Dynamo-MLS trade ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Eliezar, May 14, 2007.

1. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Albright + someone (draft pick, another player) for Houston's DP (unless you are going to use the DP)

----Ching---De Rosario----

Davis---Mulrooney---Mullan

----------Clark------------

Barrett-Rob--Coch--Albright

I'm serious. LA needs to the DP, we aren't using it, and it seems to allow us to settle into a real line up.

Now if you want to bring in a DP that's fine, but if we are just going to sit on it, then trade it.

2. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Dom and OL: Make this trade

Are you ********ing crazy? Allbright for our DP? Do you know what our DP is worth? Houston was brought into this league so we could get an SSS, sign a high profile Mexican player and get outrageous attendances.

Allbright won't do shit for our club.

3. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Are you serious? Have you actually watched Shirley Temple play? For our DP slot? Really? Unless that "someone" is Landicakes, my answer isn't just no, it's ******** no.

Or is this a joke I'm just not getting. No really, I'm very tired today and I think there must be something wrong with my sense of humor.

4. houdynamo

houdynamo New Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Pearland

Donovan maybe... Cus we really dont need the DP.

5. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WTF? What if Fonseca, Marquez, or Salcido become available? Don't give up the DP when we could get a good Mexican player that would make AEG and the fans happy.

6. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Allbright is Allwrong. For any team.

7. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

rep'd!!

8. bilzy

bilzy New Member

Feb 1, 2007

Allbright is worthless. I wish we could get Dunivant back but that won't be happening.

9. houdynamo

houdynamo New Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Pearland

That'd be great, but I think we could win a championship without using the DP. If we do use it, (I bet we don't and we trade it to LA) than I hope that they choose wisely. Meaning, not only will the guy fill seats but also help us tremendously. I’m almost certain that Houston will trade it away to LA. Don't get mad at me, I don't think this is necessarily the best decision, I just think this is what's going to happen.

10. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

if we was to pick up albright or laddycakes I would shot myself!I hate both of the equaly.......well laddycakes more!

We will more than likly hold onto out DP sport for a little while and pick up someone at a later date. I dout we will sell it because there isnt really anyone out there.

PS it doesnt have to be a mexican player even though it would be smart.Think outside the box people!

11. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let's start over, breath, and look at what I posted.

I clearly said if they are not going to use the DP to trade it. So don't say 'are you crazy, Rafa!' because I already said if they are going to use it, to use it.

Second, I didn't say Albright for DP. I said Albright + _____. Maybe a center back, maybe draft choices, maybe _______. So saying Albright for a DP is not what I said.

I am saying let's either use our DP or get something for it. LA is in the market to trade for a DP and LA has a solid MLS quality right back. Houston's three weakest positions are 2nd striker, right back, and center back in that order. Let's either sign a DP striker, DP attacking mid and move De Rosario to striker, or trade our DP for a right back and one person. If you know someone who wants the DP that has a player Houston could use more than Albright let me know.

There is going to be a team in MLS that neither trades its DP nor uses it. That team will have made a big mistake when the DP slot review comes up after 2.5 more seasons.

12. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It doesn't matter who the + guy would be. There are four players I hate in this league. Donovan, Allbright, Ruiz, and **********ass Mapp.

13. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The best decision is to bring in an international superstar striker or 10 shirt for the DP. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, and such would all be amazing pickups.

The second best decision would be bring a less famous international striker or 10 shirt in for DP. Someone of at least Angel's quality. Del Piero, Owen(injuries), etc.

The worst decision is to hold onto the slot and not use it. We, more than likely, already turned down Blanco. Good decision IMO, but if we aren't planning to use it, trade it.

14. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you hate two people and one of them is not Franchino...

15. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think we should relax. Players will be out of contract starting June 1 in Europe. We will have some good strikers. Some are already available from being released (Hasselbaink, Angel, Hartson, etc.)

16. f a B u L o s O

Nov 6, 2006
    Heights
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Houston not using it's Designated Player is smart. I think many people have voiced, "if it's not broke why fix it" or "pay who got you to this point" kind of perspectives... But what if:

1. Houston waits for everyone else to settle before choosing their DP
    2. Dom is waiting for someone to become available to fill the keystone role
    3. AEG / Dynamo wait for the announcement of the stadium location to spill it
    4. Monkeys fly out of my ass, NOW COMMON tell me so I can STOP guessing!

17. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Flying Monkeys...finally...yessssssssssss!

18. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Retitled so people can discuss other potential Dynamo-MLS trade ideas and so people won't pick on Eliezar so much. :)

19. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What don't you like about Mapp?

20. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He's a good player. But guys like him and Beckerman give the league that wuss look that turns away the average male sports fan.

21. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX

Beckerman and Franchino I can understand. Not Mapp. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong Mapp.

22. Randy36

Randy36 New Member

May 9, 2007
    Houston
    Hasselbaink parted with Charlton and may be available for MLS. Granted he's in the twilight of his career but would be an asset for any club that would sign him.

He possesses dynamite shooting power and has a tremendous poacher's instinct in the box. I would like to see him come to Houston.

23. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be fooled many EPL clubs will be looking to sign him as a sub or a reserve striker. Like Sheringham at West Ham last year, he would come on when a team wanted to be more attacking if they were down a goal.

24. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    DeRo and Onstad to Toronto for Wynne, Buddle and their DP....

Use DP #1 - for a #10
    Use DP #2 - for a #2 striker

-------Chingolazo-----#2 DP
    ------------#10 DP-------------
    Bdavis------------------------Mullan
    ----------------Clark----------------
    Barret - ERob - Cochrane/Waibel - Wynne
    -----------------Wells----------

Just because I am crazy .....do this in the offseason.

25. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Haisselbank is a beast!

Goals would pour in!

The main worry that I have for any ex-premiership star who is getting on in years is - How will they transition from playing in a league that is always wet and cold (where you can run your lungs out) to a league that plays most of it's games through the dogs days of summer heat with temps in the upper 80's lower 90's even at night.