Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Camavinga has done better in 2 weeks than Odegaard in 2 years. I admit knowing nothing of Camavinga before he joined us, but he looks a level above Odegaard already.

Deep Pal, Raul_Madrid, petros93 and 3 others repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Also Theo, let's be honest here, is at the right level for himself. He's a success at Milan the same way Adam Szalai has been a success in the Bundesliga for his entire career. Good for them, but it's a level or two under the level needed for success in Madrid.

Deep Pal, petros93 and Digital repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I literally posted the quotes from the same interview where his agent is saying that Madrid had Carvajal and Conte was telling him he'd be his starting lineup player while Zidane wouldn't.

Hakimi was renegotiating his contract. He found a better situation for himself, but I find it pretty annoying to constantly read players want both the lucrative moves and the glamour of belonging to a club. You either cut down on your demands, or you leave.

4. Naz07

Naz07 Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I watch a lot of Milan games and he’s been tremendous for them. Still does a lot of look down and kick the ball stuff, which is annoying at times but it’s one of his strengths and I suppose it works for him/them. He’s been called up to the French NT recently and has been heavily linked to PSG. I think you under rate him a little. He looks like the player we thought we got when we bought him.

With that said, I still prefer Mendy over him, so not too fussed either way.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I only watch Milan in the big games and I've seen him getting blown away defensively, Chiesa totally destroyed him in a recent duel.

I think he's the same player he always has been to be honest.

Digital repped this.
  6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We've got players coughing up the ball at the 18 and giving up goals on what should be routine plays out of the back while getting destroyed against mid table teams; so there's that if you want to make the comparative analysis.

Chiesa is also very good, he will most likely be making world class LB's look bad for years to come. Still cant figure out why he isn't at the top of the club’s transfer list.

7. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Judging by this post alone would make someone outside believe that we are fighting against our relegation. :ROFLMAO:

Deep Pal and libertao repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Milan is a mid table team in itself.

Digital repped this.
  9. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    What mid-table teams (plural) are we getting destroyed by?

Last article I read on Chiesa was Juve rejecting a ~100 ME bid by Chelsea, so that might be why he's not top of our list.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dude it's fierro, he generally hates anything that's good for the club and the team.

11. Naz07

Naz07 Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I remember that game, wasn’t his best game you’re right, but it’s an exception. Chiesa isn’t that good every game either. But yeah, he’s moved on and is doing well for himself and we’ve moved on and seem to have that position sorted for the foreseeable future. Worked out for the best.

12. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
  13. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Your right Sherrif is a CL club, best of the best. I guess it's Madrid that's the Moldova league mid table level team.

I'm not always right, but even when I am it doesn't always make me happy either.

14. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Ah, so Sherriff "destroyed" us? I assume then that the other mid-table team that "destroyed" us was Villareal 0-0?

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    As predicted...

Really hope some great young talent shows themselves.. hopefully of Spanish descent.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  16. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Honestly, fine with this. I’m ok with Alaba/Militao/Rudiger 3 man rotation. I don’t see an available CB out there the club will spend big money on.

Rudiger brings some shithousery back there we haven’t had since Pepe, we need someone with an edge.

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why ?

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nothing wrong with a little sandpaper. And at 6'3 would be a help on set pieces.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Who knows Rudigier might come here to be a hit. Although he has never really stood out to me as a top defender.

He tastes his opponents though. Literally.

Halycon, Digital, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  20. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019

Agreed. Unfortunately I don’t see any world class CBs in the pipeline.

Rudiger isn’t Ramos Pepe or Varane, but he’s decent and free.

We need to spend the big bucks on attack. Mbappe is bare minimum. Go for the jugular

Açores57 repped this.
  21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:cautious:
    You mean superleague super team. :oops:

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not a fan of Rüdiger in Isolation, but as a part of a defensive group, for free? Why not?

Açores57, RaMaaa and yoanaidarov repped this.
  23. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Yeah, we can’t do better than Rüdiger on a free right now. He’ll be a rotation player, 3rd choice CB after Militao and Alaba. Sure, there are better players but we’ll have to break the bank and it’s just not worth it to spend so much on a rotation CB when we have much more pressing needs like a new RB and the attack.

24. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Madrid and juventus as good relationship. I would send asensio, hazard and Jovic to them, for De ligt.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    De Ligt is mediocre.

Ahmadi8 and J-Mezzy repped this.