Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Nuvinho, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Nuvinho

Nuvinho New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Downtown Toronto
    I know Toronto has a few.......how many do we have? and who's picks did we acquire or trade? I don't know if we got a draft pick or gave one up in the Cunny deal?

As well, who would be the best prospects we could acquire via the draft?

2. TheChoker

TheChoker Member

May 6, 2007
    Toronto
    Good question. I tried searching top ranked palyers for the 2008 draft and couldn't find anything.

Anyone find anything out there?

3. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I remember reading a article talking about us ending with 2 1st round picks in the draft but with the amount of deals that were completed it is hard to keep track of.

4. Nuvinho

Nuvinho New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Downtown Toronto
    I figured we had 2 picks, our own pick and someone else's. I was hoping we got RSL's pick in the Cunny deal. It would be great picking 2 of the top 3 spots in the draft.

5. Mississauga FC

Mississauga FC New Member

May 30, 2007
    Where is San Jose's spot in the draft? And if TFC finish ahead of LA and RSL, why would we even be in the top 3, let alone 2 of the top 3?? Does MLS not draft in a similar fashion that other leagues do?

6. Nuvinho

Nuvinho New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Downtown Toronto
    I did forget about San Jose...my bad!!! As for RSL and LA, both have games in hand on Toronto. RSL has a game in hand and 2 points behind us. LA although they suck is 6 points behind us with 3 games in hand.

7. TFC07

TFC07 Member

May 19, 2007
    Brampton, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I know that TFC has Chivas USA draft pick

8. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    SJ has the #1 spot. Every expansion team gets that spot. After that, it's based on record (worst to first).

As far as I know, TFC has their pick and either DC's or Chivas USA's pick. They traded one to RSL (not sure which).

9. ChrisLav

ChrisLav New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    I'm 95% sure that Toronto's pick is gone.

Thinking it was dealt earlier in the year, I want to say in a trade with Dallas, but I could be totally wrong as to who it went to.

In reality, getting a good youth system running for next year, as they plan to do, where they can develop and keep their own talent is the best way to supplement any club's draft picks

10. nutella

nutella Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Plateau
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct, Dallas has TFC's first round pick.