Dual nationals who could suit up for the US.

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by juvechelsea, Oct 26, 2018.

1. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Alex Mighten stuff is now all over social media... I'm sure all going back to that Daily Mail article.
    But then again just because the Daily Mail is a scummy tabloid doesn't mean they don't break real soccer news.

Also working for the Daily Mail is a steady job even if you want to be a paperback writer....

2. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    The Guatemalan league also has the highest salaries in Central America that's why you see many Honduras and Costa Ricans play in Guatemala.

Heck we even have seven Mexican coaches in Guatemala plus Toluca legend José Saturnino Cardozo with C.S.D. Municipal.

3. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting post -- luck is also a factor in all of this, especially when we're talking such fine margins in relative soccer success terms

gomichigan24 and edcalvi repped this.
  4. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1457771417731174409 is not a valid tweet id

5. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amir Richardson with France's u-20's, last international window he was with Morocco's u-23 he's got options, hopefully we have reached out to him

6. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Wow. Micheal Ray Richardson. That dude was a serious baller. Had a nice career in the NBA before drug issues and then went to play Europe. He went to the University of Montana. Probably the best athlete ever to attend that university.

Here are a couple of interesting facts from Wikipedia:

"The New York Knicks drafted Richardson with the fourth overall pick in the 1978 NBA draft, and he was billed as "the next Walt Frazier." Two picks later, the Boston Celtics drafted future Hall of Famer Larry Bird. In his second year, Richardson became the third player in NBA history (Slick Watts – 1976,[11] Don Buse – 1977)[12] to lead the league in both assists (10.1) and steals (3.2), setting the Knicks' franchise records in both categories. He also recorded 18 triple-doubles, the second-most in franchise history."

8. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He got like 20' just now in a big loss vs Brazil. Definitely something there...I doubt we're first choice though

Marius Tresor repped this.
  9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    We are. Turns out he's not yet eligible for Germany.

BostonRed repped this.
  10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Namdynamo, Winoman and IndividualEleven repped this.
  11. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    #2061 IndividualEleven, Nov 11, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    US are pretty stacked at young cms. Argentina have 3 players under 25 who have gotten starts at cm/dm in the Top-5*. The US have 5. Musah will shortly make it 6..

If Sonora were a dmid he'd have more of a chance. I'd like to see him brought in to compete there, if he is not competitive at the 8.

* source = Whoscored

12. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Indeed. We're stacked in terms of numbers, and that's with de la Torre, Mihailovic, and others not getting into the squad. Reyna isn't with the group. Ledezma is back training again, and hopefully Pomykal is back on a positive trajectory. Caden Clark is on his way to Europe. The young Philly CMs are charging hard. The list goes on.

....................but there should be a friendly for which we can take a look at Sonora. Give him a chance to prove he's better.

13. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    I don't know. I don't feel great about our depth at the #8 position. Musah and McKennie are good, and it seems like Busio is really raising his game, though he has yet to have a signature performance with the USMNT (other than maybe Martinique, but does that count?). But after that, I feel like we some minimally adequate MLS vets like Lletget and Roldan and then a bunch of younger guys who are question marks...De la Torre, Pomykal, Clark, etc. I'm not opposed to looking at Mihailovic and Ledezma, but I think they fit better as wingers in our system.

So, I'd favor adding Soñora to that group of younger question marks and hope that by increasing the numbers, we get a couple more to break through at higher levels.

14. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leandro Soria

15. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Always check brothers’ YouTubes for info

1458983242028228610 is not a valid tweet id

superdave, Namdynamo and BostonRed repped this.
  16. Ironbound

Ironbound Member+

Jul 1, 2009
  17. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It definitely doesn't help for sure and we'd be much better off if he ends up going to Feyenoord who have been rumored to have interest.

This is an older article but has alot more about his role/involvement while at FMF https://www.theringer.com/soccer/20...ual-national-jonathan-gonzalez-efrain-alvarez

USSoccerNova repped this.
  18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  19. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman, BostonRed and STR1 repped this.
  20. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    So Ferreira is now permanently tied to the USA, correct?

21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He needs one more cap (though he's not waiting 3 years to get a shot at Colombia).

gomichigan24 and Scotty repped this.
  22. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just going to take a moment to revel in the fact we won 3 dual national battles with guys who despite not being able to legally drink in the USA are all already general consensus best XI players (Dest, Musah, Pepi).

Feels good.

Namdynamo, hoys, xbhaskarx and 4 others repped this.
  23. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    I do think Julian Araujo should be in contention for playing time in Mexico's squad sooner rather than later.

Winoman and gomichigan24 repped this.
  24. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has come to my attention that Dest turned 21 in December and thus my post is completely invalid.

Winoman repped this.
  25. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the one cap does not have to be a qualifier. The December friendly for instance would also count.

xbhaskarx and BostonRed repped this.