Dyeing/ Painting boots

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Theo P, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Theo P

Theo P New Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Please post any advice you have about painting or dyeing leather boots.

2. Manitoba-Muggle

Manitoba-Muggle New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    winnipeg MB. Canada
    as far as I know you shouldn't paint your boots. it will just make them look bad.
    also why would you want to collour your boots?

3. mid man

mid man New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    GA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think he means like blacking them out

4. Swoosh9

Swoosh9 Member

Jul 13, 2004
    US
    jus spray painted my old cellerators gold, i'm afraid that da paint will chip or something. they look awesome. should add sum paint protector or sumthing?

5. Manitoba-Muggle

Jun 28, 2005
    winnipeg MB. Canada
    yeah it will chip and wear so you would have to repaint them after every game.
    also if you did that over here in Canada everyone would think you were G@Y

6. ziggaman17

ziggaman17 New Member

May 16, 2005
    thats exactly why everyone here thinks canadians are g@y rofl

7. Fury20

Fury20 New Member

May 13, 2005
    Nashville, Tennessee
    lollllll

and as far as the paint thing goes, there was someone who said something about some type of model car paint in another thread. they said it wouldnt chip because its designed for rc cars that heat up and crash and stuff.

8. riceburner3508

riceburner3508 New Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Maryland, USA
    Everything considered, why would you want to paint your boots anyway? It would probably be difficult to do well, and I doubt that it would be worth it in the end.

9. ziggaman17

ziggaman17 New Member

May 16, 2005
    alrte like someone said earlier, these people are talking about blacking out their cleats and not totally painting their cleats.... and it is not that difficult to do and it defintiley is worth it. look on the other threads and u can find like blacked out F50s and copas...

10. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    no no don't look in other threads, u have a right to repeat threads aswell, everyone have a go! (sarcasm directed at hypocrite ziggaman) ;)

11. ziggaman17

ziggaman17 New Member

May 16, 2005
    hahaha juventus supporter , you are pretty stupid, "look on the other threads and u can find like blacked out F50s and copas...". if you speak any english, i didnt mention one thing about repeating something in this thread, i just told him to look at the other thread for the pics idiot.

12. Manitoba-Muggle

Jun 28, 2005
    winnipeg MB. Canada
    yeah I knew this guy and he spraypainted his boots Gold and yeah thats sort of what I was refering to but I guess black would be OK

13. mid man

mid man New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    GA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i blacked out my manias w/ model car paint and it doesnt chip on the leather...but it does chip on the rubber...but newayz the look really pimp

14. Swoosh9

Swoosh9 Member

Jul 13, 2004
    US
    i'm painting my cellerators bcuz 5 other ppl on my team hav da exact same boot. i'd like 2 customize it so i can b original. luckily i ain't gay or live in canada so i can put my own touches on my cellerators.

15. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    wear rubber gloves and get a rag and scrub the leather with acetone to take off the wax and clean the leather (the color of the leather will/might look worn after the treatment), let dry

then apply the first coat of leather dye, let dry, then repeat until satisfied. take your time and let it dry in a cool area

16. Blair Called ?uest

Blair Called ?uest New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Some people get Copa's and don't feel good about them, either the looks, or the fact that they are extremely popular and u don't wanna look like the next guy/girl.

I was gonna air brush my Copa boots but I think I'm gonna go with Aveiro or Nikeid Legend.

17. ziggaman17

ziggaman17 New Member

May 16, 2005
    haha yeah u wont be gay for painting ur cleats as long as u dont cross that boarder lol.. good luck with the cellerators