DSLR Question

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by morry, Mar 13, 2012.

1. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure this has been addressed somewhere at some point but what are the restrictions at LSP this season?

2. siskoeva

siskoeva Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Last year, The rules stated something along the lines of not allowing a camera with a removable lens into LSP. so if that is still true, sorry.

3. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is from the Stadium A-Z Guide

Cameras
    Fans may bring personal, still-photo cameras to capture the special moments from their visit to LIVESTRONG Sporting Park. However, video cameras, monos/tripods and cameras with a detachable lens are not permitted inside the stadium.

but it is a tad bit confusing when their Allowed Items List

includes

• Still cameras and camera cases.

I am hoping Sam or Merlin can help with this question

4. uncre8tv

uncre8tv Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Shreveport, LA (temporarily displaced from KC)
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW I took my DSLR with the Canon consumer-line 70-300 zoom lens on it into the stadium a couple of times last year and had no issues. It's a long lens, but not obnoxiously so when fully collapsed.

5. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seen a few in the stadium myself Morry, but also got rejected with a 8" (approx) 300mm once -- I'd bring it, but I'd leave enough time to get back to your car (or to try entering from the Western entrences)....

6. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just going to bring a walk-a-bout kit lens, I learned my lesson at MLS Cup 07 when I dropped my camera and broke my favorite lens.

The thing that frustrates me a bit about the situation is that I just can't live with my crappy cell phone photos versus something that takes real photos