason. It was odd that their energy level and resolve seemed to pick up once they were playing a man down. Weird.

18. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Might have a shot in Rochester, who is not good. Might.

19. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured that was Nike's default away kit for USL. While I like Phoenix's home kits, no one can say they got very creative with either home or away.

That kick was taken by Phoenix's biggest name and probably highest paid player. His season has been a total waste so far. Got to wonder if he'll be back next year, assuming the team will be.

It's weird how that works. I think it makes players realize they need to focus and play hard. Coaches in lots of sports get ejected on purpose to try and get their team fired up.

I didn't think about Rochester, but how many more times are they going to be a man up with a chance to take the lead on a penalty an hour into a game?

20. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys can go back to the airport to see him off when he goes home.

Next week.

:)

Maybe none. Maybe some.

But you don't know going in, do you?

I was just thinking that Rochester isn't very good.