Dutch coaches : What 's wrong

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Rinus127, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    The biggest current problem of our football is in my opinion the level of coaches . We had a golden age of great coaches : Michels , Coerver Cruyff, Van Gaal , Advocaat , Hiddink Beenhakker , De Mos , Adriaanse , among others. But all these people of the past. No new figure seems to fill the void they left behind.
    How are we get here? Why do we not see the emergence of new good coaches ?
    Should we review how our coaches are trained ? Where can come renewal ?
    My only hope is Albert Stuivenberg . I think he is a potential winner.

2. demeer

demeer New Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Complacency. If works now so why won't it work later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think you overrate some of the past managers. I don't rate Advocaat or Beenhakker very highly at all. Adrianse was a head case as a manager and ultimately failed with every team.

4. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    The greats didnt just innovate but were prepared to learn from each other and copy best practices. The 196os were a period when the Eredivisie was open to new ideas and experiments, not just Dutch ones but also by innovators like Happel. Much what followed after can trace its roots back to this period.

5. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Our methods seem antiquated to me . The obessession wanting 4-3-3 regardless of human material is also ridiculous. Eredivisie is the only league where all teams play the same way with a few exceptions . What is very funny and suicidal for small teams . This tactic stiffness is one of our biggest problems in European competitions , as everyone knows in advance what we will do.
    I also note that our coaches always have a loser attitude. They do not transmit any grinta , no desire to outdo their players .