Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Marcelo leaving will also free up 8 ME nett wages. Hopefully, Asensio will decide to leave after barely playing this season. Benz will probably return to Lyon when his contract runs out in 2023. He'd be 35 and a half then.

Anon. repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Some RM Twitter accounts who were early on board on Mendy and Camavinga are very high on Aurelien Tchouameni who's already a France international. Apparently ZZ likes him too.

May 2020 Marca report:

Deep Pal and Hsain85 repped this.
  3. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Benzema said he'll leave Real Madrid if he's past his prime.

If he's still performing at his current level beyond 2023, he'll stay as a starter

Serengeti_Boy and Deep Pal repped this.
  4. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    the only way we get Haaland is Benz will need to give assurances to his camp that he’s willing to step back and play second fiddle. Benz is loyal to the club and probably would do what he can to help, but that may not be enough.

Benz has logged some serious miles the last 3 seasons and hoping he stays fit and passing up a generational talent in Haaland is a boneheaded move.

5. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    IN: Mbappe, Haaland, Pogba
    OUT: Bale, Marcelo, Isco, Asensio(2023)

When you add up those on the way out, their salaries add up. The first three are ending contracts so there is no need to beg other teams to take them. Asensio will barely play and will likely opt to move with only one year left on his contract.

The only dead weight then is Hazard(2024), Mariano(2023), and Jovic(2025) at that point. Mariano may be moveable next summer with one year left on his deal.

6. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Benzema has no reason playing as a 2nd fiddle for anyone else when he himself is a top 5 player overall & top 2 striker while still being in his prime. It's not like Mbappe or Haaland are prime Cristiano Ronaldo lol.

Benzema is in an exceptional physical shape and takes a great amount of care of his body to perform at the highest level even in his 30s like Cristiano, Lewandowski, Messi, Zlatan etc. I wouldn't be too concerned about him playing so many games when Benzema shows no signs of decline.

The likes of 33-year-old Lewandowski & Benzema are so good that passing up Haaland ain't gonna hurt Real Madrid or Bayern in the long run. Especially when Mbappe is coming to Madrid next year and Vinicius taking insane leap in his development.

Serengeti_Boy and Deep Pal repped this.
  7. Knedalah

Knedalah Member

Real Madrid
    Israel
    Aug 4, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    pogba? why? no thank you.

In: Mbappe, Halaand, Rudiger, Maelle
    Out: Bale, Marcelo, Isco, Asensio, Mariano, Ceballos, Odriozola
    Also jovic and hazard if possible.

8. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    well that kind of short sighted thinking is what will sink is the future. Haaland is the best forward prospect in probably 10 years. Benzema was very coveted when we signed him, when we still had Raul. Raul was a shadow of what Benz is now, but proper succession planning is important. I’d rather move on sooner than later, when we have a generational talent as a possible replacement. There is no way Haaland does not bang in 40 goals a season for us. I’d say Mbappe is the luxury, that we really dont need when we have vinny and hopefully Rodrygo, but it’s worth getting Mbappe when we don’t know for sure that both Brazilians pan out.

9. Naz07

Naz07 Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not very keen on Pogba in all honesty when you consider his age, the wages he’ll command and the fact that he’ll expect to be a starter. Terrific player, but I think that train has passed. If we’re looking for a midfielder, Milan’s Kessie will be available on a free. Beast of a player.

Speaking of midfielders, Valencia’s Hugo Guillamon impressed me last night. Haven’t noticed him until then, so can’t say much about him.

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He was a CB when I watched him play last season. Guess Bordalas converted him to a CM now.

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    An RB option to keep an eye on. No competition from PSG as they have Hakimi. He's 18 and has had a very good start to his Lyon career apparently.

Deep Pal and madridista_hr repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    RM also has a good relationship with Lyon. Maybe we can send them Mariano at a steep discount/free next summer and negotiate for Malo?

Hakimi is a RM, not very defensive imo. He wasn't gonna play behind Carvajal so let's not beat that dead horse. I'd rather have a good defensive RB if one becomes available.

But Carvajal is too injury prone to rely on him. We tried with Odri and failed, we needed to immediately rectify that but instead went with LV.

Not enough is being done to replace Carvajal. Love him, but gotta move on asap.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Sad, but realistic.

saadomar repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think so too, seems far fetched but we'll see.

15. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    So, if we replace Benzema with Haaland next season, are we actually missing out on anything? That's my point, as good as Benzema has been, Haaland should be better in almost every aspect. Assuming money is not the issue, missing out on Haaland for the sake of a 34 year old Benzema will be ludicrous. Especially if you add Mbappé as well.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dude, you're the only guy on the planet that thinks Benzema is some sort of stumbling block to a Håland transfer worth hundreds of millions. Like, you completely skip every obstacle to get to the transfer and you're worrying about the minor details here.

It's like worrying what you're going to wear when you marry Scarlett Johansson. We'll worry about that when we get there.

17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree.

We were willing to pay 200 million + Mbappes wages with Bale, Isco, and Marcelo contracts on the wage bill.

I don’t see why we wouldn’t be able to afford a free Mbappe + a Haaland clause when all those contracts come off the bill. Im aware they will have outrageous commissions and bonuses.

I think the biggest stumbling block is convincing him of the project and fit. I think we will have the money.

18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think the stumbling blocks for an Mbappe Haaland summer will be each other

don’t think they wanna share the spotlight

Hsain85, RaMaaa, Açores57 and 2 others repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You know this from your personal relationships with them?

Smh bro you are better than this.

Icalldibbs and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  20. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Any top club will pay his "cheap" €75m clause.

Real Madrid won't break the wage structure to get Haaland.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because the club would have to commit and preplan hundreds of millions for 5 years of two players. There's a lot of financial management going on there. This isn't some "well Bale is off and Marcelo so hey". It's more complicated than that.

22. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Yup. Haaland has made no secrets about him winning Ballon d'Or.

I doubt Mbappe is joining Real Madrid with intention of being his water carrier.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We won't have to break any wage structure to sign Haaland. He will earn around Mbappe or less. Just like Ronaldo - Kaka.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no I don’t know lol. That’s why I said I think. I have no evidence to back this up regarding them other than the whole yoga incident

but I’m just going off history when it comes to athletes. Other than Lebron who seems to just want to win and have fun playing, most alpha athletes like Cristiano don’t join up with their direct rival In superstardom.

but yeah that’s just my guess but hopefully I’m super wrong

25. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    I dunno, if we get Mbappe and haaland chooses elsewhere because of it, in my eyes one has ambition the other doesn’t.