DT de Ecuador

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by BigSoccer Bot, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Peru has always had good players and nice futbol. They've underperformed over the past 10-15 years due in part to corruption and bad management. Sound like a familiar story?

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Y ¿qué pasó con Carlos Sevilla? Me pareció un buen técnico con Deportivo Quito, el Emelec, y con el Cienciano de Perú.

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Damn!!! Arie - out at home!!! And having only one a single match vs Costa Rica's U22!!! :eek:

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Argentina too

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    true story.

6. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Sounds expensive.

8. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We dont have the time to waste on coaches who don't know our players......it has to be Sixto Vizuete or we are done!

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How crazy has this Copa been? We need a really good DT ASAP! No one is considered a favorite anymore in South America. Every country except Bolivia is growing and fast. We gotta keep up! No time to waste and hope that Chiriroba can see this!

10. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    This is what I would do... Place Vizuete as the new NT coach and with the extra money saved, hire Tin Delgado to teach our forwards how to score goals... But first we would elect Pancho Cevallos as the new president of the FEF. :D

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With a solid FEF, Ecuador could have actually done well in this Copa as so many other teams just looked so...meh!

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The only good coaches that know about ecuadorian futbol are: Fossati, Bauza, and Vizuete. Only 2 of them have coached a NT. None have been to a WC. Bauza is not gonna coach the NT either and his processes take a lot of time, something we lack. Fossati failed miserably when he coached Uruguay, but who knows how his luck could change if he took charge or Ecuador. The good thing is he knows our players. And we all know Vizuete's story.

besides them, any other coach that could be on our radar is most likely not gonna know jack sh*t about ecua futbol. oh yeah and i also forgot about ruben dario insua. I'd personally choose Vizuete over all of them, but with a thought on the back of my head (he'd be ten times more useful as coach in the next qualifier and we'd be putting him to waste if we eventually fail to qualify this time). If we wanted Bauza, he had to have been hired over a year ago. now is a horrible time.

13. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007
    I am as not as young as I wish I was ; ) but thank you for the knowledge, did not know that. BUT what I do know is that this was Ecuador's chance to win the Copa America. After the Argentina and Brasil lost it is anybody's chance to win. With a good coach who knows how far we would have gone!

14. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we learn anything from this Copa America is that a long process is key to consildated a good team and add a good coach.. Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela and Peru have had a long process. Did you know that while the FEF was screwing around Venezuela was playing friendlies? yes, Venezuela had 22 Friendlies with good teams including Spain coming into the Copa America. Ecuador had 14 Games of which you played Mexico like 3 times. All I can say is that there are no longer any small teams in South America and Qualification is going to be a FVCCKIN Bitch!!

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ^

this is what i've been saying. there's not a single team in south america that can be described as "weak" anymore. that's over and done with. If anything the team's that were on top in the past decade and were usually top 3 or 4 in the Qualifier all dropped with the exception of Paraguay. Brazil, Argentina, and Ecuador have been overpowered by countries who have been working long and hard- Chile (we saw that last Qualifier, and the process continues), Venezuela (we've been seeing it since the 06 Qualifier), Colombia (which has been on the verge of Qualifying almost 3 Qualifiers in a row) and now Peru (who's always had good players but horrible management and coaches). Won't surprise me to see Bolivia step it up this Qualifier as well.

And it's not like Uruguay's reign is over after this squad ages. Just look closely at what their U-17 has done and how well their U-20 plays. Our present is tough. And I include Argentina and Brazil in it. I gotta say one thing, Brazil better thank God they are not playing in this Qualifier or else they'd be sh*tting bricks.

But i'll leave with one positive note: Our present at the juvenile level (U-17 and U-20) is better than Chile, Venezuela, Peru, Bolivia, and Colombia. So our future apparently looks better than theirs and has the potential to be better than theirs.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Somebody's interested........of course, he won't comment out of respect for Rueda...so all the comments he's making are purely theoretical and hypothetical... ;)

http://www.futbolecuador.com/stories/publica/22043

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    it's more than obvious the FEF has approached him. hes basically saying he doesn't want to go into detail til Rueda is gone. which will probably be later this week.

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    If this was a job interview, and I was conducting, his reference to Bauza would have sold me. It would be fantastic to have Basile's pedigree and experience, combined with Bauza's knowledge and insights on our players.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  20. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007
  21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Ecuador con el Coco de entrenador ya sería otra cosa. :eek:

22. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    is there any updates about coco from today?

23. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nope all I've read is that Rueda might stay.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that SOB has no shame