News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Think it has to do with him being talked about on USA football sites where they follow anyone with an American link to speculate about them choosing for the USA.
    Matter is the question if the choice really is between a spot in the Orange team or the USMNT, what would he do?
    Dunno about his history as a player for the Uxx Orange team if there is one at all.
    The lure for the USA of course is to try to cap him in the next NT match, as he's promising to be far better than what they have running around at the full back spots.
    Dunno how it works with US nationality, but Phillippe Sandler has an American mother and he too is superior to what they have in there and on top of that there is Kik Pierie, who was born in Boston from Dutch parents.

2. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, probably not!

3. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    For Pierie & Sandler, I feel that they prefer and want to play for Oranje. Unfortunately, I don't have the same feeling regarding Dest, but I hope I will be proven wrong.

4. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    His mother is also Dutch! Only his father is American.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Starting way back about 20 years ago with Thomas Dooley who was born in Germany and played there, the US has brought a number of players into the NT that never set foot in the US. Jermaine Jones was a Schalke star but could not get into the German NT so he played for the US. There have been others. Earnie Stewart was the best known Dutch trained player and was capped over 100 times. All it takes is one parent being American. Many of the players had a father who was in the US military.

Dest is an interesting player and I would have said that he stood no chance to make it a year ago. Ajax was late in offering him a contract as he didn't progress all that well until now. He had another good match today going the full 90. He has great speed and looks like he is two footed as he has played both fullback positions.

6. How are things standing at the wing backs prospects for the Orange team at the moment?

7. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Orkun Kokcu has chosen Turkey over Oranje.

Attached Files:

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Who?? Is he related to Cocu??

9. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No, He is a Dutch-turkish player, plays as a 10. I saw him last season in action for Feyenoord and he scored a goal in the game I watched. He seemed as a quite good player, not sure how good he is or can be. I only saw him for less than 90 minutes after all, but he used to play for Oranje u-15, u-17 & u-19.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  10. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Wow, he captained u19 not too long ago. Didn't think he would make the decision so early. Well... I hope Ihattaren will choose Oranje. Need a future creative no. 10, to complement the all-around CM's like Gravenberch and Reis.

11. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I believe Unuvar is our best future option. Do you think Ihattaren is better?
    Also, I think Frenkie will become more of a 10 with Barcelona, with Busquetes & Arthur behind him.

12. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I reckon Noa Lang will become a good make shift 10. He is all rounded all well.

Oranje98 repped this.
  13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Yep, forgot about Unuvar. I hope he will get promoted and do well in Jong Ajax, and who knows maybe he can propel himself to some cameo appearances in Ajax senior. Too early to tell.

I believe next season will be a breakthrough moment for Ihattaren for PSV. He had brief playing times last season, and now that PSV is committed to move beyond Pereiro (out of favor) and Luuk De Jong (who played occasionally as a no. 10), I hope to see Ihattaren get his chance. Counting on Afellay to be a good influence for Ihattaren... In spite of his lack of elite success, mostly due to his injury-filled career, Afellay is still one of the most hard-working and down-to-earth (away from controversial) players in recent Oranje squad.

Not sure about Frenkie becoming a "10" -- I see him more of a deep-lying playmaker in the mold of Pirlo/Xabi Alonso/Gerrard. I guess we will find this out fairly soon.

Oranje98 and Orange14 repped this.
  14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I know that.

I was just kidding..........sheesh :rolleyes:

Oranje98 repped this.
  15. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Jordy Clasie switched from S'oton to AZ... used to be one of my favorite midfielders due to his ability to spread the ball with ease. Too bad injuries have had the best of him. Still 28, hopefully he has plenty in the tank, and can still make some noise with what is going to be a very exciting AZ team.

Oranje98 repped this.
  16. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    just wondering can he be contender for euros.

17. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think he can if he regains his old form. Koeman has always been a big fan of him.

18. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Xavi Simons anounces that he is leaving Barcelona on his social media pages. No other destination has been announced but some rumors say it will be PSG.

It's quite unexpected news honestly, especially that, at some point, he was rumored to represent Spain instead of Netherlands.

I am not sure how good he is, but I think Barca letting him go is not a good indicator.

19. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Xavi Simons' agent...…. Mini Raiola.

Wonder if $$ is behind this move :whistling::cautious:

Well, he's probably better off heading to Eredivisie and get some much-needed experience.

20. Raiola is getting bad press and rep by everybody except the players he represents. The fact is he delivers his clients the best deals to be had. Period.
    In the proces he extorts the clubs a lot of money, but hey...it's up to the clubs to say yes or no.
    Raiola doesnot care about the clubs. He only cares first and above all for his clients and close to that for himself, but always in that order.

21. https://www.elfvoetbal.nl/Binnenlan...-Dest-nog-niet-voor-teams-van-de-KNVB-uitkomt
    Waarom Sergino Dest (nog) niet voor teams van de KNVB uitkomt

Nog voordat Sergino Dest eenmaal voet aan de grond kreeg als groot talent in Nederland, zag John Hackworth zijn kans schoon. De toenmalige bondscoach van de Verenigde Staten onder 17 liet Dest, net een maand 16, debuteren in zijn ploeg.

19-07-2019 13:55 door Cas Broxterman
    Sindsdien komt Dest met regelmaat uit voor een vertegenwoordigend elftal van de Verenigde Staten. Eerst speelde hij vijf keer mee bij Onder 17. Nu maakt hij indruk in het Onder 20-team. In mei en juni speelde hij nog in vijf duels van de VS mee op het WK voor spelers onder de 20 jaar.

Dest is op 3 november 2000 geboren in Almere. Maar hij heeft ook roots in de Verenigde Staten. Hij heeft een Nederlands en Amerikaans paspoort. Bij vertegenwoordigende elftallen van de KNVB viel hij niet genoeg op. Op jonge leeftijd kwam hij daar wel voor in aanmerking, maar een uitnodiging voor Oranje onder 17 bleef uit. De keuze viel vervolgens op de VS.

Ajax-trainer Erik ten Hag toont in de voorbereiding op het nieuwe seizoen veel vertrouwen in Dest. De vleugelverdediger ontwikkelt zich stormachtig in de oefencampagne van Ajax. Zo maakte hij ook weer indruk in het vriendschappelijke duel met de Engelse Premier League-club Watford.

Mazraoui
    Dest speelde het voorbije seizoen voor Jong Ajax in de Keuken Kampioen Divisie. Zijn debuut in de hoofdmacht van Ajax laat vermoedelijk niet lang op zich wachten. De speler met wie hij in één adem wordt genoemd, Noussair Mazraoui, stoomde afgelopen jaar zó door naar de Marokkaanse nationale ploeg. Ook hij had voor Nederland kunnen kiezen.

Of bondscoach Ronald Koeman zich al zorgen moet gaan maken? Tja, dat blijft afwachten. Dat moet Dest de komende maanden eerst laten zien bij Ajax. Nu hij het zo goed doet in de voorbereiding, komt een debuut steeds dichterbij. Ten Hag laat er geen twijfel over bestaan dat die kans aanwezig is.

22. More a case of Simons wanting a certain pay check that Barcelona refused.
    It's not like Barca kicked him out.

Oranje98 repped this.
  23. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ouch. De Ligt scored an own goal in his first game as a starter for Juve. :oops:

24. [​IMG]
    Matthijs de Ligt. © AP
    Ronaldo redt De Ligt na eigen doelpunt bij basisdebuut voor Juventus

Maybe because the shirt hasnot got the right colours;)

Oranje98 and Orange14 repped this.
  25. Oranje98 repped this.