Early Nominees for Best CD of the Year?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by nancyb, Oct 9, 2003.

1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Delgado's - Hate (maybe that was 2002, I can't remember) Regardless, lyrically and musically it still gets me every time and I got it way back in the beginning of the year.

Pernice Brothers - Your's mine and Ours - Joe add's some Smiths and New Order vibes to his alerady impressive resume. His best work since Scud Mountain Boys Massachussetts.

My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves - Not as good as At Dawn, but still a sensational album.

Rufus Wainwright - Want One Granted I just got this, we'll see if it stands the test of time...but for Today it's on the list.

Guilty Pleasure - Guided by Voices - Earthquake Glue ....their best since Alien Lanes, imo.

Biggest Disapointment - Living Colour - Collidescope, just a dreadful album. None of the melody or funk that made them a worthwhile band inthe first place. Limp Bizkit could have made that album.

Best Reissue - Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars Motion Picture Soundtrack, or Alladin Sane Deluxe edition.

2. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So you have an advance copy?

I have to agree with nancyb and put Up The Bracket by the Libertines on my list. Also Hearts of Oak by Ted Leo/Pharmacists.

Other than that, I haven't gotten much new music this year. Mainly reissues and old stuff (Stereolab, T Rex, the Smiths, Lou Reed, Massive Attack, etc.)

3. snowsuit

snowsuit New Member

Oct 1, 2000
    san diego
    no, but someone ripped their copy and it's been on the net for a couple of weeks.

4. carolinab

carolinab Member+

Aug 21, 2000
    D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bermuda
    Best ep: Ted Leo & zee Pharmacists, Tell Balgeary, Balgury is Dead.

Best cd: Ted Leo y los Pharmacists, Hearts of Oak

Yes, I fully realize I am obsessive.

5. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
  6. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Here's my pick thus far, for this year's fave CD:

[​IMG]

7. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one's my pick. I think that it will truly change the face of rap.

8. Scoey

Scoey Member

Oct 1, 1999
    Portland
    At least you're obsessive with good taste. And soccer related taste. It's a great album.