Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Being able to afford players doesn't mean you go and spend that money on anyone. You want to maintain a wage structure.

Rudiger would depend on his wages, I don't think he should be getting anywhere near Alaba for example. I think we're much better off paying a transfer fee on someone far younger who would demand far less in wages then to go and throw that money on Rudiger.

Deep Pal, ahnaf, Saeta Rubia and 3 others repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So to be clear whenever you have some leftover money in your account you go and spend it until it's at 0?

3. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Rudiger would not be my choice. As everyone has mentioned, he would be a high wage signing for a position that isn't vacant. We're not going to start playing three at the back. Also I just don't like him, so there's that.

Digital repped this.
  4. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    your brain dead. Seriously, do I have pull together a complete financial breakdown of the club to show you we can afford expensive players - if we want to?

The financial projections and revenue are miles ahead of almost any club. It’s not like club will make the shirts cheaper or tickets less for the fans if we don’t sign a player. We’re managed very well.

Opportunity Cost folks; if it costs us 50 million transfer fee to sign a decent young CB with 2 million over 5 seasons = 60 million plus any interest. Hopefully they pan out and develop. This is the Militao example btw, where we got lucky.

We pay an established player on a Bosman a 10 million bonus, plus 10 million a season for 5 seasons = 60 million.

not hard to figure out we can do it either way.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  5. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/sn/nog...nirani-mozda-bude-bolji-i-od-modrica-15130117

[SN] Real Madrid scouts were present on the St. Etienne - Rennes game (0-5) and were impressed by the Croatian international Lovro Majer (23, CAM). Real Madrid will allegedly contact Rennes to sign Majer next summer. Rennes is aware that many clubs are interested in Majer, so they demand €35 million.

Looks like there might be a rumor with him for real:ROFLMAO: I was just joking around in the other thread when I mentioned him. He is very good though and I would keep an eye out for him. He can play 8 or 10 and is similar to KDB in playstyle.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and madridista_hr repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This, not interested, especially at the wages he might command, however if he does turn up i will support him

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What you don't account for is the social impact on the team. Players don't look at the wages their team mates earn on the basis of whether they were signed out of contract or not. They see a guy doing what they do earning twice as much as they do. So when a Militao is talking contract extention, he's going to say, you brought a guy that earns 15, a guy earning 12, both of them doing what I do, I want to earn just as much.

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Saint Iker, Deep Pal, PigBenis and 5 others repped this.
  9. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do it. No brainer.

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't believe Rudiger rumours coming from England. Don't see Bayern paying 12 ME nett. No chance of RM doing it either given how good Militao has been. Marca said this 10 days back.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2021/11/25/619f919646163f25ab8b458c.html

Rüdiger is also on the radar. The player still has not reached an agreement with Chelsea to renew his contract and is an interesting footballer to strengthen the center of the defense. Alaba and Militao are the future in that area and Madrid would be interested in another alternative, but there are doubts about the player's salary. The net 12 million euros that he would be asking for are seen as too much, since they do not see him at the height of Alaba.

Doni repped this.
  11. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Especially with Vinicius playing so well, I'll take Haaland over Mbappé all day.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mbappe loves RM. He's gonna be here for a decade. With Haaland, even if he joins this summer, I see it as a 4 year stay before he moves to a rich PL club because of Raiola.

Mbappe scores as much as Haaland despite playing on the flanks so what's the issue? Carlo will give him a free role like he tried with Hazard early on this season.

Doni, PigBenis, MiamiNative0722 and 5 others repped this.
  13. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Real Madrid should keep an eye on Lovro Majer.
    His left foot is a wonder.
    The guy creates scoring chances like it's nothing.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and lukita repped this.
  14. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To play devil's advocate, we rolled out Ramos/Pepe/Varane for years without an issue as there was more than enough competitions for all 3. It's a tricky spot cause we do need a 3rd quality CB, Nacho isn't going to cut it and not getting any younger.

I'm not totally sold on Alaba/Militao yet, having Rudiger or another CB would allow us to play Alaba in Casemiro's position when Casemiro needs a rest too. Somewhere I believe Alaba would thrive.

Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I doubt we will sign Rudiger if his demands are that high. Especially with the Alaba - Militao partnership working so well already. We cannot understate the importance of this. After the decision to let Rafa and Sergio go this was the best possible outcome and that’s what’s happened. Huge for the club to have serenity regarding that. If it hadn't worked we would be in desperation mode throwing everything at Rudiger or someone else.

If we do sign him, we’ll have to see how much wages he’s gonna get, but worst case, he would be an overqualified and overpaid backup and I think we can live with that.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Varane joined as an 18 year old though and was content with his role until 2014. Then he started talking about wanting bigger role after 2014 season and Pepe accepted back up role. Militao is 23 and entering his prime and Alaba is a leader in his prime. Unless Rudiger is happy being 3rd option for around 7-8 ME nett, I don't see it happening.

Drouchk, Deep Pal, madridista_hr and 2 others repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am totally sold on both Eder and David as defenders more so than Rudiger, i personally unlike others have no problem with Nacho as the 3rd CB, a much maligned player who always gives his all when called upon and more often than not does very well when on the pitch, every defender makes mistakes, he just isn't a big money signing so not that highly thought of , if not Nacho though then i'd prefer a young up and coming CB

18. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    We should look at younger defenders.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's the single position along with goalkeeper where youth is almost completely irrelevant. At CB you can get away with an older player if he's truly world class.

Ramos was terrifyingly bad at times when he was younger.

petros93 repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't, but that might be personal bias, since I think Mbappe is instantly compatible with what this team has been playing for almost a decade but we haven't had a real CF be our focal point since Van Nistelrooy.

If it's one or the other, Mbappé all the way for me. He truly is committed to joining the club against all odds. This kind of commitment should be rewarded.

RMSocrates, Airjao, PigBenis and 8 others repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Watched Tchouameni this weekend; kid is impressive. Mind you level of competition may not be the greatest, but he was really good on the ball, physically intimidating, and high workrate. Seems to fit the profile of midfielders we've went after recently.

22. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True but two things ,for this particular discussion though, i personally don't think Rudiger is that special outside of the Chelsea "system" and absolutely not worth the kind of money i see rumoured as wages he is seeking,

We would be looking for a backup with promise not someone who we'd have to rely on every week, but someone who could grow with the team, like Sergio did, like Rafa did like Eder did, a long term view, all players make mistakes, especially when they are young, but the club invests in them ( and rightly so it has been proven) based on long term potential,

Meanwhile they've also been some terrifyingly bad " world class" defenders who have turned up at our club, someone mentioned "The Wall" just the other day for starters, so, that's the other side of that coin.................

23. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    I don't know if it is true but several articles
    say that Real Madrid should pay 35 millions if they want to get Majer.
    I think it is a good price.
    He is the kind of player that would end a season with 20-30 assists pre-assists in a team full of world class players.
    Can play 8, 10 or on the right wing if needed.
    Great for a squad that plays 60 matchs by season.

24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We need a back up for Vini

it’s crazy we are doing this well depending on 2 guys upfront
    right wing is also a need obviously

Deep Pal repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not big on this Rüdiger business. I'm sure careful about players playing for a contract.

Digital repped this.