Dust League 2016-17 In-Season Mockery, Calumny and Slander Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by djangone, Aug 1, 2016.

1. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Ok, this is how old I am. Lee Dorsey sings in 1961:

"Oh well I'm uh
    Sitting here la la
    Waiting for my Ya Ya ahm ahm"

I'm waiting for my Yaya Toure! Or maybe not.

2. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Off to bank and Costco, in that order. Back around noon pacific.

3. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Back for awhile.

4. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Now to the Vet. Probably 5p before I get back.

5. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Some housekeeping.

Make sure you are signed up for a team on fantasy.premierleague (FPL) and have joined the Dust League 2016-201 (forgot the seven). Mr. O'Hare, that was you at last check. Also join the All Rock League with the same team. Mr. O'Hare and Mr. Thiessen on this one. There may be others missing. There may be other leagues as well. I am inquiring now.

With my last pick in the 15th round the clock starts on what is a quiet period. Hopefully a quiet period. You make sure your teams are entered correctly in FPL No one can check your work as we won't see your team until the first match has started so be careful. There have been problems. The drafted team is 100.5, etc. Let us know and we will work something out. It's not pretty for the one with a problem.

This quiet period is supposed to last 24 hours, after which time you can make transfers for player not drafted. Here is where Sane, or Pogba, or whoever come into play. IT CAN BE A MAD DASH. Whoever posts the transfer first gets the player. I believe we will be posting to BigSoccer. An example would be if I made the last post at 9:45am pacific on Friday, then on 9:45am pacific on Saturday the first transfer could be posted. Not 9:44. If two have the same time it is the one that shows up first. More on this later.

For the next couple days I would entertain suggestions that we assign a time, rather than us this 24 hour rule. The rule has been abused. I can chose to wait for the last pick until, say, late at night when the east coast and GMT guys are in bed, thereby giving me the best chance. I know right now I will not be available this coming Saturday. So maybe I don't make the last pick until Sunday, even if that is days after everyone else has been finished. An assigned time has been done and we should be able to arrive at something generally convenient.

Think about it and as we approach the finish we can discuss.

6. ThiKuBC

ThiKuBC Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    I have registered in both leagues that I received codes in my email for.

7. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Excuse me Mr. Thiessen, you certainly are signed in. Now looking for Mr. McGuire in the All Rocks League.

8. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    And thank you Mr. O'Hare. Now "street legal."

kopiteinkc repped this.
  9. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    So what do we know:

Yellowcake Phantoms, Rafalution, and Pork Soda each have 3 Forwards.

Yellowcake Phantoms has 2 Goalkeepers.

Not sure what you are supposed to do with that at this point. I guess if you are Bettermirror you can have comfort that the guy in front of you will not take your last Forward. Someone else might, but not the guys nearest you.

10. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Mr. Wilson and Mr. McGuire, Brother Richard says he will pick in 20-30 minutes. We could make the turn in a short while and get back to you. After that I think the rest are in la la land here in the US of A

11. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    And Hernandez WAS MY GUY!

12. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I vowed I wouldn't touch Antonio...but what's left?? And will that on-loan Turkish guy really threaten Antonio on the right wing? Antonio says he doesn't want to play fullback. Hey, might as well take a flyer on a guy with a nice early season schedule.

13. Kevin McGuire

Kevin McGuire Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Apologies! It was either him or Long (worried about Austin) or Borini (short term option until Defoe is fit)
    I couldn't see anyone else.
    My strikers are already weak as it is. Had to make sure I had guaranteed starters!

14. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    That was my analysis. Win some, Lose a bunch

15. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Going dark here. Back early tomorrow. Probably 6:30a.

16. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Early, early start to the day. Play to be around the house all day.

17. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    And thanks to Mr. McGuire we are all signed up to the Leagues of which I am aware. Having trouble getting information on others. Keep a watch out on other threads, like the 2016-2017 Organizing Thread, to see if someone is screaming about the need for teams to sign up. Also note that Small Rocks appears to be setting a time for transfers to start. Proposal is Friday morning.

18. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Bro explains that it will probably be about 45 minutes before he can make his 12th round pick.

19. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I propose we start Open Transfers at 10am Pacific on Sunday, August 7th. Assuming we finish at least by Saturday.
    If that creates a problem, then propose something else. If you say nothing, then you agree.

20. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Need to figure out where your league is going to post them - official site doesn't have the forum feature active yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Using BigSoccer then.

22. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Discussion still open on starting Sunday.

Let's talk about the transfer posting process. The post itself can be simple:

Out: Giroud, F, ARS, 9.0
    In: Henry, F, ARS, 14.0

(I suspect the these will get shortened to Out: Giroud, In: Henry)

The hard part is that the post has to stand on its own. If any part of it violates FPL rules, then the whole transfer is void. In this case maybe Henry puts you over the salary cap. The transfer can't give you to many in one position or to many from one club and you must end up with 15 players. The problem once again is that BigSoccer does not track this for you. You can put down anything here, on Bigsoccer, but in the end you have to able to make the change in FPL. But if its wrong then you have to post again.

You can do as many on one post as you like, but the transfer fee process still applies when you get back to FPL.

Nothing is easy in The Rocks.

Oh, suggestion is that we use a new thread for this.

23. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    New thread for each league seems to be the right way to go and if needed I can close the draft and discussion threads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

24. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    One more thing. The steps are 1. Post here, Bigsoccer, 2. Do a refresh or something to be sure you were first, and 3. Finalize transfer in FPL.

You don't want to do the FPL first. If you don't get the transfer then you will have to correct it in FPL and possibly be subject to the fee.

kopiteinkc repped this.
  25. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Out for the night. Probably 6:30a, and then looking for the Brother.