East Asian Football Federation Cup 2005

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by mcruic, Nov 22, 2004.

1. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I just want to see China beat South Korea once. They nearly drew Ireland back in May I think, and that was Ireland's B+ team. It was an away game as well. So I think they can do it. If not beat South Korea, just draw them in their home turf. They've drawn South Korea before in South Korea.

2. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Zheng Zhi was badly injured in a CSL match and have to rest for months I think

3. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    This Chinese team is certainly capable of beating South Korea. The only thing for them would be to play as they normally would, and not be affected by the whole Jinx nonsense (I really don't believe in it, as the squads are different everytime and it's a whole new game every single time). If they can find it in their mentality to play as they normally would, then they will be successful and come away with at least a draw (or even a win, though it will be tougher as they are in S.Korea). And if the Youth team members for China can show their fantastic pace and technique they showed in WYC, then they would certainly be pleasing to watch the whole tournament.

For Korea, this will be a tournament for Park CY to solidify his place in the Senior NT. He's been fantastic in the K-league, and hopefully he can carry that momentum into this tournament. It's good to see new faces in the team as well, of course. Hopefully Bonner can finally settle on his back-3 after this tournament and stick with it until the world cup. European players are missing, but I have no doubt that the K-leaguers will try much harder than them to make their mark. Anything but a victory in the tournament will be a disappointment for Korea, as they are playing at home this time. Here's hoping that Korea can win this for second time in a row :)

Japan will certainly be strong as well, of course. Sure, European players are missing, but their top defense line is intact (Tanaka/Miyamoto/Nakazawa) and Oguro has been really shining as of late. Their midfield may be sub par when you compare it to their Confed cup squad, but Japan's always had depth... it would be foolish for any team to underestimate their midfield... besides, they still have talented midfielders like Ogasawara.

I'm not sure about the N.Korea team, but I hope they can put up a good fight like they did against Japan and Iran in the WCQ.

4. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Jinx is real. As long as you believe it it could wreak havoc. It's nonsense to you because you don't believe in it. And it's easier for you to not believe in it because it doesn't bother you so much. And it doesn't bother you so much because you're on the winning side of this duel so far. :)

5. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Much like the American baseball curses, I think it exists more in the mind of the Chinese fans. But I also think, as some of the games go on or if China gets a lead and then Korea comes back late or something, its the sort of "here we go again" attitude, even among the players...The pain has been numerous over the years and at all levels, Sr MNT, Olympics, etc..

6. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    actually oguro hasn't been doing well since the confed cup and now he's somewhat lost confidence. quality of j-league defense is far more tougher than the greece and brasil defense line.

7. jinroh

jinroh Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Seoul/Tokyo/NJ
    On a bit off topic, anyone would consider accepting Aussies to EAFF should they apply for? It would serve well mutually, i guess. maybe EAFF final round can be expanded to 6 teams or split into 2 tiers instead of having a preliminary.

upper level: NK, SK, China, Japan, Auss, and winner from lowerlever in last tournanment.

lower lever: all others.

8. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    just checking the schedule. wow, japan and korea have 3 days for rest before the match so that koreans don't start making excuse when they get bitchslaped 5-0 by us.

9. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    so what would be Japan's excuse should they be thumped 5-0 then? ;)

10. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ha, you guys know it is always going to be close and intense. hopefully there is a winner this time though.

11. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    hopefully japan won't be the winner already with 6 pts,korea 2pts, and china family with a point before the match.

12. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    I don't think he's scored since Gamba beat Verdy 7-1, still been full of effort though.My biggest problem with Oguro is he can't seem to go a whole 90 mins without getting completely exhuasted

13. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    날조 망상 왜곡 원숭이! :mad:

14. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    fact twisting self deluding monkey? :confused:

15. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    lol, actually that's a quite accurate translation (literally).

16. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Today 31.july :

Korea Rep - China PR 1-1

DPR Korea- Japan 1-0 !

17. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    no spoilers! some people might not have watched yet.

18. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well.... put [R] on the title

19. Chosun HwoRang

Chosun HwoRang New Member

Feb 13, 2005
    NYC
    The surprise was the Korea vs China match.

The Japan vs North Korea match wasn't a miracle. It was overdue.

20. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    overdue from what? it sure was a micracle but it doesn't matter as we bitchslaped them when we really should have.

21. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005

sure japan bitchslapped NK twice, but let me tell you that the LAST BITCHSLAPPING WAS DONE BY NK TO JAPAN...take a loss buddy :D

22. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    ... and some plunge in FIFA ranking. Japan was ranked 13th. A loss to NK (ranked in 90+) and a possible loss to Korea looms large.

23. FM 2005

FM 2005 New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Paris
    Excuse me, but somebody know the number on their jerseys of japanese players ?

24. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Women

China 0-2 S.Korea

25. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Im looking for the torrent of Japan vs North Korea !!! thanks. and greenlion thansk for the nice pixs