Dutch NT - Tracking players for the next campaign

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by demeer, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You mean this game today?? I'm gonna find a stream so I can watch

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Did not see the first half, but second he looked alright to me.

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Keep in mind he plays already out of position at back position. Then he is moved to the other side as well. I mean he is asked to do out of position jobs all the time and still he is a defensive force and attacking one. If Martial had better control, TFM would have had an assist probably.

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This ^^

He looked good to me in 2nd half.

Orange14, you are wrong!! Sorry

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I was flipping back and forth between the Barca and ManU matches. In the first 20 minutes TFM was quite bad. He was really lucky when he was split from his man and the shot was scuffed and de Gea had a very easy save to make. He had a couple of other really poor positional errors as well. I switched back to Barca and then the last 20 minutes of the ManU game where they almost conceded a second goal so I cannot comment on his whole performance.

DRB300 repped this.
  7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I often am! I was only commenting on his performance in the beginning of the game as per the post above. Glad to see he had a good match overall!!!

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If you wanna get a clear picture of a players performance, you need to stop flipping back and forth your TV channels between Barca and ManU

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Based on the 2nd half, I say you are wrong.

I didnt see the first half, so perhaps you are right

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too much drama!!!! I have choir practice tonight so I couldn't do what I normally would and tape one of the games to watch later! Anyway, both matches were full of great football. I didn't see any of the Benfica/Bayern match so I can't comment on that one.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Depay and Bassie Dost both getting the start today.
    Mensah starts on the bench

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Jannssen with 4 goals today, although I dont think the 4th should count because Veldwijk isnt a real keeper

14. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    In the top of the table clash in Beligan pro league Anderlecht beat Club Brugge 1-0 in the playoffs. All buttner,Nuytinck,denswil,vormer played full 90 for Anderlecht and club brugge respectively. I hope come the summer camp Blind will consider this players as if you look at both leagues there is not much into it.
    One player I think who deserves to be called up is Buttner.don't think jetro will shift to the next level and van Annholt for me is a impact player.dijks dont think is wise above Buttner if seen from a neutral perspective.

nurvin repped this.
  15. nurvin

nurvin Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Yeah, Buttner is our best left-back. He would be much more considered for oranje if he played for Ajax or PSV.

Keko repped this.
  16. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So how sold are we on Janssen? What a season he is having. He can do pretty much everything you want from a striker except maybe be a great dribbler. His movement is good, his touch is not bad, his strength and hold-up play are excellent, he has desire, he has strong finishing and his distribution is good as well. He has to be our #1 option at striker until he plays himself out of the position I would think.

Strootman has still only played 13 minutes which is concerning, but hopefully they're just being cautious in bringing him back slowly.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah feel bad for Stroot.

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nah, I think the coach is either saving him so he can be sold in summer, or his leg still isnt 100%.

Other then those 2 reasons there is no logical excuse not to play him

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He's different in a lot of ways.

He has strength, but not RvN strength.
    He's faster and stronger than Huntelaar though.
    His shot is really good. Better than Huntelaar.
    He's not as good a finisher in the box as Huntelaar is (or was).
    Janssen's off-play, passing and assists are much better than Huntelaar.

Thats the best way I can describe him

20. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Janssen and Luuk de Jong are the only half way decent alround strikers we have that are suited for 4-3-3 and I think Janssen is the better option. RVP is a far superior footballer but he was molded by Wenger to fit Arsenal's needs and is a poor match with the NT. Dost and Huntelaar are primarily finishers and are impact subs at best for the NT given their inability to hold up the ball.

21. Do you think he would have been a better fit if he hadnot left Feyenoord at his age then?

22. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yes, I think at Feyenoord he would have either remained a winger or have become playmaker in time. Wenger also did the same conversion with Henry and he also never reached his club level with les Blues either.

23. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Its disappointing to see luc castaignos caught in the battle for relegation at Eintrancht Frankfurt otherwise he is well above Luuk and Janssen in my books. I jus hope he doesn't end up like Leroy Fer whose move to Norwich and QPR ended in relegation and now is struggling in bottom feeding clubs.

Let's don't close the door on him. If gets to a better tesm ,he will be a hit.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think you are his only supporter on this forum!:rolleyes:

25. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well it hasn't been a smooth sailing for him but his stats proves other wise. Kind of hard luck I guess.the spitting incident at inter ,financial crisis at Twente and now relegation bound eintrancht frankfurt. Even luuk de jong had similar stances in bundasliga and EPL only to be bailed out by PSV. The only difference is when you are playing for Ajax,Feyenoord,PSV the door is always open for you,if not you have to knock knock. On the other hand looking at how Janssen proved critics wrong,I wonder what will happen if a castaignos gets a run in NT