Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    so we put our head in the sand and pretend we don’t need help in midfield? You must be one of the KCM loyalists.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Getting a player with those wages in means committing over 100 mil. across 5 years. If we spend that i want it to be a safe bet as possible, not another Hazard.

3. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Still haven’t offered anyone as a suggestion…. Waiting.

4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are countless possibilities at affordable prices. Tchouameni, Tielemans, Soler, Gravenberch, Aouar.

I don’t know what you guys are worried about. A 1 year Modric extension isn’t going to block pursuing a new mid

Ssr9, Shay Z, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tchouameni will allow us to rest Casemiro a lot more and Camavinga will be able to play in his best position in upcoming years as a CM. Signing Pogba means having an injury prone player who is declining physically (he's not the Juve Pogba who was taking on players consistently) and doesn't have the workrate in this era of intense pressing. Pogba Kroos Case will be a bad fit as well. You can't replace Modric in the starting XI with someone like Pogba who's workrate in a long club season isn't close to even old Modric.

Not to mention Casemiro won't get any rest if Pogba is our midfield signing. Everyone who was on Pogba train in 2016 has moved on and club was never on it anyways. We are not investing 25 ME gross wages per year on a player with injury issues already from his age 29-34.

Drouchk, Shay Z, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  6. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I had such a vivid dream/nightmare that Mbappé signed an extension at PSG because the Qatari government threatened to kill his family if he didn't. We signed Haaland instead.

7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd fight tooth and nail to get Bellingham if we could, i wouldn't have a problem with the club spending to get him, and he can grow with us with Toni Case and Luka, but, you did say available, not sure he is or if he'd want to come to us or rather head to England

8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We ALREADY have help for the midfield, called Fede and Eduardo, you may not believe in them but i think both will eventually be very influential for us, seeing as with the KCM loyalists utterance you seem to rule out anyone else

9. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    If Fede and Camavinga are so good, why aren’t they starting? I mean I know they are good for the future, whenever that may be. But they are not good enough yet to compete for a starting position as long as KCM is around and that looks like next season as well.

I’m not interested in Pogba for monster top wages, I think he’s delusional if that would happen, but if he’s actually interested in resurrecting his career Madrid is his best option with the support of the French contingency here.

Honestly, I just want an improvement in our midfield as KCM is not the path forward. It’s time to retire them before it’s too late. Kroos has looked much better this season, so I think if he’s rotated more he could stay on for another 1 year extension. But Modric needs to go, and frankly so does Casemerio.

10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because IMO right now even though older Toni and Luka are better, and i don't know any coach who doesn't want to play his best players, i might be in the minority but i have no quarrel with Toni, Luka and Case starting at the moment, tough games and we need to win, and right now we are winning, Fede and Eduardo will start at some point i am sure

As for getting rid of Casemiro, madness

MiamiNative0722, arcane, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My word. You must have an absolutely carefree private life otherwise, I usually have nightmares of work or ex partners. :ROFLMAO:

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Tielemans is fantastic but I don't think Leicester is selling. Plus if I'm going to them for a player, it's for Fofana.

Personal preference is Gravenberch, although Tchouameni seems the better positional fit but I haven't watched him enough.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Gravenberch will be moving this summer. Contract only until 2023 and is a Raiola client.

Raul-7, Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #8164 4x4s, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    yikes

Raiola has been around since the 90s and the only player he ever represented that has played for us was Areola who just arrived on loan for a season as part of the Navas deal.

Saeta Rubia and Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    You talk about Pogba being 29; when Kroos is turning 32 and Modric is 36?

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And both are playing better than him.

lukita, petros93, Saint Iker and 10 others repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  18. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Possible starting 3

Vinicius - Mbappe - Rodrygo

Has RM had a fully black frontline before?

19. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Probably not and who cares?

This hadn’t even crossed my mind until you mentioned it.

lukita, osnap427, Shay Z and 8 others repped this.
  20. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Informal agreement with Rudiger

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    im 50/50 on the Rudiger transfer.

On one hand he has been great in the past year or two but on the other hand he is going to be 29 next season and he is a high profile CB who would not want to be on the bench for Militao/Alaba and i dont see these 2 accepting a bench role for him either.

I prefer a younger CB with a world class potentiol who will accept a rotation role with Militao/Alaba......

22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Signing Rudiger is odd to me as well.

We need depth at the position. Vallejo cannot be counted upon and Nacho could be headed for the exit...

But, Rudiger will demand high wages and I don't understand how we could bench either of Militao or Alaba at the moment.

Also, while Rudiger has been fantastic under Tuchel, I think questions remain for his quality in a back 4.

He is a free transfer and we seem to be taking advantage of those types of deals, but he won't come cheap if Chelsea aren't meeting his demands.

Saeta Rubia, Doni and Zidane05 repped this.
  23. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    #8173 Nir_O, Dec 7, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    Marvel from our academy
    A real talent kid and doing great performance in Juvenile A.
    BTW, we have some great potentials:
    Marvel
    Bugarin
    Andy Gundyonsen
    Reyes (the son of jose Reyes)
    Bruno Iglesias
    Peter Federico

24. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Just for facts here, we’re going to shed 20% of our entire wage bill by Bale, Marcelo and Iscos contracts expiring. Add in Hazard, that gets to 30%. If by some miracle get Maranio and Asensio sold, that’s gets us to 38%.

Add in the capital we’re saving on a transfer fee for Mbappe, we are acting like we can’t afford other top players? We’re not Barca FFS.

25. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only makes sense if Alaba is moving to midfield. Still not really sold on Rudiger regardless.

Anon., Saeta Rubia and Digital repped this.