DRAKE in the Rankings? Come on.

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by NCsoccerD1, Oct 27, 2003.

1. NCsoccerD1

NCsoccerD1 New Member

Oct 27, 2003
    OK, so I already admitted to being something of a Davidson fan in the Davidson-UNC thread, but I am also well acquainted with the Drake side from good ol; Des Moines. What is going on in that coaches association that lets them vote a crap side such as Drake, with such a weak schedule to #22 in the nation on a 10-3-3 record, while Davidson boasts a very strong schedule and consistently proves themselves against the top teams in the nation sits without a ranking on a 10-4-2 record??? Come on people, time to quit balking at the size of the school and give them their due!

2. PB04

PB04 New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    I won't comment on prior schedules but this year's Davidson team does NOT have a strong schedule.

http://scoreboard.nscaa.com/cgi-bin...=s&State=&Ranka=1&sno=2425&Gender=s&Season=03

Besides the schedule - Davidson has ONE win against teams with a W-L record over .500 - and it was in their first game of the year.

3. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    For what it's worth, the 10/20 Albyn Jones power ratings actually has Drake's schedule strength higher than Davidson's. 1485 to 1477. Frankly, neither one is much to brag about.