Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    KCM are here, with Kroos and Case having high level football in them for easily 2/3 more years.

Camavinga and Fede are here.

Nexf season I’d be happy with either a dynamic player who can interchange between the midfield three spots or a pure DM backup. It’s what I though Blanco was going to be this season. 6 midfielders for 3 positions is enough for me.

Digital repped this.
  2. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I'm just saying we need one more mid in addition to KCM + Camavinga and Fede. I was hoping Blanco would be it but it seems the club doesn't seem to trust him yet.

3. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think we will sign one more young midfielder this summer. Tchouameni fits the DM mould who will allow Fede and Camavinga more freedom offensively. He's also pretty good technically. Gravenberch - Fede - Camavinga could work as a modern midfield too provided all three work hard on the defensive end. Would be interesting to see which option we will go for.

Ssr9, Shay Z, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  5. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Ouar from Lyon need to replace Isco which his contract expired in the summer. Will be a good sub.

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1481615253934850050 is not a valid tweet id

madridista_hr, Deep Pal, Drouchk and 2 others repped this.
  7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Tchouameni might turn out to be expensive given EPL interest.

Saeta Rubia and Galatico repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    So... Haaland's father just said it would be a dream for his son to play with Mbappe.. a player his son feels is a role model.

Yet, we have been told by people Haaland would never want to play with Mbappe, doesn't like him, is scared of competition, etc...

Seriously as I have been saying; people need to stop projecting their own inner insecurities and issues on to these players. Just go off what they say and do, not off why you are sleepless at night lol.

arcane, Saeta Rubia, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  9. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think we might have a decently sized war chest this summer for transfers, particularly as in the short-term we will be saving a lot of money w.r.t Mbappe's transfer fee (unless we also Haaland).

It will all depend on where Flo will want to place his chips and how spread out they will be.

I'm beginning to think that our midfield needs further addressing this summer, and with Isco and potentially Ceballos leaving, we have room to bring in another central midfielder.

10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Will also depend on how many years we think we can get out of Casemiro. If it is 4 or 5 like we are getting out of Modric and Kroos, it might not be worth investing that amount now.

Saeta Rubia, Deep Pal and Galatico repped this.
  11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

12. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree on this, it seems like KCM are untouchable right now, with Fede and Cama finding it difficult to find significant minutes.

13. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019

Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  14. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    So why buy another young mid? We have two that can’t get into the starting line up. We need to get a player who can come in and break up the KCM.

I know we’re getting results, but to assume that we’re going to have success for another year with them given the issues we have seen in the past and now.

I’ve said this before, it KCM is the sum is greater than the parts. Take one out and we fall apart in the midfield.

Carlo needs to experiment a little more to see what we can do - like not putting Fede out on the right wing. Not playing with Casemerio when we’re playing teams sitting deep. Put Modric with Camavinga and Fede, since he’s been the first sub they don’t play well with Kroos or Casemerio.

15. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, another young midfielder isn't the answer for next season. KCM are all 30+, Fede hasn't gained trust of Carlo yet and Camavinga is green.

A guy who fits the bill for me is Bernardo Silva, he wanted out of City last summer and made comments about playing in Spain. Versatile enough to play on the RW also. I have no idea how much he would cost to get out of there, I'm sure Pep would prefer to sell to Barca though and they could offer more minutes.

16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don't agree with this but, football being a team game isn't this preferable, rather than the parts being greater than the sum? like say............ PSG where the parts are great but the sum is meh, i'd say we are very lucky to have great individual parts that sum together very very well

17. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Silva would be great, but there is zero chance Pep is selling anything to us, especially a player like that.

There are a lot of options, I think we’ve had the best success targeting mids who are mid to later 20s who have some experience but plenty left in the tank;

Xabi, Kroos, Modric, Khederia,

Pogba is probably too injury prone, but Tielemens could be a solid choice. Dark horse player that I like is Hojbjerg, (queue the laughs and pitchforks) the times I’ve watched spurs he’s great at both ends and moves the ball into the attacking 3rd, and checks back to the D for an option, and can dribble out pressure.

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I agree with you, that’s the ideal. My point was that those 3 compliment each other so well, you take one out or one has a drop in form it falls apart, Swapping a Fede or Camavinga for either Kroos or Modric one at a time has not worked very well.

19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fair enough but that may not be the fault of the guys that are not swapped out, fine line, we have to get the balance right

20. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I would like to see Modric in front of a Camavinga/Valverde double pivot. If that works than you may be looking a different type of mid to compliment them in the future.

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Haaland hasn't won any major titles with Dortmund. Most players grow up dreaming of winning the CL. So why wouldn't he want to play with Mbappe and Vinicius? Suarez and Bale left to join MSN and BBC from one man show teams to win major titles as well. Barca right now are several years from being true CL contenders.

Deep Pal and Galatico repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Deep Pal and Drouchk repped this.
  23. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Damn, that kid is 15?? At the risk of jumping on a YT-highlight hype train, sign him asap.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Hype train has started and I’m aboard. That’s one of the most impressive YouTube compilations I’ve seen. Pay up Florentino!

Deep Pal, madridista_hr, Anon. and 3 others repped this.
  25. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Eh…. Let’s pump the brakes on that train a little. Yes, kid has some talent, but my word. That was some absolutely atrocious defending. It looked like they were on roller skates and drunk.

What level is that? 3rd division Brazil?

petros93 repped this.