Drop the Liverpool duo for the next friendly?

Discussion in 'England' started by n00bie deluxe, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Oh I dunno. Might be fun.

You could float the amusing idea there that anyone who considers the whole "Ingurland" thing a sad little joke for sad little people when compared to the realities of supporting your local football club week-in, week-out is a "champagne drinking, rich, upper class twat".

2. kenodoki

kenodoki New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Leeds, England
    Oh they could just come here, produce no constructive arguments rave on about how 'they don't give a f u c k' and prove to everyone that they are a narrow minded twats.

3. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    You still here???
    If you dont give a fuck then I dont see the need to keep on talking about it constantly...
    Leave it for those who do give a fuck?? how about that then eh?? is that too hard for you??

Sling your hook and go talk about something you do care about...
    I can hear your limo driver calling you to collect your prawn sandwiches...see ya..adios

4. puddleduck

puddleduck Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Providence, RI
    Well capping Ricketts, regardess of whether he ever plays for England again was probably a good move, simply because he was also eligible to play for the US.

If he'd never gotten that England cap he might we'll have gone to Japorea with us and, although the draw was such that the US and England didn't meet, cap-tieing fringe players so that they can't strengthen your potential opponents has got to be a sound strategic move.

Not nice exactly, but a good move none the less.

(And no that doesn't mean I think Ricketts would be much of an upgrade over McBride, Mathis or Donovan, but he clearly would have strengthed our side.)

5. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Ricketts hasnt done anything for the last year so he isnt really in the picture...
    and he isnt eligible for the yanks either...
    His dad moved to the USA and became a US citizen...That is his only link to america..
    that isnt enough to make him yank-qualified...

He only played for us in a friendly ,so he isnt yet cap-tied to england...

6. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Oh do hush, Ronny. My my, but you're a crotchety little so-and-so when you get all hot and bothered. This thread IS of interest to me because it concerns itself with the Liverpool players that regularly feature in England squads.

And even if it weren’t, who are you to decree what areas of interest other posters should and should not pursue.

Now run along. Good chap.

7. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
  8. Morpheus

Morpheus New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Midlands
    I have to say all this ************************ about friendlies being a waste of time is so ************ing annoying. How do you get a good team? Get the best players you can and then PLAY TOGETHER!! How the hell can England be any good when they don’t play together enough PLUS the complete dickheads from the clubs are on the FA`s back whenever an international is coming up.

It seems to be the clubs that force Svens hand into making umpteen changes and turning any friendly into a complete mess.

I have to say when it comes to England then the clubs can ************ themselves because this is the time when the country can get together (and there’s not many times that happens) and actually route for the same team. I love the way that it brings everyone together, black, white, Asian to cheer for the one team that brings back the passion that this country is missing.

Ask any England international or wanna be international if they would prefer to play or not to play these friendlies...the answer is `off course they ************ing would` it’s for their country!! The passion they feel when playing for their country is so much more than they could feel for their club.

************ the racist, tattooed idiots that brings down the name of the `England fan`. ************ the idiots that hate internationals that could `hurt their precious players' for their club. This is playing for your country and if you don’t feel the passion then at least respect how other people feel about it.

Of course the clubs pays the players wages and miss them if they are injured but that is the price you pay for trying to get at least a decent international team because to me it still is the pinnacle of football.

9. kenodoki

kenodoki New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Leeds, England
    Morpheus, I couln't have put it better myself!

10. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I doth concour, although I feel that clubs should be compensated for injured players.

11. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Call that a Limo Ronny? Jesus. You ARE working class. I wouldn't send my poodle to the Hairdressers in a little box like that!

Precisely. So admit defeat and stop holding pointless friendlies with top players.

LOL! Yeah ... that whole Ingurland thing is a real kicker when it comes to otherwise elusive social and racial harmony ...

Altoghether now!! "Land of Hope and Glooooory ... "

What - a friendly against Australia ?? Wow. Thank Christ you don't like Cricket. We'd be playing the Ashes in Germany.

:p ... purleeeeese!

12. kenodoki

kenodoki New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Leeds, England
    I rest my case about twats who don't make any constructive arguments

13. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia

Agreed.

One thing I like about MLS is that it was started with an attitude that internationals are important and teams and coaches understand this and there is never any fuss about it, even when teams are missing their important players.

14. Bizzo

Bizzo New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    toronto
    That will change very quickly if MLS ever becomes more powerful than the national team as is the case in the top European leagues.

If San Jose was paying Donovan $5 million/year would they still 'understand' how important the national team is?

15. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Actually, I've changed my mind on all this. International friendlies are ace - turns out Stevie G can use it up as one of the three matches he will be banned for by the FA today after the tackle on Naysmith in the Derby. So he misses only two league games.

Viva internationals!

16. Morpheus

Morpheus New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Midlands
    We know how you feel about Internationals and the supporters of England Matt!

You must have had a few bad experiences with England fans cause, even though I havent been to that many England matches, I have seen more stupid thugs on the streets after a Liverpool game than an England game.

I live in Leicester and so have seen more of the diversity that is the England fans than most. I love the way the White, Black and asian fans sit around the big screen with their England kits on.

When I said the pinnacle I was refering to the matches against the bigger countries like Argentina, Brazil, Germany. The game against Australia is a friendly that we need. We need to start playing more games so we actualy start playing as a team. Club England is the way forward but how can we be a club or a team without playing games more often than Qualifiers and tournaments.

Like most people on this board I love England and want to be proud of my country when it comes to football. That doesent make me a tatooed thug, it makes me proud to be English just like the asian and black friends who are just as proud as me when watching England. The top clubs have too much say when it comes to England players.

Compensation for players who are injured on England duty is a good idea though!

17. kenodoki

kenodoki New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Leeds, England
    Surprisingly, the English FA are the most generous with compensation for injured players. Still doesn't stop the big clubs trying to bully it.

18. Morpheus

Morpheus New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Midlands
    Poor Stevey G!! He still has to miss 3 league games AND the International! Doubley unfair on us who support Liverpool and England.

19. Bizzo

Bizzo New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    toronto
    It doesn't count as one of the three but he can't play for England while serving an FA ban. He only misses 2 league games because he also misses the FA Cup replay against Crystal Palace.

20. Morpheus

Morpheus New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Midlands
    Matt, you dont have to worry about any Liverpool players playing for England. They are so ************ they dont deserve to play for England. What the hell has happened to Liverpool for gods sake!!!