drug tests.....wenger

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by giggs88, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Please have mercy on us, we only assault players, we don't forget drug tests..." *yawn*

2. Pinesol13

Pinesol13 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    NY
    what convenient timing for him to speak up about this right after the whole Rio controversy....

Arsene Wenger = [​IMG]

3. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu New Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Manchester
    im sorry but for the first time in my life i actually agree with what Wenger is saying, there should be more drugs test in English football, some players can go their entire career without being tested and something certainly needs to be changed about this. He didnt actually say anything about Ferdinand but we all know what he was thinking

4. Pinesol13

Pinesol13 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    NY
    I agree with the idea that drug testing should done more, and more efficiently. It wouldn't hurt.

But Wenger's timing, and his real reasoning for this sudden statement is blatantly obvious. He just annoys me now.

5. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    exactly, and he has the cheek to mention that he wasn't talking about rio ferdinand.

6. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    As I mentioned in another thread, the problem with drug testing is that they're not accurate enough. There are still far too many false positives. Until the tests are improved, the league should consider dropping the whole thing altogether. Of couse they won't for the PR value of being able to say "we test".

And at that certain drugs shouldn't be tested for. The league shouldn't test for things like marijuana, cocaine, and other things. Those don't enhance performance, they only hurt it. So that shoudl be an issue between the clubs and their players. If the clubs want to test for those, great, that's their choice. But the league should be concerned about keeping the competition between the clubs fair. They shouldn't worry about clubs or players putting themselves at a disadvantage.