Dynamo Downtown Stadium -- Financing & Politics discussion (news, funding, economics, politics)

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by taylor b, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. futbolspy

futbolspy New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Ok I have a little bit of news on the stadium i'm not sure how much of this is new cuz i didn't want to read all the post.

After a few phone conferences from the powers that be I know two things
    1. We have no idea how Drayton feels
    2. The Ballpark apts don't like the idea of a stadium

someone mentioned the year 2010 for the stadium which sounds right because the city would need to build a fully functional parking structure for the stros and then begin to negotiate the current lease agreement with Drayton.

I'm trying to find out more but my usual sources are busy with upcoming elections and their significant others.

I think everyone on this board should call the apt next to the proposed stadium sight and pretend to be interested in living there but only once they build a stadium. Make them see is as a plus not a minus

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    You mean other than what Drayton said on the news a couple of months ago. He said at that time that he thought the Dynamo Stadium in this location was a good idea.

Also, Oliver Luck said the other day that the Astros were not opposed to the plan, IIRC.

Surely the parking garage doesn't have to be built before negotiations on the lease can begin. I'd think you'd make building the garage contingent on the lease agreement being changed, not the other way around.

I could threaten not to renew my lease. They surely don't want to lose me.

But I'm not going anywhere. I'm leaning more toward moving to an apartment on the north side so I can look directly into Dynamo Park.

3. Veruca

Veruca Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If/when I make the move to Houston, a place right next to Dynamo Park would be AWESOME!!! Any chance they change to condo's? (For sale, not rent?)

4. futbolspy

futbolspy New Member

Jan 24, 2007

I'm sorry i must be living in a fantasy land where someone would lie to the media not to lose favor with the public and then do the complete opposite of what he said behind closed doors.

Like i said in my original post my sources who have actually been in meetings to make sure this deal goes through...
    WE DON'T KNOW HOW DRAYTON FEELS!

this could mean a few things
    a. hes too busy with the stros to really give any time to this deal
    b. he doesn't like it and will kill it without anyone (like newtex) knowing any better
    c. hes holding out for a better offer

i'm paying a visit to a certain elected officals office tomorrow i'll try to get more info

5. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's go ahead and move the news, politics, and funding discussion to this new thread.