Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Throwing this out there for those that care, but Håland and Mbappé are too ambitious individually to play together. Their little CL game within the game competition made it obvious they have their own individual success in mind as well.

Anon. repped this.
  2. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can’t imagine Haaland refusing to join us Mbappe already got here first, if all other wants/needs align I can’t see that being a reason to not join.

3. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Players with expiring contracts in the next two summers:

2022:
    Mbappe, Pedri, Goretzka, Ansu Fati, Pogba, Camavinga, Kessie, Dybala, Ronaldo, Ilaix Moriba.

2023:
    Salah, Sterling, Kimmich, Mane, Rashford, Lautaro Martinez, Jan Oblak, Gnabry, Lewandowski, Fabinho, Aouar.

We should really pay attention to these expiring contracts. Mbappe, Goretzka, Camavinga, Kimmich are all players I would love to see here, especially on a free. I'd also make a cheeky offer to Moriba. :D

Excape Goat, PigBenis, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think both want to be the face of a team, the star and the guy that is scoring the goals and gets the attention.

What I've heard from regional journalists around Dortmund is that Håland is way too ambitious to play the team guy for another player.

To me it looks very much that way with Mbappé as well.

Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or team up in Madrid and dominate Europe for a decade together, neither necessarily playing single fiddle to each other. Would love to see it.

Maybe their egos are too big for one dressing room to handle but that’s different to the hunger to succeed which both are showing, especially Haaland.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yet Raiola has said otherwise...

He specifically addressed the idea saying great players play together all the time. Your opinion on Halaand doesn't outweigh that.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The last time a Raiola client was actually paired with another great player he ran for the hills as soon as it was obvious he was going to be playing second fiddle.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #3333 4x4s, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Mbappé did show during the summer that he values who he succeeds with and how as much as if he succeeds. As soon as Benzema joined the team he ran over Giroud and Griezmann like they're trash.

Also I think neither player signs for a cent less than the other one. No chance in hell we can afford that.

Fans pipe dream. Mbappé would be excellent. Håland along with that is practically impossible.

9. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    There's only 1 Ballon d'Or and only 1 throne as Madrid's franchise player. Winning a big trophy as the clear-cut best player is meaningsful for someone's legacy than winning 4-5 UCL-titles as 2nd/3rd fiddle.

Look no further than Benzema. His 2020 LaLiga trophy is way more valuable than all of his titles pre-2018 combined. He's rated as a top 3 striker (at minimum) and always in the conversation to win Ballon d'Or.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    That's great and all but that doesn't mean it won't work this time. Even if Halaand were to run for the hills we would make a killing anyways.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah but nothing can compare to Giroud. Amirite.

Chinky24 repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's Raiola, he'd ******** us over no sweat.

13. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    To me it looks like Mbappe is fine with being a Robin. He's been that at Monaco, PSG and France now too. Hasn't struck me as the kind of player that wouldn't want to work with other stars.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think part of what makes joining Madrid alluring is the fact that he'd be the star of the show. Can't have that with Neymar around always somehow attracting both negative and positive attention.

Mbappé is no Benzema.

15. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There’s a case to be made for wages sure, I’m just not seeing how a player can refuse a team he wants to join because player X who’s already at said club is too good to play with.

That’s poor mentality. Haaland gives me all the impressions of a winners mentality.

Wages might be a problem. If Chelsea offer him €25m net per year we likely won’t be able to afford that if we’re giving Mbappe the same amount.

Mbappe is a better and more marketable player so they shouldn’t earn the same in my books but other clubs might see it differently if they can afford it.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So since Ronaldo is a winner you think he'd join Barca with Messi?

Really, they went back and forth for weeks last season and the rivalry picked up a bit of spice. I think it's better for the sport overall if two great players try to outdo each other.

17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    We once had Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Figo, Raul, Carlos on the same team then we had Kaka, CR, Benzema who were all aspiring balon d’or winners ( with 2 already winning it). Haaland will NOT refuse to join this team because it had Mbappe in it, if he doesn’t join it would be for other reasons.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    These players are not competing for the same spot on the team, Håland and Mbappé would be.

No chance Mbappé plays the Marco Reus to Håland's Dortmund role in Madrid.

You don't have a guy that's scoring 40 goals plus a season suddenly cross it to another guy every chance he gets.

I wouldn't even want Mbappé if he wouldnt be joining us to be the hands down no discussion best player in the world.

19. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo didn’t join us because he wanted to avoid being potentially overshadowed by Messi, he joined us because he wanted to be at Real Madrid.

PigBenis, Shay Z, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    The kids agent literally spoke against this. It fiction to say they wouldn't play together

21. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Haaland and Mbappe wouldn’t be playing the same position either so I’m not sure what your point is. If Haaland (or Mbappe )doesn’t join it would not be because the other is here.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So you think Ronaldo would have no problem being a team first guy and scoring less goals than somebody else?

Because that's what we'd effectively be asking from Mbappé if we make him our highest paid player (ever?) and stick him on the wing to be the guy providing a guy that's mainly there to score with goals.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He said Neymar played with Messi but Neymar left Barca because he couldn't stand being in Messi's shadow, so eh. His analogy doesn't really work.

Raiola will try to keep everybody in the mix. You can't convince me one of these guys would sacrifice his role until it happens.

One of them will have to sacrifice like Benzema did, and I personally don't see either one being up for that.

24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

25. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Ronaldo wouldn’t give a shit who’s at the club as long as they’re good players who will contribute to winning titles because he himself is a winner.

If either Haaland or Mbappe refuse us because one or the other has already joined then we shouldn’t be looking to spend so much on a player with that kind of weak mentality.

I know they had a bit of thing in the CL about trying to outdo each other with some healthy rivalry between them even though their teams weren’t playing each other and you’re connecting dots here but I don’t think that will be the reason why we can’t/won’t land both.