Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Why not? Just to keep the momentum from this year - make it both Ronaldo's. And give the Golden ball to the older one.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really really can't see it. He's got too much pride for that. Plus I don't see him leaving Manchester United in the summer.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo to PSG is just a metaphor to say that Mbappe won't be playing for PSG.

libertao repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's irrelevant, since I still think PSG will throw everything they've got into a Håland transfer, bonuses, clauses, extra payments for Dortmund to get them involved, possibly a player or two on loan.

They'll be out to save face this summer.

Anon. repped this.
  5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Talk about an unbalanced squad.... Lol

Digital repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Piggy backing on this: If Håland really has no buyout clause he might break the transfer record. If Dortmund gave him their word, I don't expect them to keep it knowing how hot this guy is going to be this summer on the market. :D

7. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    What are the odds dembele goes back to Dortmund?

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zero

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I didn't really see Dortmund denying a clause exist, I saw them refusing to confirm it does. It's been pretty much confirmed from the most reliable sources that one exists, and you know that it's coming from the agent so you can take it to the bank.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

PigBenis and J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    PSG will be a retirement home once Mbappe leaves the project. Haaland can join PL version of PSG in Man City rather than spent his career until 27 in Ligue 1. No chance of it happening unless PSG are desperate enough to agree to a 2 year contract or sth like that. Al K was ranting publicly when Ligt demanded a buyout clause to join PSG. [emoji23] And Ligt is represented by Raiola too. Haaland will have most of the top clubs after him.

Anon. and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  12. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Anyone who is negotiating a contract and writes up all these clauses relating to length of contract, salary, etc but fails to insist on putting a massively important clause in writing, relying on a gentleman’s agreement instead, is an idiot.

If you are drawing up a contract, put all the terms in there (or have a signed “side letter” if you need something separate to the contract for confidentiality reasons etc). Or have a gentleman’s agreement for the whole thing and do away with any paperwork at all.

You are an absolute idiot like Messi or Kane if you have a vital term not put in writing.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I highly doubt it's not in writing, particularly when it's a set figure. I agree, if it's just a "gentleman's agreement", I'm not honouring it if I'm Dortmund.

Umar repped this.
  14. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    There’s no way Mino agrees a gentleman’s agreement imo. Surely the guy is too streetwise to fall for that.

Shay Z, Doni and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  15. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Didn't they try to do the same previously? One of their other players had a clause and they never confirmed he had a clause?

16. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    This project will be a complete joke post world cup. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell the club.

Anon. repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Who is going to buy that mess?

18. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Get that parol evidence outta my face before I come at you with the four corners rule.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Some one else trying to launder money. And there are plenty of those types of suitors.

Shay Z, PigBenis, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dortmund are in the stock market, that makes false statements a pretty big issue legally. They're also one of the few clubs that are forced to disclose exactly how much they receive from transfers down to the last penny.

The guy that asked Watzke if Håland has a buyout clause is a shareholder himself.

Zorc followed up on Watzke's statement by saying that the player is under contract and Dortmund can't be forced to sell, but there is a general understanding with the player that there is a certain amount that he could leave the club for.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    When has being on an exchange inhibited any company from verbally misrepresenting a situation?

Being publicly owned (and traded) doesn't mean you have to report clauses in contracts. As you said it means you have to disclose actual transactions.

22. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    That’s crap. Manchester United is on the exchange and they say loads of dross about transfers and contracts etc……

Anon. repped this.
  23. Ify23

Ify23 Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Shay Z, Anon., PigBenis and 4 others repped this.
  24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My mind is blown. Another nugget from the Mbappe comic book:

So we get to the point in the story where Mbappe is at Monaco choosing between Madrid and PSG. While the Mbappe clan has massive praise for Madrid, 18 year old Mbappe says that deep down he thinks it's too early to go to Madrid. He must become a big player in France first.

Here is the mind blowing part: If I'm interpreting this part of the story correctly, the direct translation here is Al-Khelaifi saying "The only problem with getting Mbappe is FFP. We are always required to do transfers with UEFA restrictions even if we have the means of buying all of UEFA if we wanted. Call Wilfried Mbappe and we will resolve it."

Is Mbappe painting Al-Khelaifi as a villain here?

Also a nice point is that Real Madrid constitutes the vast majority of the story in this book:

Zidane05, PigBenis and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  25. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I dunno about Spain, but in U.S. that would be Rule 10b-5.