Dwayne DeRosario Feature Story -- Updates and Audio

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by San Jose Earthquakes, Feb 25, 2004.

1. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These are great updates, etc.

Much appreciated.

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Did he look like this at least once in the tournament so far?

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp [​IMG]

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp :eek:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp GO EARTHQUAKES!!!

-G

3. Pabmeister

Pabmeister New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yea!

4. Brad May

Brad May New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    COOL! I often ride my bicycle to work that same way, I'll keep an eye out for him! I actually passed Dwayne on his bicycle on the Los Gatos Creek trail but we were going opposite ways and I was too dumbfounded to say anything until he had passed.

5. Defender

Defender Member

Joe's Plumbing 86ers
    Feb 16, 2001
    San Francisco CA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but doesn't DeRo seemed to have filled out a bit? Maybe the rehab had an additional benefit of giving a bit of a muscle edge to DeRo. If I remember correctly, he was a bit of a beanpole when he first arrived.

6. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are driving down Minnesota Ave in San Jose between 8:00 and 9:00 in the morning, you may see a familiar face pedaling his way to Spartan Stadium; San Jose Earthquakes forward Dwayne De Rosario. He started riding his bike to the stadium every morning as part of his rehabilitation from a devastating knee injury suffered in the 2003 preseason. The 2001 MLS Cup MVP liked doing it so much that he has continued the practice this preseason although he has made a full recovery from his knee injury.

“I started doing it because I wanted to stay in shape and it was a good way to get extra work in,” said De Rosario. “And then I just got used to it and I enjoyed doing it so I haven’t stopped.”

Can't say that I blame Dwayne-- I remember riding the same route myself to work on a regular basis, from Campbell en route to downtown San Jose via (mainly) the Los Gatos Creek trail and sometimes down Minnesota Avenue, although the LGC trail terminates at Meridian Avenue, or thereabouts, from what I recall.

It's not a terribly difficult trek, especially on a mountain bike, but it does test one's endurance. Great form of rehab for Dwayne, and it's good to see him continuing to take that route for the pure enjoyment of it, as well as to ensure his game shape.

7. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus, he won't get caught speeding anymore, so he'll be able to save a little money and stay out of the press.

;)

8. amir

amir Member

Feb 19, 2001
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    i wanna race him

sayeeeb

9. the_baron

the_baron New Member

Jan 27, 2004
    County Tyrone
    DeRosario

What's the latest on Dwayne? Is he still injured?

10. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    At least he was healthy enough to get a red card for elbowing a Dynamo-2 Kyiv player during the last Quakes' game in La Manga Cup.