Alert: Down goes Hughton... In comes Pardew

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Toon³, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    That's it, I'm done with this club. ******** them all. Ashley can literally burn in hell and I hope someone ********ing shoots that fat ********.

2. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Down goes Hughton

Well shit...

BREAKING: Newcastle United Sack Chris Hughton – Kevin Nolan ‘Gutted’

Boss Chris Hughton sacked by Newcastle

Hughton leaves Newcastle

This has stupidity written all over it. Wonder who we will end up with... Joe Kinnear? Maybe give ol' Harry another shot? Somehow I doubt MA has a plan and will just be sitting around waiting for the "more experienced" managers to call him. Notice that we don't even have a caretaker lined up since we didn't have an assistant manager who could step up.

3. YiddoInAkron

YiddoInAkron Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Re: Down goes Hughton

This is the most mental decision regarding sacking a manager that I've ever seen. What the ******** were they expecting this season? League title? Houghton has done everything asked of him and then some. Absolutely laughable. Ashley needs to get the ******** out of there. Chrissy didn't deserve this AT ALL.

4. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001

There's no better option out there. Even though I wasn't 100% behind him at the start he proved me wrong. He got the squad playing together and for him and each other. He won a F'ing Championship for chrissakes and had the team in the top ten for a bit this season.

Unbelievable.

Actually, it's believable. Ashley is a stupid fat cvnt.

Martin O'Neill won't want the job if he left Villa for the same reasons KK left here.

Thx,

Jay!

5. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001

Supposedly the betting has been suspended on Alan Pardew becoming our next manager.

Thx,

Jay!

6. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is this all due to the WBA match?

They're a damn good team with Odemwingie in there, just ask the leaders. No shame in losing to them.

Also how can ashley fire a manager that can keep Joey Barton (relatively) stable:eek:

my sincere condolences

7. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

8. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001

Beardso and Stone, for now.

Thx,

Jay!

9. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Knowing the type of owner currently at the helm, who the hell would want to come in and coach this team?

10. B Rock

B Rock Member

Oct 7, 2004

Don't think the fact that Joey Barton was suspended and the first team central defense pairing was out contributed to the recent rough patch in form do you Ashley?

Oh wait, you'd have to know a ********ing think about football to understand such a concept you fat ********.

Enjoy the fan's contempt -- again -- you and your ********ing cut rate sporting goods store can go ******** off.

11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

Wow!!

Just wow.

12. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

just saw the pics of hughton leaving...hope that ambulance is for Mike, hope his heart's given up on him the obese f***ing turd.

13. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is there going to be a massive protest like their was when KK left?

14. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001

I love some of the choices in the odds offered by William Hill, especially from 33/1 and on:

7/2 Alan Pardew; 9/2 Martin O’Neill; 11/1 Alan Curbishley; 12/1 Alan Shearer; 12/1 Lee Clark; 12/1 Peter Beardsley; 12/ 1 Paul Lambert; 14/1 Steve Clarke; 16/1 Stuart Pearce; 20/1 Ray Wilkins; 20/1 Steve McLaren; 25/1 Ian Holloway; 25/1 Simon Grayson; 25/1 Neil Warnock; 25/1 Martin Jol; 25/1 Iain Dowie; 33/1 Gordon Strachan; 33/1 David Ginola; 33/1 Paul Jewell; 40/1 Kevin Keegan; 40/1 Sven Goran Eriksson; 50/1 Owen Coyle; 66/1 Steve Bruce; 66/1 Dennis Wise; 100/1 Paul Gascoigne

Thx,

Jay!

15. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

His decision making skills are still a few classes higher than MA's.

16. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001

Unsubstantiated rumors from the @nufcfans Twitter feed:

On replacement > Alan Pardew will sign a contract until end of the season (in next few days). He's agreed to minimal spending in Jan. #NUFC

A 'few' #NUFC players thought Hughton lost focus after Calderwood left the club. The need for a new assistant was felt in training. #NUFC

Last week, unofficial negotiations took place with Martin O'Neil in London. MoN turned down chance to manage #NUFC. Reason unknown.

Hughton was warned after 5-1 defeat at #Bolton. He told players that his future was on the line. #NUFC

Hughton forced out due to inconsistent results. The board was not given enough of an assurance that he can manage at top level. #NUFC

Thx,

Jay!

17. Shameus

Shameus Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Middle of a Migraine
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand I do believe he had earned the chance to see the season out. I think the only goal most fans had for the club this year was to not get relegated. So far CH was on his way to achieving that goal. Getting points from both Chelski games, winning away to Arse and Everton. Demo'ing the Mackems and the Villians. The team had some good results so far this season.

On the other hand, all of us have questioned his tactics and in game management. We have not done as well since CC left the team and we have no idea how much help CH was needing from CC behind the scenes. The team was very inconsistent this season. Home loses to Blackpool, Blackburn, and Stoke, home draws with Wigan and Fulham who are very poor away teams. The Bolton and WBA games away. This team was not picking up points from games they should have. That needed to change.

I want no part of Pardew. Guy brings controversy and bad vibes with low morale where ever he manages. It took him two chances, and only after a playoff, to get West Ham promoted, and West Ham was never a really good sign with him at the helm. He got Charlton relegated and they have never come back up and continue to slide leagues. In my opinion he is a step down from CH and that has me concerned.

My choice would be Lee Clark or Gary Speed, or Beardo. I think Speed wouldn't move since he just got his new job and Beardo has never managed. Clark has lost 5 games at home in 2+ years at Huddersfield. He has the experience and we know he bleeds Black and White.

I think the final decision to axe CH was over money. When it was reported that Pardew would only make minimal changes during the Jan Window, it got me thinking. We all know Cashley hates to spend and won't bring in replacements unless held at gun point. I think CH went to Cashley and told him that he needed money to reinforce the squad and that pissed Cashley off. So axe CH for inconsistentency, and save money with Pardew.

18. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm not trying to use to much logic about this, since this club doesn't run on logic, but MA used experience as the excuse for firing CH. I highly doubt any of these three meet that requirement in his mind. Lee Clark may have more experience than Speed or Beardo but experience at Huddersfield means nothing when you step up to the Prem.

I think you might be right about the reasons for sacking CH and looking at Pardew but if our history of hiring managers has taught us anything the press reports and odds will be nothing like what we will end up with.

19. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Have they already forgotten how we got relegated in the first place?! Chris was going to keep us up. We're not going to do better than that this year anyway, damn it. The reason this team isn't better is talent. Credit to Chris for getting them to play so hard and together last year. We'll sure need them to play hard in the second half.

This bull**** has to end. It's not as if we're Man City, who have much loftier management requirements. We need stability! :mad:

20. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

The biggest issue that all of us have with this, in my opinion, is the reasoning behind it. Very few individuals are going to buy that Mike Ashley sincerely wanted more experience. If that legitimately was the reason, CH should have been asked to consider a lesser role at the club in the off-season, so we could have rebuilt and adjusted at the proper time. This line of thinking will only be exasperated further if Alan Pardew is appointed, since his "experience" is exactly the result we are trying to avoid.

The real reasoning seems to lie in yet another power struggle involving a certain fat individual who considers himself the center of the world.

At the end of the day, the blame lies in our owner's hands more than any other individual. The reinforcement we got over the summer showed tremendous awareness of the transfer market by Chris. Ben Arfa on a loan, Tiote in for a minimal fee and Gosling in on a free. Williamson and Danny Simpson were brought in under our manager and both have proved to be fantastic bargain signings. What would have happened if Chris was given 5-10 million ounds? Maybe we wouldn't be relying on Shola Ameobi and Peter Lovenkrands as a second striker.

Furthermore, he was stuck with a bunch of shite players who were overpaid when he arrived. Colo, Nolan, Smith, Jonas are all on absurd wages given their actual quality. I remain convinced that each would have left the club upon relegation if anyone was actually interested. But nobody was, because no club would pay their wages or a transfer fee for player's of their quality. So Chris had to make due with what he had. And he did a tremendous job of that.

The team has rallied around Chris and for once we saw a squad fighting for the B&W kit. This squad was riddled with problems when he arrived, but upon the first ask he got everyone together and performing. He has gotten the best out of Jose Enrique, Danny Simpson, Mike Williamson, Wayne Routledge, Andy Carroll (huge improvement), Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton (a large accomplishment indeed). He has arguably gotten better performances from Jonas, Ameobi and Colo.

There were questions around CH's tactical and in-game decisions. However, the majority of the time his hand was forced. Against WBA we had 6 starters out; Harper, Colo, Williamson, Nolan, Barton and Ben Arfa. Should all of those be starters in the squad? Probably not, but the blame hardly lies at the feet of CH. When the 4-5-1 was working as he had hoped, Chris showed a willingness to change and adapt.

One last bit, if this was all due to Calderwood and not Chris, why was the former allowed to leave? Why didn't we pump his wages, or even offer him the job? How can you let a pivotal man go? Granted the man may very well have wanted a manager position, but he went to a mid-level SPL club. I'd rather be the assistant at Newcastle for a few more years myself.

I'm willing to go into more detail on any of this, but considering this is already a long post, I will spare you.

21. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

Martin Jol has left Ajax.

I think I speak for the majority of us when I say thank you to Chris. He did no deserve to be sacked.

We are once again at a pivotal moment for our club. The appointment of a Pardew, Curbishley, Kinnear, Wise etc will obviously doom us in the near future. A Martin Jol combined with Jan spending might go a long, long way to curbing any criticism of MA's decision

22. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001

Supposedly Martin Jol just quit Ajax and oddmakers have him at even now for the NUFC job. Although I heard he was heading to Hanover as well... FFS.

Thx,

Jay!

23. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What is our fascination with Sp*r coaches?

I was never very impressed with Jol and the few Sp*rs supporters that I am on speaking terms with were never in love with him either. I don't see why he would want to deal with MA or his shit transfer budgets anyway.

24. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

You obviously don't talk to many Spurs supporters as I seem to have many friends who are and many of them still wish the best for him since his days managing them.

That said, Ajax supporters weren't too sad to see him leave.

25. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LMAO.

That's all I've got.