EA Sports - 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Discussion in 'Games' started by Metropolitan, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Metropolitan

Metropolitan Member+

Paris Saint Germain
    France
    Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]

EA Sports officially announced the game on January 27th. It should be available on Wii, PlayStation3 and Xbox360 (but not on PC). » Official Website

The game should include "all 199 national teams" which participated to the World Cup qualifiers. It should also include the 10 World Cup stadiums in South Africa, and other stadiums of each confederations for the qualifiers

According to wikipedia, there's been 204 national teams participating to the qualifying process, and I have not yet investigated about which 5 teams are missing from that. But anyway, this already makes a big difference from the 2006 edition of the game which featered only 122 national teams.

On Xbox360 and PS3, there should be an online mode ranking countries according to the results of online players. On wii, there should be a possibility to play to the world cup with up to 32 different human competitors (not simultanously obviously... each player having one team getting attributed). The online mode will also be available on wii.

The game will be released on April 27th in North America, and on April 30th in Europe and Japan (I have no information yet about other regions).

2. SportsGuru

SportsGuru New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Awesome. I will be getting this when it comes out.

3. namilliron

namilliron New Member

Since the game won't be on PC, do you know if you can set up the PSP version so that the computer plays both teams (the way you can on PC)?

4. C.Ronaldo9

C.Ronaldo9 Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Class! I love these kind of games because they get you in the mood for the EURO/World Cup.

Who are you going to be first? I think I'll be Spain/ Ivory Coast.

5. RedWolf

RedWolf New Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Arkansas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really tempted to get this, but I just got FIFA 10 recently.

6. vanesa7

vanesa7 New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Nice uniforms..

7. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It sound like it will rival or be better than FIFA 98 in terms of World Cup Qualification mode, so that sounds great...I just wish they weren't money-hungry over there at EA and included all the club teams/tournaments and this on one game. Rrrr.

8. 9999James

9999James New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    Awesome. Nice game, then it comes out, i take it.:):)

9. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    It also contains a preview of the US "home" white uniform. I know that it was already leaked, but this sort of makes it official.

10. 7spencer7

7spencer7 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Outside Boston
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of it is not being money hungry. The database needed to contain all those club teams and all these national teams may hurt performance. Yes even on a next gen console or PC.

11. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having a little problem adjusting to the game - my scoring touch is all but gone all of the sudden.

I love the look and feel though. And the "co-op" camera is great - was that onFIFA10? If so, I never noticed

12. xibalba89

xibalba89 New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if the Wii version allows you to use the gamecube controller? I had read that it would, but an interview I read recently only mentioned the classic controller...

13. moonbbad

moonbbad Member

May 21, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. MrSoloDolo

MrSoloDolo Member

Aug 2, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i was kinda disappointed to see the lack of licensing in jerseys. even some of the world cup countries (chile, honduras, etc.). hoping for an update. and btw, i just edit the player numbers to what they usually are for friendlies, qualifiers, etc, then try a squad update & changes nothing at all but sets everything to default...why's it do this...?

15. maestri09

maestri09 Member+

Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Yes, the player edit mode is messed up. The only way to change is by turning on "Auto Save". And even then, it might take you a couple of times to change the jersey numbers. It has happened to me, anyways.

16. zemase

zemase New Member

May 13, 2010
    Hanover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't believe in this special tournament editions... For me (as a yearly Fifa-buyer) this is only money-making. The gamecore is exactly the same as in the main game with some minor changes, isn't it? They should offer it as a DLC for Fifa-player. But 60 Bugs is way too much. In 2 months, it won't be worth 10...

17. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    wonder why its not on pc

18. spottedeagle

spottedeagle New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    This game is definately exciting, but like others have said theres not much different here from FIFA10. Pretty much I payed $50 for a whole bunch of international teams...

Nonetheless I enjoy it ;-)

19. tevez183

tevez183 New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Can someone who has both FIFA 10 and the World Cup edition explain if there are any significant upgrades in gameplay?

20. spottedeagle

spottedeagle New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    probably one of the most significant differences are that penalty kicks are completely different from Fifa10, and shooting is much more touchy in regards to the direction you are pointing... its definately harder to shoot an accurate ball but once you play for a while it gets acoustomed too.

PS. I wouldn't necessarily call these upgrades though... there more like different characteristics from Fifa10. For instance, I think PKs are more challenging in WC2010 than Fifa as are taking regular shots, but I wouldn't label them as upgrades

Otherwise, I wouldn't say theres any other significant upgrades from the two games other than the fact you get a bunch of international teams.

21. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Just picked up the Wii version and feel pretty cheated. Can those with the Wii version confirm the following, in case i am just using the wrong settings:

1.) no way to switch away from the "arcade" style of booming kicks and in-game slow-mos?

2.) online mode - no way to pause or make substitutions?

3.) no way to play the "online world cup" tournament style as others have mentioned for PS3 and Xbox?

22. OrlandoEngelaar

Jul 19, 2008
    CA
    Should have just been an add-on download instead or at least be priced lower, sure programming 199 national teams takes a lot of effort and resources but nothing compared to the 30 leagues of clubs they put out every year.

23. special_one

special_one New Member

May 11, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Lol...This is why I rented it before i bought it, it's a good way to try out a game before shelling out a good bit of cash for it :D.

The game play really isn't that different from previous versions, but as you said, enjoyable nonetheless.

24. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    I'm still having problems getting a handle on the controls. The last soccer game I played was Winning Eleven 8 on the PS2.

25. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Weak! EA chose England for the USvEng "Story of the Finals" extra.