Dual nationals who could suit up for the US.

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by juvechelsea, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Oranje Agony

Oranje Agony Member

Nov 22, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    Anyone know if Munoz played at all for Newcastle last season?

2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only the U21s.

Oranje Agony repped this.
  3. Oranje Agony

Oranje Agony Member

Nov 22, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    Probably yes. The ball landed well inside the box. (Easy for me to say watching replays from my couch.)

RossD repped this.
  4. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    In another thread you said: " Berhalter was too stupid to call him up for the four games in June..."

If this is just your schtick then sorry but you post it straight and seem to believe it and I am therefore picking on you.

First, we have (at my count) 5 other dual national candidates for CF of similar age and accomplishments. Only Sargent is not dual national. Brandon is also the oldest of this group. The highest value, earliest peaking dual national CF was cap-tied really, really quick. I'm just saying Gregg had a lot of options here and has done well so far.

Second, Brandon has mentioned significant contact with Berhalter. Meanwhile there is no news of Tata ever reaching out to Brandon even though he knows the player well. Again, I'm just saying Gregg seems to be ahead of the game over Mexico here.

Third, he is youth cap-tied to us. For Mexico to call him up he will need first to change affiliation. It's just not happening. Again, we have advantage.

Fourth, the June window can't captie him for us at all. Not much advantage there. If Mexico promises the moon he'll be turned with or without the call up.

We have every single advantage and we don't need to freak out every single time for every dual national.

Oranje Agony repped this.
  5. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2805 xbhaskarx, Aug 6, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    I didn't say it was likely the US loses Vazquez, genius. I said "If the US loses Vazquez to El Tri I swear I will start a riot in front of soccer house"... the whole reason for that is because it's such a slam dunk, that it would be gross incompetence to lose him.

As for Gregg screwing up by not calling up Vazquez for the four games in June when he only called up two forwards, the Scuffed podcast said pretty much the same thing the other day:
    https://scuffed.simplecast.com/epis...ill-play-their-way-on-to-the-world-cup-roster

In any case here is the recent Vazquez 2022 comp video...

6. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two American Lucas in La Liga

nobody, Namdynamo, Yowza and 2 others repped this.
  7. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alex Mighten made his Premier League debut

CC Gregg

8. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    #2808 Ray Shoesmith, Aug 6, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    Don‘t forget Mendez and Alvarado.

Let‘s make sure we put every player who plays a minute in Europe here and castigate GB for not calling in everyone of them for Sept.

We need a 60 player camp before the cup.

RossD repped this.
  9. MuchoTakeItEasy

MuchoTakeItEasy Member+

LAFC
    United States
    May 16, 2015
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ledezma subbed in 46' for PSV.

Yowza, Winoman and TxEx repped this.
  10. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ok. Like I said, sorry if this is your schtick. Good to know that we share at least this opinion.

11. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with all of this except that had he played in the Nations League games in June that would have cap tied him.

12. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Premier League and La Liga aren't just "in Europe" they are the two best leagues in the world... not exactly comparable to Tessmann in Serie B or whatever.

If Gregg could handle running camps with over 26 guys (he has publicly said he can't which is a little mind-blowing), more bubble guys could have been seen in camp instead of just Roldan for the 30th time.

But yeah we should call up Alvarado not long after the World Cup (not sure what the Nations League schedule is), because losing him would be pretty bad...

We're lucky Mexico doesn't appear to be pushing very hard for Vazquez... at least not publicly... and that Chivas didn't get him in this transfer window.

13. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Chivas offered 500K which shows how clueless they are. Mexico is gonna push for every dual Nat with a pulse and say whatever they have to.
    Goes without saying. My point is that all the players who we want called in here will never be called in. Impossible. There are also folks, not sayin you, who will relentlessly call on any player, as long as they weren‘t called in by the coach. Even when they aren‘t performing or have one or two decent matches overseas. KDLF, Green, Brooks, etc are prime examples of the ranters several months ago, and now, about how dumb or coach is. He was right. Top Euro coaches agree with him but who cares? If I wanted to I can go back among half a dozen posters and make them look real dumb over the last year. It‘s easy, and it won‘t matter, because they just want to rant, and complain. They are happy to be ignorant as long as they can rant. It‘s sad but that‘s how it works. That‘s why they post here.

The cup is here. There is room for some forwards to make a case. Who will back up at left back. CB backups.
    That‘s about it. There are 26 spots and the show is here. Not much to be done otherwise.

I agree about bringing more guys in. Has always been a big negative in my book. Even if they aren‘t gonna be in core drills, and I get that, bring them in. No argument here.

Also, league matters, but only so much. Bello and Green were in the Bliga last year and they are terrible. They are.
    Miazga was in Spain and France and could never hack that level or speed. Hoppe is more fanatsy/hope than any type of substance and he was in the Bliga and LaLiga. Heading to the Cship.
    Brooks is a fantasy here. Folks don‘t understand him and the reality of the game now. Clueless but loud.
    He was in the Bliga. Free to sign anywhere for 8 months. Anywhere. All of those dumb Euro coaches and TD‘s.
    A lot of real insecure, ignorant people here who don‘t understand the US landscape has changed. We will have a lot of good players who don‘t play moving forward, whomever the coach, because of style and fit. That happens on every real, decent Nats team.
    The way it is now, and it‘s clear many here can‘t come to grips with that. MLS is actually a good league. It‘s funny how all my Euro friends
    get this but the ignorant here can‘t wrap their heads around it.

The ignorant there just use every dumb Yank stereotype to deny it, and they find them right here, on the US boards.
    The ignorant on both sides made for each other, down playing each other. Never changes.

ChambersWI repped this.
  14. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oranje Agony, Namdynamo and Winoman repped this.
  15. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2815 xbhaskarx, Aug 7, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    hmmm....

good, good...

Namdynamo and Winoman repped this.
  16. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Balogun definitely would not turn down a World Cup invite. I don’t think anything happens with him until next cycle though.

Mighten on the other hand would really benefit from the U23 team starting up again.

17. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love mighten's game, but right now, he doesn't even have a set position. He played RW for the last 8 minutes.
    Balogun is is another Ferreira with more attack coming from the left wing. A la, Pulisic.

18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    If Balogun wants to fight for a WC spot, he needs to have committed by now.
    He has to file a one-time switch as he's provisionally cap-tied to England.
    The time for hemming and hawing is over. If he wants to go the WC, then he has to be at the Sept. camp. And that's rapidly approaching.

As far as Mighten goes, I'm not sure he's ready yet.
    I put him in the category with Paredes and other young players. Ones for the near future if they develop, but WC22 is coming too quickly.

19. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    1556676032043827201 is not a valid tweet id

20. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mighten is happening...

1556696690404499456 is not a valid tweet id

[​IMG]

Namdynamo, nobody and gogorath repped this.
  21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ardubois3 and xbhaskarx repped this.
  22. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mighten

Balogun
    1556626838696361987 is not a valid tweet id

Namdynamo repped this.
  23. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah.. I broke this awhile ago.

Update coming soon at ASN (in the abroad weekend analysis)

But he's just waiting on getting a new U.S. passport to complete his paperwork. His old one expired...

Anyway, that's what I've been told by someone close to the player.

EDIT.. I didn't realize this was the USMNT News and Analysis board. I only came here when I was tagged. I never come into USMNT online forums on any site, on purpose. Anyway, see you guys later.

ardubois3, Namdynamo, deejay and 4 others repped this.
  24. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brandon Vazquez doing an interview on Futbol Americas on ESPN , he says that he has had no contact from the Mexican Federation, only Gregg and his staff have been in contact

edcrocker, Namdynamo, xbhaskarx and 6 others repped this.
  25. TrustingtheProcess

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 11, 2021
    Philadelphia, USA
    Could be totally wrong, but I'd imagine Tata is not super high on Vasquez from the ATL days, as he never looked that good with them. He's come a long way. Wonder if the had any relationship.

xbhaskarx repped this.