Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you want to be strict, yes he is. Ronaldo left Real Madrid for money. I'm overjoyed for him that he found a home and family in Italy though.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  2. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Haaland gets his 66th goal in 66 games for Dortmund.

We have to do everything possible to get him at Madrid next summer. Literally everything.

3. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He will end up in City. just feeling :D

4. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Probably right unfortunately. I think he should be more of a priority than Mbappe. If Vinny and Rodrygo can pan out - we need to get a replacement for Benz.
    Mbappe has stagnated and not sure if he will ever kick into the next level.

5. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    His 2nd goal for Dortmund today. ******** me. He’s unreal.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  6. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    He’s too good for city. He needs an elite club.

7. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    We should really look into signing a starter RB this summer. The problem is the RB market is really thin right now, can’t think of a RB that is good enough to be a starter here and who is available.

Deep Pal, madridista_hr and Anon. repped this.
  8. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Question - did Luis Campos take a job? Haven’t seen any news about him recently and I thought a bunch of big clubs were after him for the sporting director role, including us…

9. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're so stacked. A few additions from having the best squad in the world.
    Possibility of Mbappe, Haaland and Pogba all for barely any money(transfer fee).
    Isco, Marcelo and Bale being out of contract is so good too.
    IN:Mbappe, Pogba(free),Haaland(90M)
    OUT:Ceballos(25),Mariano(10),Jovic(30),Asensio(anything)
    GK:Courtois,Lunin, X
    DF:Mendy,Miguel,Alaba,Militao,Nacho,X,Carvajal,LV
    MF:Kroos,Modric, Pogba,Casemiro, Valverde,Camavinga
    FW:Mbappe,Haaland,Benz,Rodrygo,Vini, Hazard

10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    We need a RB this upcoming summer if not sooner, LV or Dani isn't the answer

RMrules, madridista_hr and Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    So Vinicius is on the form of his life and Benzema, though I'll be more than happy to replace him with Haaland, is not slowing down.

Question

If we bring in Mbappé, where does he play? If we bring in Mbappé and Haaland, what does this mean for Vinicius, Benzema and/or Rodrygo?

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Why would you be more than happy to replace him with Haaland?

I know we need to bring in Haaland for long term due to Benzys age

but at this money, Benzema is the superior player and should not be replaced by anyone. Haaland would have to be integrated somehow but Benz ain’t leaving nor hitting the pine.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Longevity. I rate Haaland higher than Mbappé and it will be a shame to miss out on the former for the sake having Benzema for a couple more years.

madridista_hr repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't.

I also don't think getting Håland has much to do with Benzema.

It's mostly a financial issue.

HZinho and Doni repped this.
  15. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm thinking Mbappe, Haaland & CB (or RB) would be the dream summer, I don't think I see the need for Pogba.

But on the incoming figures, we have to assume Mbappe is going to command a €60M-€80M signing bonus. Probably closer to €80M considering the money he'll be turning down from P$G. Haaland will probably command €25M for himself & father and €25M for Raiola. Pogba would probably command a signing bonus of €30M (if Alaba's was €20M) and €10-15 for Raiola. I know you said transfer fees, but we have to remember the TOTAL up-front cost will likely be very high - approximately €265M (€90M transfer fees + €175M signing fees). And this still hasn't addressed the defensive issues. I would forgo Pogba and sign a CB or RB with the money earmarked there.

On the outgoing, I have a lot of trouble seeing us get €25M for Ceballos, maybe €15M at this point. There's no chance Jovic will net us €30M based on the performances he's put in thusfar. On his wages, I think we're going to be lucky to get off that deal at a net neutral position. Mariano is in the same exact boat - we've been trying to give him away for free for years now. And while I'd love to see Asensio leave, he seems like Mariano to me, content to just BE at Real Madrid. I think we'll likely try to raise some funds through Brahim.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe I'm being negative but I don't see a world where we have Håland, Mbappé, and the Hazard contract all running at the same time. We're losing the Bale wages so that's a positive but we'd still have Hazard's equally high wages on the team.

17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We should have gotten a proper RB but it seems we maybe relying on LV once again if Dani Carvajal stays injured. It's becoming very routine to have Carvajal injured now. We should get a proper replacement already. Odri apparently wasn't good enough.

temesgen repped this.
  18. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Impossible to have both Mbappe/Haaland. Its font fantasy football or manager game.

19. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    We had Hakimi! Outside of it being pretty stacked, I can't fault our squad too much but one person we should have kept for sure is Hakimi. Carvajal's injuries have been an issue for a few seasons now.

20. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I think it could work. A lot of defensive work for our wingers though but not much different in regards to how we line up today.

Courtois

Carvajal Militao Nacho Alaba

Casemiro

Valverde Camavinga

Mbappé Haaland Vinicius​

RMrules and Hsain85 repped this.
  21. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Who is the most promising DM out there at the moment?

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Well Florentino is going to make that reality. I'm sure many thought Cristiano, Benzema and Kaka would be fantasy as well.

In the end Halaand works well with pace wide attackers.... Vinicius, Mbappe, Rodrygo seem to be just that.

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I think if Hazard can have even a decent season we will look to offload him. That will free up wage space for all the players we want as Bale and Isco are coming off the books too. Without Hazard being sold it’ll be very hard. And of course there’s also the squad and first team spot that frees up.

24. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    This is my hope as well, get a good season out of Hazard and sell him this summer. He's an absolute luxury in this team because even the best version doesn't provide enough goals and assist.

25. Galadrius

Galadrius Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I rly hope he does! Halaand is monster....
    What attacking threat we would be with those guys damn.
    Camavinga? but yea Tonali had rough start at Milan but hes class...Not clear DM-s but players like Jude Bellingham and Gravenberch are great talents.Mybe not this summer but we should scout them for sure.
    I mean we have Reiner who is just stuck on BVB last 2 years but he is still high rated and huge talent,just needs minutes...
    Biggest problem is RB and one more CB...