News: Dwight Burgess stepping down as Crew PBP

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by 110toyourleft, Jan 27, 2020.

1. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Dwight once doing a favorable translation for Jon Busch.

I don’t remember details, but some play involving him had just finished, and the opponent was in his face a little. Busch just rolled his eyes, looked sideways at the guy, and said “f*** off.” Like four times. Plain as day.

Dwight: “Busch would like him to please go away.”

TKyle and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  2. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dwight gone. Pipa gone. Steffen gone. Trapp gone. Stadium soon to be gone. Dear lord a lot is changing. I know it's for the better, but it's a bit overwhelming. Have to make up for the years of neglect and apathy I suppose.

Draghignazzo and the_rickler repped this.
  3. Sirk

Sirk Member+

Apr 25, 1999
    Cleveland, OH
    Not at the present time, no. Who knows what the future holds, but nothing to that effect is in the works at this moment.

Might have some other news for 2020 in the coming weeks though.

DAFCrew, Draghignazzo, Tobias C and 12 others repped this.
  4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

@Sirk could tell the story much better than I ever could, but there was one time he was in a press box with Dwight (I hope it was Dwight, considering this is a thread about him) and the announcers of the other team were in the neighboring box. They started papering the wall with what looked like logos of the other team. I won't give it all away, but the only thing Sirk and Dwight had was some little tiny Crew logo...

5. Sirk

Sirk Member+

Apr 25, 1999
    Cleveland, OH
    That was with Neil in Seattle. There is a glass wall between the visitor's radio booth and the home TV booth. A guy in the TV booth kept taping Sounders logos to the window. At first I thought it was funny little jab, but he just kept going and going. He probably taped like 15 of them to the window before I decided I'd had enough. I tore the Crew logo out of the game notes and taped it facing into the Sounders booth. The guy started laughing.

Not because I got him back.

Because I am a dolt.

He flipped one of the cards around and showed me they were the ad spots Arlo White needed to read on the air. They just taped them to the wall and would pull them off and hand them to him at the appropriate time. They wrote them on Sounders index cards, so he wasn't actually wallpapering our booth with the Sounders logo as a prank. He was merely taping Arlo's ad reads to the wall for easy access.

odave, Draghignazzo, Tobias C and 9 others repped this.
  6. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite him driving me nuts at times, I will miss Dwight. 24 years is a pretty good run, however.

7. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Always hope the best for you. Always.

MLSinCleveland, Kryptonite and CybrSlydr repped this.