Dust Chit Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DoctorJones24, Jul 31, 2013.

1. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It seems both YellowCake & Ben Giveth Benteke BOTH have Suarez.... errr please explain? o_O

2. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    Appears to be my mistake. I checked the transfer threads and didn't see him taken, nor was he claimed on the "Ongoing Roster" tab... But he is on the "Draft Sheet" for Yellowcake, which I didn't check.

A lot of leg work to find player availability, but I missed that one.

Let me know what must be done to remedy this.

3. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I agree, there is too much to look up. If I were you guys I would dump the "Player List" altogether and just keep the Draft Sheet AKA Ongoing Rosters page and that is it. It is all there on 1 page and easy to scour to see who has what. Check Ongoing Roster Sheet for player availability > Make change on FPL Forum > Make change on FPL Team Page > Make Player Change on Ongoing Roster Sheet.... that is it.

4. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    There is also the matter of the 26 points that Ben Giveth Benteke scored this week with Suarez in his team. How can this be deducted?

5. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ummmm, yes Grasshopper, a nice pick up from you. It is always a bit of a quandry as to how many points to deduct but I think the rule stands that he loses all the points the "illegal player" earned. Flip to that is that he would have had another Captain who would have earned points etc, and his actual "benefit" for having Suarez is less than 26 pts but if we keep it at a simple rule that you lose what you get then that makes it more transparent.

As to how it is administered, because the FPL site does not know Jimellow as a naughty boy it will not deduct the points. A solution could be he 1) transfers Suarez out and brings back whoever he booted for him , 2) transfers a further 3 players out of his team for 3 new ones (costing 12 transfer hit points) then 3) transfers out those 3 new players for the 3 he got rid of (costing a further 12 pts). This was he ends up with the same team, but has 24 pts less.

Yes he was supposed to lose 26 pts... but we can assume he would have had RVP as captain (like me in my open team :mad:) so he would have scored 1pt x2 ;)

Sonabert and Denis Horan repped this.
  6. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think it is very early in Jimellows All Rocks career to deduct huge amounts of points from him, surely a less crippling punishment should be in order. Oh and this g-doc problem needs to be fixed...

7. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    I'm unclear as to what the problem is. We have the ongoing rosters thread that we all need to keep updated. That's it.

I have been checking for those of you who aren't doing it, and I've kept it up to date so far. Is there some other player list that some of you are using? Clearly and unfortunately, Jimellows was looking in some erroneous spot, as I definitely posted my Suarez transfer* on the transfer thread a few weeks back and updated Google docs at that time.

The only two spots to check are:
    1) FPL official site - transfer threads
    2) Google docs rosters sheet (formerly the draft sheet renamed)

*Of course this has now entirely come back to kill me, as I ended up with 7 players going down injured the week after I spent my Wild Card to pick up Suarez. Worst. Decision. Ever. My team is now RVP and Suarez vs the world, and the world is winning.

8. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Yeah, this is certainly the way to go.

9. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Also, I just noticed that Lescott was still on Jimellow's google docs roster, so I fixed it to Davies, HUL. I also put Suarez/Benteke in red so everyone knows not to pick up Benteke before Jimellow has a chance to undo that move.

As for deductions, in the past, leagues just started keeping their own "real standings" with the correct totals rather than the official ones with the incorrect totals. Dr. Heckle's suggestion is probably better though, as it would make it easier and neater.

I hear ya, Denis, on that seeming like a big penalty, but we've all been there, and there's no other fair way to "guess" how many points he'd have gotten in place of Suarez. The 26 pts have to come off.

Jimellow, sorry, but it sounds like us veterans weren't clear to you on which part of the google docs was to be kept updated. So you must have been looking at the wrong tab or something. Apologies. I've made similar mistakes twice in the past.

10. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I see what you are saying Doc but maybe not 26 points, whoever his vice captain was should get points, if that was someone with 2x2 points then that's 4 gone and if the guy transferred out for Suarez got 2 points then that 6 deducted, 26-6: 20pts. Plus surely a newbie should be given a chance or maybe have some lenient pity points deducted from the penalty because Jimellow has been very good and active so far and this is probably a once-off. We are trying to recruit players not scare them away :confused:

11. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    I'll take the full deduction.. It was my mistake.

I didn't think to check the team list, where Suarez was listed as being on a team.. Can't really spin it that he wasn't already on a team, so I'll take the full penalty and go from there.

End of the day, it's fitting that I should get punished for dropping the player on which my team name is based.

Just let me know what to do... The multiple transfers is fine until a penalty is incurred that negates the points scored by Suarez.. The amount penalized shouldn't be less just because Suarez scored a lot of points and he was my captain.. They are dead points since he was an illegal roster addition, and shouldn't be counted, regardless of how many were scored.

DrHeckle repped this.
  12. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sounds fair enough to me.... Jimellow is correct, if Suarez had of scored 1 pt (coughcoughRVPcoughcough) then he would be penalised 2 pts.... the amount of points Suarez scored is really irrelvant.

So is there a consensus

1) Penalty is 24 pts (26 is impossible in lots of 4)..
    2) Do you want me to wipe out the Player List (the one that has every single player listed) on Google Doc so that all you have left is the Squad Lists of each Manager... say so and it shall be done.

As the other Doc said, you could keep a manual table somewhere but that sounds a bit all too hard :thumbsdown: . If Jimellow makes enough trades in/out to be deducted the 24 pts that will be fine (as long as he does not change his squad :sneaky:... it ain't a free wildcard)

So steps would be:
    1. Transfer OUT Suarez and bring back in whoever you ditched to get him (free transfer)
    2. Transfer OUT 3 players and bring in 3 randoms.... make sure you pick 3 players who are the same value NOW to trade out as are to buy back in.. you do not want to cop a $$ penalty as well. This will cost you 12 pts
    3. Transfer the 3 x Random players back out, and bring in the same old 3 players you just transferred out. This will cost you another 12 pts and the Table of FPL site will be adjusted.

13. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    Alright, transfers made. Should be back to where I started.

Denis Horan repped this.
  14. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    Injuries are hurting, literally..

Benteke, Cazorla, Sinclair... Definitely out.
    Davies and De Guzman... Doubtful.

I have one transfer and would prefer to cut less than more. Don't even want to use a Wild Card because I like my team when healthy, but I may be able to hold out until after the International break and get healthy enough to field a team.

League is pretty tight. Would have been closer to first place without the Suarez fiasco, but still not bad considering.

DrHeckle repped this.
  15. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    I've PM'd Keyzersoze about the Shelvey thing. He needs to drop Shelvey and also dock his team 4 pts for the score that Shelvey contributed this past week.

So, tjh, I'd just do a double transfer this week (assuming you have 1 free still). First, transfer Shelvey out for any cheap player, and confirm that as your free transfer. Then transfer that new cheap guy out for the midfielder you really want to replace Shelvey with. That will cost 4 pts, and you'll be back in compliance.

16. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I will text him and let him know, but someone has highlighted Shelvy in yellow on The Google Docs (in Keyser's Team), but Shelvy is not appearing on the Google Doc on anyone elses team? :confused:

17. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ...and I just did a quick audit of the League vs Google Docs and I still do not see Shelvey on anyone's team?o_O

The only discrepancies between the FPL page and Google docs are:

Yellow Cake:
    • FPL has Senderos; Google Docs has Ward
    • FPL has Ruiz ; Google Docs has Hooper
    Awesenal
    • FPL has Ridgewell ; Google Docs has Caulker
    These 3 may be explained by Transfers made this week that I cannot see as I do not have access to your Transfer Forum.

If there is some Shelveygate I do know know about I apologise for sticking my beak in... but regardless I have text Keyser anyway and we shall see what he has to say

18. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Yeah, the Yellowcake discrepancies are current gameweek transfers. I belive the Awesenal one is as well.

As for Shelvey, you're not seeing Shelvey as listed on Wewunwunce's team? He's on both the FPL site and the Google Docs page, and has been.

19. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ahaha, I see now..... wewunwunce is 8th on the Google Docs and he is actually "off the Page" on my computer, and I presume Keyser Soze also. You guys have added the Team Name in the Players section and that has made the Document wider than my initial format (which was designed to fit on 1 page for "at a glance" purposes)

Hey, but it is your document and do with as you please.... I will notify Keyser once again that he is in error and how it came about to be so.

Seems I am as good at reading Google Docs as I am at managing my FPL team this year :rolleyes:

20. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hi all

Seems like I only come on here after I have caused a drama:oops:.

Firstly let me apologise to Iain for stealing his player (I'm sure there will be some type of poem about me in the near future) and secondly to the rest of the comp for causing any inconvenience.

You'd think by the amount of trades I make I shouldn't produce this type of mistake:confused:. Dr Heckle has suggested that I may have missed the selection because of the second page issue; thanks Darren but I regularly check the 8th team before I complete my trades, so I have no excuse. It's more my bad habit of making my trades in the last hour before deadline and me rushing my selections, as well as the added stress of me applying for a safety inspectors role in a government organisation in the middle of one of the busiest times of the EPL seasono_O.

Having said that I have jiggled the Google docs sheet so that we all fit on the one page, so if someone could honestly make a mistake because of that, now they wont.

I will now make my trades to implement my penalty.

Cheers
    Tony

By the way, this is a really good comp this year. I'm really enjoying it! Keep up the good work guys........ Til next time I stuff up. Bye!:ninja:

DrHeckle and frasermc repped this.
  21. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Crap, injury bug is hitting hard at the worst time. Van Persie, Gerrard both out to start the day, and now Koscielny goes down. I think Yellowcake's flirtation with the top few spots is about to come to a screeching halt.

DrHeckle repped this.
  22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Want to apologize for being inactive. It isn't an excuse, because I could still have made time to make trades, but I've worked 6 days a week and an average of 70hrs a week. I just don't have the mental stamina to even want to set my line up and look for trades even when I remember before the matchday starts. Sorry guys.

DrHeckle repped this.
  23. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    What a week from Awesonal. 82 pts with a 10 pt sub still to come on.

Not a great time for half the Yellowcake squad to take the gameweek off...literally.

24. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    I only have three players with a fixture in week 29... Is this real life?

25. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    But seriously... Three active players out of eleven... Either way it's bad news.. I can wild card and replace most, and not get the dropped players back due to their skill/value, or do nothing and tank the week.

Ten teams of twenty not playing is a big swing, and I'd think the fantasy setup might have accounted for this. Then again, for non-drafted leagues, a wild card and switch is no big deal, since the same players can exist on every team. Leagues like ours probably account for less than 3% of all those playing this game.

It's a shame there isn't a site or system that can be more accommodating to a draft style league without having to force our system and settings into the official game. It would be a lot less leg work in general and would probably result in people being active more due to the drop/add process being a hell of a lot easier and requiring far less research.