Dynamo should pick up Deisler

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by bayernguy311, Jan 16, 2007.

1. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel really bad for Deisler as not too long ago, he was the future of German football. He had all the talent and skill for everyone to see.

Unfortunately, persistent injuries just didn't allow him to continue playing.

My thoughts would be if he thought he was well enough to play, he would have continued on with Bayern.

The fact that he himself has called time on his playing career tells me that he's damaged goods and we ought to save the wages.

2. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town

Once a fan , always a fan . By the way , my german son is born in Munich, and is a Bayern supporter .... so I'm ok with your club .
    Still will tease you ..lololol
    To see a german player is still a dream , OL said ,that they are looking South of Mexico ....

3. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thats right, anyone can be a front runner. But to stick to your guns no matter what division is an artform (and dementia). :D

4. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite German is Moritz Volz. I wish the Dynamo could get him. He would strengthen our backline so much.

5. Scott e Dio93

Scott e Dio93 New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Montevideo, URU
    Why? Deisler, was just hype-up german promise, never became soccer super star talent.

Also, Dynamo doesn't more midfielders. Dynamo just focus getting tricker up top, open space and create for himself and Ching.

6. av8tor

av8tor New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Fuera del pais
    Might need this in the draft thread, but has anyone considered the fact that we might lose our entire starting mid-field for Gold Cup?

DeRo - CMNT
    Rico - USMNT
    The Hobbit - invitee to USMNT, declined =>to get married.
    Mullan - If he does well against Denmark and Mexico, his selection could stick.

Then there's one in front (Ching) and one in back (ERo).

For Suramericana, get DeRo back, but add Moreno to the GONE list. Also get the feeling Barrett may get a slot in one of those.

7. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX

Since Figo has gone to S. Arabia, then we should bring in C. Ronaldo. I'll make some phone calls.

8. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should try and get Robbie Fowler. We need striker cover up top.

9. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah it's not looking good for our midfield or our strikers.

Dalglish and Moreno is not a good partnership. Hopefully Ching doesn't get called up when we need him most.

10. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you refer to Brad Davis as a Hobbit?? He is what 5'9" or 5'10". He is a giant standing next to me. 5'6" WE do need another forward. Not sure who. Maybe Stuie will get more play.

11. av8tor

av8tor New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Fuera del pais
    Not just A hobbit, but THE Hobbit...and it doesn't have anything to do with his height. No dig or disrespect intended.

Stuie's gonna have to show up big, but I think Wondo gets more time up front.

12. stagnant

stagnant Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Houston, Texas
  13. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all want our fav players over here. Now with the DP we could theoretically get anyone we want, but players like Crouch don't want to come because it is almost a given that they will be dropped from their national team.

14. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    In an interview on FSC last week Gulati said that the US team would be taking their best players to the Gold Cup, so we may not loose too many (maybe Ching and Rico) for that competition. Of course if any of the Dynamo have a good showing at the camp or during the upcoming friendlies they may add themselves to the roster.

For Suramericana we may lose more but at least we'd get DeRo back.

15. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We really have no ST on lockdown on the USMNT right?

Who's got it right now? Ching, Johnson, Jaqua, Twellman?

Remember McBride has retired.

16. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Yeah, that position is really up in the air. Ching, Johnson, and Twellman are obviously the leaders since they've gotten games with the team before. But after that there really aren't any clear choices. Cooper and Rolfe would probably be my next couple of choices.

17. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I'm guessing even if Ching doesn't play full 90 matches in these tourneys, he will not be available for us for a long time.

We should be looking for a CB and a ST.

18. av8tor

av8tor New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Fuera del pais
    Still thinking Davis gets a shot on the left side. Just don't see anyone around with his free-kick/natural left-foot abilities.

19. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beasley? Convey? Mapp?

20. av8tor

av8tor New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Fuera del pais
    Beasley and Convey had such crappy showings in Alemania, they're not locks. I think both have better speed, but aren't any better on the shot or have better vision than Brad. And his size may be a positive factor....

21. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No thanks.

I'd rather Crouch stay with the current crap team he's with and continue to underachieve.

22. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, I'll say that Davis isn't even close to where Convey is right now in terms up getting up and down the flank and creating dangerous opportunities.

It's funny how everyone's opinions on American national team players are based on three matches last July.

While Convey was healthy for Reading, he was easily one of their key players in their run to the Premiership and will probably be just as instrumental in keeping them there once he's back on his feet.

I like Davis, I really do, but he's not near as dangerous a player as Convey or Beasley for that matter.

23. av8tor

av8tor New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Fuera del pais
    I don't think Brad is more dangerous in the run of play, but I'd rather have him than these other two off of set plays. So I guess it would be up to Bradley's tactics and strategy to define 'dangerous.'

And while Convey may have showed in EPL, he didn't for the USMNT. It may have been three games, but it was 3 games on the big stage...and he flopped.

All I'm saying is that, given their lack of performance under pressure, the door is open for others to get a shot. That winning attitude is just as important as the technical skills. And BD has it.

24. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I certainly won't argue for the door being open to BD. I he certainly does bring quite a bit to a team on the set pieces.

I'm a regular on an Everton forum (Toffeeweb) and was saying how David Moyes ought to go out and try to land Oguchi Oneywu before someone else snaps him up.

Several of the locals had somewhat of the same reaction, "Wasn't he terrible at the World Cup?"

Everyone for the USA played terrible in that match against the Czechs but I wouldn't let that one match cloud their judgement. I think Oneywu has a bright future. But it's amazing to me how many people saw that match against the Czechs because everyone remembers how poor we were.

25. stagnant

stagnant Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    I wass joking about Crouch.. though I would like him here it won't happen. It was more of an excuse to show the video.