Dutch League dreaming to surpass EPL

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Korea_Fighting, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    PSV Eindhoven's top coach, Guus Hiddink, revealed his view for the future that Netherland should not aim to nuture its domestic league as a conjunction to bigger leagues such as EPL or Spanish La Liga but to grow to be one of the major leagues in Europe.

Recent uptake of many Korean players are one of the strategies Hiddink is putting into action to realise his ambition. Currently two Korean players are in PSV Eindhoven; they are Park Ji-Sung and Lee Young-Pyo. Lee Chun-Soo is expected to join PSV after June 2003. Feyenoord looked upon Asian market for inspiration from early on with signing of Shinji Ono of Japan. Currently Feyenoord has two Korean players; they are Song Chong-Gug and Kim Nam-Il, who confirmed the loan deal just few days ago.

Hiddink is confident that Korean players such as Park Ji-Sung and Lee Young-Pyo are of 'top class' and Dutch clubs need to retain such players in order to become one of the best clubs in Europe. There are many more Korean players who were part of 2002 World Cup squad or U19 squad who won U20 Asian Championship last year who are eager to join the 'Dutch Rush'.

The year 2002 was very productive year for Korean football; the senior side's famous semifinal run to 2002 World Cup was followed by respective victories in Asian U-20 Champioship, Asian U-17 Championship and Far East U-14 Championship. The K-League side, Suwon retained its Asian Club Championship and Asian Club Winners Cup.

Kim Dong-Hyun (19) who is part of the Korean U20 squad is aiming to join Ajax Amsterdam's senior squad. Kim is exceptional in the air and has good technique and balance. He scored four goals in Asian U-20 Championship last year. Jung Jo-Guk (18), another promising youngster, who scored the winner against Japan in the final of Asian U-20 Championship was approached with enthusiasm by PSV Eindhoven but he has already joined the K-League club, Anyang. The Dutch Dream is just starting to heat up. The World will wait with interest how this unlikely match made in heaven turns out.

2. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Al Hilal of Saudi Arabia won the Asian Cup Winners' Cup. Suwon won the ACC and the Super Cup which is a home & away championship between the champions of ACC and ACWC.

3. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Re: Re: Dutch League dreaming to surpass EPL

Thanks KF1. Oopps

4. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Re: Re: Re: Dutch League dreaming to surpass EPL

no prob KF2

5. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Hey, dude. I WROTE THE WHOLE ARTICLE MYSELF. THIS IS MY ARTICLE. Thank you.

6. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    It's OK. You were just doin' your job. I understand.:p

7. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    at first I thought it was a newspaper article just by looking at the title, but as I read it I realized it wasn't. Almost got me the first time though. :)

8. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    the dutch league cant pass the epl unless it merges with another league.

9. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    I generally agree.