Dudek out of Liverpool?

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Sopot26, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Sopot26

Sopot26 New Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Sopot - Chicago
    Rafael Benitez's latest signing, Jose Manuel Reina, is expected to take over as number 1 of Liverpool FC. Jerzy Dudek will most likely be allowed to commence talks with interested clubs. Liverpool have said they wont stand in the way of any possible transfer, so that the Polish goalkeeper can secure first team football, most likely abroad.

2. marek

marek Member

Lechia Gdańsk
    Poland
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Dudek's salary and transfer fee (he's got two more years left on the contract) would mean only a top European team could afford him

i think he'll stay at Liverpool, the young Spanish goalkeeper that was just signed will find English football a bit different then the type they play in Spain

Liverpool has had a lousy history with goalkeeprs lately (Dudek's error included), and i think that Reina will find himself over his head

i see another up and down season for Dudek, fighting for his place

this might become a little troubling as this is the season before the WC, so he needs to be playing

3. Gobas

Gobas New Member

May 19, 2006
    Szczecinek
  4. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Turned out to be an Aprl's Fool joke, and a good one at that. In a way that's too bad, I wouldn't mind seeing him end his playing career in the MLS.