Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

2. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good answer, it looks like both camps are distancing themselves from a "done-deal" due to the upcoming CL tie and respect to the selling / giving club, PSG.

I think we're going to see a number of articles now that question Mbappe's intent to leave and potential desire to extend. We'll just have to hang on to our seats, nothing unexpected given the situation.

ImadEdd repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    RM has to notify PSG when a pre-contact is signed so I reckon both Mbappe and RM would probably wait until the season ends before signing the deal.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I wonder how they’ll open it up?

how does someone qualify and will teams like Arsenal agree to be dropped out?

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ‘BILD’ INSIST:

“REAL MADRID is NUMBER 1 priority for HAALAND. Either it's this summer or they sign a contract for him to stay at Dortmund for another year and then he'll leave."

Deep Pal and ImadEdd repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bild ain't shit as a source though. Absolutely bottom tier.

The guy says he hasn't even thought about it yet and hours later one or the other club is the clear favorite.

Comedy.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Ah, so now we're taking people by their word?

Does this just switch up when it favors the outcome you desire or is this the new standard? :D

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I agree that most of those "sources" probably know nothing but at the same time Haaland wouldn't come out and say "Real Madrid is my priority" even if it was.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    So Haaland, who had his agent take tours around different cities a year ago and has a release clause in his contract, hasn't thought about which clubs he'd prefer to go to and doesn't have a priority in his mind?

Deep Pal, libertao, J-Mezzy and 5 others repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal, Galatico and Zidane05 repped this.
  11. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Talks with Bruno Fernendes are stalling, maybe we can swoop in? I’d love to have him here.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So what you're saying is he's lying.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Isn't this what you accuse all of them of doing when they don't say something you support or want?

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Where did he say he has no idea where he is going? He said he wanted to focus on football and makes his decision later. That doesn't mean he doesn't know where his preference is.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He said he doesn't even know if he's leaving or not. That's what Dortmund wanted to know.

He's being compared to Andy Möller in Germany right now, somebody that basically managed to get shit from every single club he played for because of the way he left them.

He's a great talent, but are you shitting me? How do you send your agent and father across Europe and then say you don't know yet, what did the two geezers talk to the clubs about? Vacation plans? If you have somebody selling the merchandise, it's for sale.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's what I'm saying when they say one thing and do another.

Dortmund don't even want a statement from Håland in public. They just wanted to know if he's going to be wearing their shirt in 5 months or not. If he doesn't know that yet, the man is absolutely slow.

He knows he's leaving but he's Obviously f*cking with them with this should I stay or should I go now.

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He literally never said he didn't know if he wanted to stay or leave, he said the club is pressuring him to make a decision. That could very well mean that they're asking him to choose his next club, because who the hell cares if he says I'm leaving without actually getting an agreement with a club? What does that to Dortmund when they need to ensure the funds are secured to make their next move?

18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Please Mbappe, don’t extend

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This is the same guy with the original story. No one else is reporting that. This is all coming from Leonardo. Cheap and dirty.

No chance he's renewing.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia, libertao and 4 others repped this.
  20. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Yeah Mbappe refused them in the summer after all the hype of the transfers (not to mention the last two years) only to renew now that it's not working at all and they look like an even worse team than last year. Makes total sense.

Deep Pal, lukita, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    Yeah I don't believe any of that. 6 months away from his dream move and he cucks himself out of it with a short term extension? More nonsense.

Deep Pal, lukita, PigBenis and 3 others repped this.
  22. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if he was going to renew, why would he put him through what he's dealt with for the last several months.

the only remotely possible explanation would be that PSG asked him to do it to troll us, but I'm not buying it

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The club specifically said that they want to know whether he's staying or leaving. Dortmund have even offered him an extention to make him the highest paid player in the country, which according to Watzke he has neither said yes or no to.

They simply want to know whether its all worth the effort.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we don't sign Mbappé in the summer heads are rolling. This isn't a matter of football any more. It would do huge damage to the club. Basically make us look like fools.

Deep Pal, Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You don't actually know what the club has asked him. You're just projecting your bias onto the events. The same logic applies here, if Dortmund don't know he's leaving by now, they're slow in the head.

They need to know where he is going and have an agreement in place with that club because they will use those funds to buy Adeyemi or whoever they identify as a replacement. Him saying he's leaving without an actual agreement, them spending the money, and him picking up a knee injury and deciding to stay another year leaves them looking like idiots and having spent money they don't have.

Ahmadi8 and Deep Pal repped this.