draft

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Arisrules, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    What picks do we have in this years draft?

I'm assuming we have our own, and our going to get one from DC, which we will then give to Dallas right?

Are there any good players coming out?

2. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought we traded a #1 pick that we did not have for Vaca and that is the one we get from DC for Jaime so i think we do not have one still. Didn't we trade one in some other deal to get Pope maybe???

3. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland

I can't remember completely, but I think our natural 1st round pick was either:
    A: Sent to LA last year in exchange for a 2nd round pick to complete the Bob Bradley trade.

or

B: Sent to somebody (damned if I remember who) two drafts ago in exchange for a current 2nd round pick to select Eddie Gaven.

That said, the Seth Stammler trade might have involved this years number one pick as well. Hell with it, I just can't remember all the deals anymore.

4. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    we can always trade our 2060-2090 first round picks for someone's first round pick this yr. I would do it b/c who knows if we'll have a team in the future.

5. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    i can already smell an affair of Chivas-Walker-Early round picks but they would hav to give us more than just a pick

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Everyone on this board was under the impression that Chivas would jump on Jonny Walker for some reason. If they wanted him, they would have taken him in the expansion draft. Stop trying to shove this guy off on Chivas. And you've got some nerve saying they'll have to do more than give up an early pick. Kindly take a walk. You and Nick are going to muscle Vergara? Yeah, right.

Jonny Walker is your cap problem, not ChivasUSA's.

7. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    our problem? we all love the guy and want to keep him
    he could take a speech/vocal class at some college in upcoming spring semester though :)

8. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    Keep him. I did not see him as the problem. We need depth in defense and non flywieght midfielders that actually play defense.

9. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC

and a hardnosed midfielder.

Walker is the least of our problems. Chivas is inane for not taking him, as they could then use an allocation of theirs on actual players, instead of washed up Mexicans.

Seriously, I understand why everyone thinks Chivas is going to be good, but Rongen is not a good coach (he has sucked everywhere he has gone) and the players they are bringing in so far aren't world beaters. We'll see.

10. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    make we do need to get Thornton but play him on diffense lol
    maybe he could teach E.Pope how to push and that a central defender should never win the fair play award

i think Pope was more of a problem than Walker, and that fair play award pretty much explains why we lead the league in goals allowed

11. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AM I right here:

FC DAllas gets our natural 1st round for Vaca
    We get DC's natural fisrt round for Moreno apperance clause.

So out first pick is #12?

12. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    No we didnt have a natural pick because we gave it away(cant remember how). SO we have to pay off Dallas with DC's pick which means we dont have a first round pick. Thats all I know.

13. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    it was given to LA before the 2004 draft for the 11 pick. Metrostars had to get the 11th pick cause they owed a top 12 (i think) pick to Chicago. owed it as part of the compensation for hiring away Bob Bradley

14. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    so my current review shows

MET 1 to LA (1st pick, 2nd rnd 2004)
    DC 1 to MET for Moreno but to DAL for Vaca
    MET 3 to SJ (JuskowiakDiscovery)
    MET 4 still have
    MET 5 still have
    MET 6 to SJ for Parke pick (10th pick, 6th rnd 2004)

so have natural 4th and 5th round picks, #'s 42 and 54
    the trade for the LA pick costing the 2005 1st rndr also had future considerations owed to LA, so they might get one of the 2 picks.

15. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    is there really any top prospects in the draft out there anyway??

16. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    hey as long as we got the LAST pick in the draft (J.Park hint hint) we should stick with it as a secret weapon

17. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The top three rookies all came out of college this past year, and that shouldn't change in the 2005 draft. This draft seems like it will be heavy with forwards. One kid I'm hoping comes out is Ricky Schramm - Big East Offensive Player of the Year from Georgetown by way of NYC. He's only a sophomore, and is a poacher in the Twellman mold.