Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, I don't see us going beyond 55-60 ME. I doubt anyone else would other than PSG maybe.

Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which perspective are you looking at it from, i've seen some fans wanting rid of Case immediately, do you think the team should be without a proper DM generally?

3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    This means he most likely isn’t joining us.

Galatico repped this.
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Its RMC who kept saying Camavinga will join PSG last summer. Barca can't afford to spend on a DM right now. City (Rodri), Pool (Fabinho) etc have quality DMs too.

Shay Z, Anon., Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He would start for United though.
    Also RMC are generally reliable, they weren’t wrong when they said PSG were trying to get Camavinga, that’s not to say that Tchouameni still wouldn’t join us but it would make sense if he didn’t trust that he’d play.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He'd start right away for Utd because they are mediocre since long. Might be in Europa League for all we know. I hope he will be more ambitious than Pogba not to waste his next 5-6 years at Utd. If you have the talent, join a club that will compete for titles. Militao, Camavinga etc did that and one already worked his way to the starting XI. Varane before that did the same.

Digital, Anon., PigBenis and 2 others repped this.
  7. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I loved Arbeloa to death. Still he couldn't do shit with the ball, except those few times when the matrix glitched or something...

Anon., hector_br and 4x4s repped this.
  8. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Gravenberch is the simpler transfer because he only has one year left on his deal.
    It really comes down to what the player wants.

Even if Tchouameni wants Madrid, his team will hold on for another year if the competition is offering double what Madrid is offering. There is still another two years on his deal. They won't accept less money unless they are in a position where they have no choice, and that usually doesn't happen until there is only a year left on the contract.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Anon. repped this.
  10. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I want rid of Casemerio, but spending 80 for a DM seems excessive. If we can afford it without limiting other signings, sure I’m good with it. It’s not my money.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A guy with a relentless fitness regiment that managed to break through into a space of elite talents.

Most young players dream to be like Benzema or Vinicius or whatever, but the most realistic person they can follow is a guy like Arbeloa.

I followed him for a while on social media after he career while he staying active there and he was running marathons, playing full tennis matches and other crazy stuff. A phenomenal athlete.

Airjao, -Reivax-, hector_br and 3 others repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One of the best players of his generation, seriously, what's gone wrong with some of you guys? :eek:

13. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    It's Seoul Villain, the guy whose post makes you think we lost the game even if we won by two goals.

BTW, would you gius rather get Haaland this summer or a starting quality RB/RW?

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  14. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Mbappe is that RW.

15. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    i know I’m in the minority here. But that’s fine.
    He was a beast and absolutely integral to our success winning the 3 CL run.
    I think Casemerio has started to show his weakness in the last couple of seasons. I posted awhile back that he’s trying to play more out of the back, and his stats show it.

He’s prone to a few major mistakes out from the back that result in a chance for the opposition every match. He does backheels to no one in the attacking 1/3, takes ridiculous shots from distance and slows down our attack when facing a deep block - but he’s got times where he can carry the ball and make a great pass in transition and he’s fantastic. For me, the bad moments are outweighing the good when i looks at the totality of his game.

Since Kroos and Modric can’t press anymore, he’s just not the best fit and he struggles against the press.

I’m looking forward to seeing a new plan in the midfield overall, as I think our football is rather ponderous and unwatchable at times.

16. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I promise if we get Mbappe and Haaland, and change up the midfield- those posts won’t happen.

watching Zidanes team pump cross after cross into the box with LV starting at RW and Asensio on the left was absolutely painful even if we won 1-0. who the hell would be joyful about that?

17. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    Casemiro is arguably the best DM right now. For me its not even an argument. to advocate getting rid of him is just crazy. We suffer every time he does not play, or even when he is subbed out.

Anon., Serengeti_Boy and ImadEdd repped this.
  18. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I can agree with the notion that Casemiro used to be more reliable. But hes still a great player.

Digital, petros93 and Anon. repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anon., Ahmadi8 and Zidane05 repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We've played without Case already this season, the football hasn't looked any better as yet, i reiterate, as far as Madrid is concerned this season it's about tactics rather than individuals, some fans seem to think just get rid of this player or that player and we'll automatically be better, it's a team game still

Shay Z, Airjao, Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Anon., PigBenis, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Pretty good news. Even if you're pessimistic about the kids future development, what you can't deny is perception.

What I mean by this is the more this occurs (wonderkids selecting Madrid, Mbappe, Haaland, etc) the more the lore and legend of Madrid grows.

The foundation built by Florentino and his Galactica allowed us to enjoy Cristiano, Modric and the new era legends. That grew into Vinicius, Rodrygo, Mbappe, etc...

Now Vinicius effect is already being seen with Endrick and so on....

Even the biggest pessimist can't deny this. Fantastic for the club's future

Shay Z, Anon., Ahmadi8 and 8 others repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The son of a Brazilian waiter who wants to come to Real Madrid like Vinicius did

His life story is the origin of a very humble family. He was born on the outskirts of the Federal District of Brasilia and at the age of four he was already playing soccer. His father, Douglas Sousa, posted his son's goals on YouTube and searched for potential players among the big Brazilian clubs, which are mainly concentrated in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. Sao Paulo was the first. They invited the whole family to move, but only offered them financial aid of 150 reais, 29 dollars, according to his father.

Then Corinthians and Santos were interested , but they did not want to pay the rent for the change of house. And Palmeiras emerged, which decided to meet those needs. Endrick began playing in the lower divisions of the Verdiblanco team when he was ten years old.

His father started out as a waiter at a bus terminal , but in the end it was Palmeiras himself who hired him as an employee at the club's training headquarters

https://www.abc.es/deportes/real-ma...id-sistema-vinicius-202201291821_noticia.html

Sao Paulo and Santos must be kicking at the decision they made with Palmeiras set to earn several millions.

Anon., PigBenis, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, IMO, dispels the myth claimed here a little while ago that young players are solely motivated by money, and prestige no longer matters, therefore we can no longer compete with the likes of ManCity and PSG in terms of attracting the best young talent, i disagreed then, as kids and young players are fans first of all, just like us, we can offer good wages, trophies and........ we are Madrid

PigBenis, Deep Pal, Excape Goat and 2 others repped this.
  25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I agree but money is still part of the equation when joining Madrid... our club also gives the best platform with the greatest history.

Anon. and Digital repped this.