Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

2. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well Leonardo has 3 1/2 months to get him to extend. If he fails to do that, then he should start working on that imagination of his because it will be all that's left next year.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  3. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    why? I don't see mbappe signing anything before the of the season, or at least the end of the CL journey this year for PSG.

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He can sign the papers in January with club announcing the deal only after the season. 4 months is more than enough to make a final decision. He'd also have a 6 year contract ensured that way without worrying about any injury risks.

Saint Iker repped this.
  5. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn, that’s embarrassing. LOL sounds like a ex-girlfriend denying they ever broke up at all. PSG are pathetic in all sense of the word.

Deep Pal, saadomar, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  6. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    If Mbappe wants to keep playing in that awful league during his best years, dude is insane. I hope no amount of money changes his wish to join us.

Deep Pal, 4x4s, saadomar and 2 others repped this.
  7. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Leandro is basically hoping he can pressure Mbappe into renewing and trying to put all the blame on Mbappe's shoulders if he leaves. It's downright sad to be honest, especially because Mbappe could have renewed at any time if he wanted to stay and get them off his back.

He did not. Something also tells me there's a reason that Florentino Perez and Jose Angel Sanchez are so confident he will join us later. They must be in touch with him via back channels. PSG is just waiting to pass the buck and cry foul, which is kinda ironic given how they did the same to Barca with Neymar.

There is a small possibility that Mbappe is waiting until the absolute last moment to gain the absolute best deal from either team. There is no rush for him to decide.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he avoids a pre-agreement in the winter because he could still give PSG hope of re-signing and keep the fans guessing. It also avoids him bring benched as retribution. It is an interesting misdirect that alleviates pressure while keeping the cards close to his chest.

Deep Pal, Anon., Doni and 1 other person repped this.
  8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    As I've said before, that strategy is very risky for the player. One major injury and all of a sudden he's earning less than half of what he asked for initially or worse, unemployed. It's a pretty foolish strategy if you're a player.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It doesn't even make sense as a strategy.

If you're trying to get the most money in that manner you would let your contract completely run out so the free market will inflate whatever you could ask.

Mbappe isn't doing that though and it's obvious with even Camavinga's posts and Mbappe's reaction he isn't happy he is still in Paris.

He is going to get paid regardless of where he plays anyways.

Anon. repped this.
  10. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    If Vinny can keep the form and show he’s growing into a world class winger, I’d say Haaland is more important than Mbappe in terms of signing. There will always be more wingers and the the shelf life is shorter.
    There’s such a limited pool of WC number 9s right now that Haaland is the priority IMO.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's a risky move. Victor Valdes went from classy to ashy doing that.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

What the hell is this guy eveen talking about? Leonardo just throwing out random words to make it look like he's working.

Shay Z, PigBenis, Saint Iker and 5 others repped this.
  13. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Madrid's offer was less than what they paid?

Wasn't his purchase price EUR 180 mil and Madrid was rumored to have offered upwards of EUR 220 mil?

Anon. repped this.
  14. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    https://randomwordgenerator.com/sentence.php

His thought process was on so many levels that he gave himself a phobia of heights. As he entered the church he could hear the soft voice of someone whispering into a cell phone. He was disappointed when he found the beach to be so sandy and the sun so sunny. Sometimes I stare at a door or a wall and I wonder what is this reality, why am I alive, and what is this all about?

Damn, I could even start posting like this. Sounds better than guys who're still trolling about ZZ at Vini thread.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, PigBenis and 2 others repped this.
  15. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even if Mbappe signs with us in January my guess is it’s going to be hush hush.

But once PSG are eliminated from Champions League they’re going to throw the player under the bus like nobody’s business. Just watch.

16. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Mbappe deal with go down like Alaba's; lots of rumors then silence, then a presentation. He's coming.

Deep Pal, PigBenis, ImadEdd and 2 others repped this.
  17. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope so, so he can how much of a pos they are

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Skriniar's contract ends in 2023. If he doesn't renew, we should look for a Camavinga type deal. His agent has flirted with RM in the past.

Deep Pal, W8W8, madridista_hr and 2 others repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Too slow for Madrid IMO

Zidane05 repped this.
  20. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Valdes' super power was running a 40 in less than 4.5 seconds. Once he lost his pace, he was useless.

Hsain85 and Digital repped this.
  21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Has he ever played in a 4 man defensive set up?

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He has pre-Conte. His first season at Inter was a huge success. That's when his agent started flirting with RM and Barca in 2018. I feel he won't renew because he's aiming for a big move next.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Agreed.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is he Pique, Walter Samuel level slow? I always thought he had above average pace.

Anon. repped this.
  25. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Nah, his skill only works when bum rushing the referee.