Dust Chit Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DoctorJones24, Jul 31, 2013.

1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I thought there were some very questionable selections in the first 3 rounds or so. Since then it has got better. The last 2 rounds in particular have been very good. Hard to poke any holes in the selections made.

I've had to rejig my strategy 3 times based on player key to my plans being snapped up.

2. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I know what you mean, man. At the start I had no idea/plan at all (I came in late and was very under-prepared) but everything was running smoothly. Now halfway though I have had some time to nut this all out and now things aren't running so smoothly. haha

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I feel hard done by. I've been in maybe 4 or 5 drafts I think now in this small rocks conglomerate and I've never had a high pick. I always struggle with strikers so I told myself that this time around, I was gonna make striker a priority. Of course going 6th with question marks over Suarez, Rooney and Torres either to be in the league or have minutes affected didn't help.

I think once I was realistic about it, I formed a good plan. It nearly worked too... I was dead set on van Wolfswinkle to be my 3rd forward (would have been my strongest front 3 by a mile) and he got snapped up.

Serious soul searching going one now :D

Oh... Phil Jones??? Not a good look buddy. He'll be lucky to get 20 starts this season.

Denis Horan repped this.
  4. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ok guys I stayed up for my round 10 pick but am going to bed now. Wont be back for about 6-7 hours.

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    anyone available to take a proxy for me? My pick may be up soon, but no telling exactly when. I'm available for some time, maybe hours, but I've no way of knowing when I'll be whisked away and incommunicado for several hours.

If someone is available, I'll shoot you a PM with the pick I'd like.

6. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    Huck/Snoopy has 11 picks on the spreadsheet, but I don't see his pick posted at the forum.

What's the easiest way to determine which of his picks on the spreadsheet is the most recent?

And when found, am I then on the clock?

7. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Someone shoot Huck a pm and see if he replies. Not sure but he seems to only pick and on docs and not on BigSoccer

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So... It isn't my turn right? Cuz I got a pm saying I was up but didn't seem that way on the spreadsheet or draft thread.

9. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

SSC Snoopy picked 3 hrs ago on Google Doc , but nothing on BS.

I have posted on Thread and Jimellow is up... not sure how he likes to be told so sent him a PM...

10. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Might have been from me on behalf of Awsenal , when was it sent to you ?

johno repped this.
  11. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Big thanks to Sonabert and DrHeckle for posting on BS for me today. Could see that it was ticking along today and I didn't want to hold it up. Cheers guys.

Sonabert repped this.
  12. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    No probs, glad to help

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

around 7 i think

14. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    was me if it said your up ..

15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    you're the bastard!!! *shakes fist*

Denis Horan repped this.
  16. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    soz but when i checked draft you post in between Awesenal's ...so thought it was your go ?

17. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Good work dusties. Pick if you are able to, check what positions others must fil first :thumbsup:

18. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    Will players on teams that play twice in game week 1 (Aston Villa, Chelsea) get twice the opportunity to score points?

19. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yes they will :sneaky:

DrHeckle repped this.
  20. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    So when does the free agent window open? Clearly, I've been joking this whole time, and now I need to transfer in my "real" team...

ETA: I see that it's supposed to be 24 hours after he official draft end time (you'd think I'd know that, since I started all this nonsense years ago). But I'm not seeing the last few picks on BS, so it's not clear when the official end time was.

21. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Official Draft end is 7.00am GMT on the Google Doc, but could not be posted on Big Soccer as system was down.

For those who do not know how the Post Draft Process works, here is how it goes down:
    • There will be a Thread set up ON FPL SITE in your Dust League Forum. Keyser Soze has volunteered to do this and it will be named "Post Draft GW Transfers" or something like that. Please no one else create a Thread as that causes confusion.
    • This thread (Not Big Soccer or Google Docs) is the Authority on who gets what player. The first Manager to post a Trade on here gets that player.
    • Trade window opens at 7.00am GMT... you all can work out what time that is where you are.
    • The Trade announcement on the forum MUST be time stamped 7.00am (or later).... if it is 6.59am then trade is invalid.
    • You can announce multiple trades at once, as long as they are all "legal" ... ie you have enough $$, they are correct positions, no one else has those players and you are not violating the 3 Player Max rule per EPL team.
    • Once you have submitted the trade on Forum, check back in to see if you were indeed first (you may be surprised:eek:). If you are , you can make you trades, then if you choose announce to the world on Big Soccer and update "Dust Ongoing Rosters" Google Doc.... this google doc is the same one you used for draft, I have changed the name. If everyone can simply make an effort to keep the front page on the doc "Ongoing Rosters" up to date that is the best. If you can't/ won't etc update the doc, then say so on Big Soccer and someone else can do it.
    • Note, it is entirely up to you if you wish to continue to use the "Player List" (2nd page on google docs) moving forward, but I warn you it is VERY hard to try and keep this up to date.

tjh71 repped this.
  22. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Is there anyone in Dust who is against using Google Docs? In other words, is anyone planning already on ignoring it? I ask because it really is the best tool to make this game run smoothly, but it also loses usefulness exponentially for each manager who stops updating his team. If we could all 8 commit to using both the FPL official thread (for the time stamp) and then ALSO editing our own team on Google Docs all season, it will save everyone a lot LOT of time and needless legwork.

johno, tjh71 and DrHeckle repped this.
  23. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I agree with the good Doctor on this and thus commit to using Google Docs throughout the season.

I have also set up the thread on the FPL site in the Forum area and it is entitled Post Draft GW1 Transfers.

For those of you who haven't used the site before or don't know where this is; just click on Dust League under Classic leagues on the right hand side of your team, that will take you to the competition Table. Once there just click on the Forum tab. Atm there is just the one thread there so it will be easy to find. Make sure you open up the thread to post your Transfer not create a new thread .

Moving forward, to keep things uniformed and tidy, I will be setting up weekly transfer threads in the forum section of the FPL site titled GW2, GW3, GW4........ etc.

Oh and by the way, just to add to the confusion of my identity, my manager name on the FPL site is Liam Hall (my son's name).....hahaha

Good Luck everyone.

Tony

24. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    I'm fine using Google Docs and anything else that makes things easier.

25. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anyone up for a trade? Giroud and Johnson are up for grabs.