Dutch Clubs In Europe: General Discussion

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Oct 23, 2014.

1. holiday

holiday Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    #76 holiday, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    roma players pelted with garbage from stands after scoring goal. referee already had stopped the game once previously for unruly behavior in the stands. this is the problem with 'it was 5km from the stadium.' it doesn't stay outside the stadium for very long.
    thread title is 'dutch clubs in europe.' i'm sorry if you're a feyenoord fan and feel offended. my intent is not to offend you, but this stuff is serious. and to be honest it seems to me you should be able to handle my comments.
    and yes, if traveling fans from wherever went to feyenoord to trash the town, i'd be all over it.

2. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    A pity that the ref didn't see De Rossi his trademark elbow.

The hatred against Feyenoord in the Italy section is really remarkable and laughable. :laugh:

3. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    That is what you get with shitty autoritarian policing in Italy. Also, Italy has their own issues with crowds. 15 years ago all sorts of countries came here at euro 2000 for some nice rioting. Back then no pleas for official apologies and financial compensation by the government.
    If it's blown over the top, one sees an over the top reaction back.

4. holiday

holiday Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    agree on the elbow. but as for your 'remarkable' comment, i think you're way wide. what do you expect, congrats?

5. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    No, I don't expect that. I 'expect' the sort of fans that provoke these things. Pot meets kettle. Nuff said.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    so te Verde gets Red for a striker's tackle and the game is now stopped. Wonder if the match will finish.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Referee has pulled both Roma and Feyenoord players off the pitch for crowd trouble

8. holiday

holiday Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    i think you're wrong on a couple of counts. the problem in rome, if anything, was that italian police took way too long to charge and disperse the trouble makers, who had the place to themselves. as for other countries having crowd issues, you're right. but you can't use that as an excuse to absolve what happened here. feyenoord right now are the most troublesome club in europe, from a security standpoint. it has to stop here. period. for everyone's sake.

9. holiday

holiday Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    the red was not outrageous, although you're right to describe it as a striker's tackle (in the rain) which might have mitigated the decision.

10. holiday

holiday Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    and i'll be so bold as to repeat it should not have been played. someone had to have his/her head in the sand to think you can play in these types of situation.
    right now let's hope it doesn't turn into a nightmare in rotterdam. very depressing.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Match resuming.

Looks like the rain has stopped a bit as well

12. holiday

holiday Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    pot meets kettle how? you're trying to equate the hooligans who went to rome and treated one of the most beautiful and cultured cities in the world like it was an outhouse, with folks posting their annoyance on big soccer? i think you need to recalibrate that comparison.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Manu with a cool finish. Game ON!

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ...and a couple of minutes later terrible defending by Kongolo and Roma is now up. This may be a hill to tall to climb as Roma have 2 away goals now. Doubt Feyenoord can score two to win this one.

15. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    On the bright side, I don't think we have to worry about the fair play rankings anymore. Ajax progressed, and hopefully will score a few more points in the next few games.

PSV did poorly, but I doubt they really gave it their all in this away game.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax are the last man standing. Not a good year for the league in Euro competition.

17. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I don't think that Kongolo was guilty on the goal, if you look at the beginning of the action, it's Nelom who is running randomly in the center while he should have been on Torosidis. Kongolo was too short to intercept the ball after.

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I am talking about the the stabbing culture. Truly endangering human life. You go on and on about damage to a fountain and inner city, but I value human life more. That is why I am wondering if you display the same amount of outrage when such an incident happens in the future. I will maybe actively look for you when that day comes, just to see if you display the same anger.

Anyway, I started this thread here and I only intended to talk about football and the players. I never talk about ultra's or hooligans. People I feel 0 affiliation with. Go start another thread if you feel like it, but stop spamming stuff about what the savages do to each other in a thread that I started.

From this point I will be moving on. Knowing the moderator a bit, I advice you to do the same.

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We can't afford too many bad years anymore I can imagine.

20. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Disgusting from Feyenoord fans. Absolute animals and racists.

Gianluca511 repped this.
  21. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Next year will be pretty critical. The Belgians and Swiss will have moved past us, so the Eredivisie will drop to place 11. The Turk, Greek, Czech and Romanian leagues can threaten our top 13 placing (and direct CL access) in two years.

Ideally Ajax will win a few more games and Besiktas loses twice, which will extend our lead on the latter 4 leagues.

22. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Very funny coming from italians.

Those feyenoord ultras are not truly racist, otherwise they wouldn't pay a ticket to the stadium to jump when Elvis Manu scores a goal. Feyenoord has always had a lot of black players, few years ago you could have 8 blacks on 11 players sometimes. I'm really not sure that the banana was planned for Gervinho, Keita or Yanga, it was just a random object they had . There are enough black players in the dutch league to throw bananas on, so why would they wait for AS Roma to do that ?

How can italians dare to talk about racism with dutch people ? Holland has been multicultural for decades, black players started to play in the 80's with the dutch NT while you italians waited 2010 to have the first one.

There are much more racism acts towards blacks in the italian league than in the dutch one, stop crying like little girls.

Look at your dear fans :

23. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Can we leave the hooligan antics out of this thread? I don't particularly care what Feyenoord 'fans' and their opponent counterparts have been up to now or in the past. Prosecute the transgressors and be done with it.

TFC Ajax repped this.
  24. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes please. If you all want to talk about that match that's fine.

25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    An Ajax draw against Brugge or Dnipro would be nice tomorrow