Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We’ve got players to offload which when combined should put together a nice sum in Odriozola, Isco, Ceballos, Asensio, Mariano (excluding Marcelo as he won’t command any fee). The potential of selling Jovic and getting a cheaper and more effective La Liga back up. The smaller income of loan deals from Brahim, Kubo, Aribas.

A lot of opportunity to pile up another €35m here this summer. This is assuming the Mbappe money is already set aside of course.

2. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    what exactly are our midfield and defense issues that need so much work?

Other than a decent cover for Carvajal and a proper 4th CB I quite like our defense.
    Other than a decent cover for modric and Casemiro if blanco and odegaard don’t pan out, I quite like our midfield.
    Our attack is an outright mess and bringing Mpabbe would go along way to help mitigate that mess.
    Also, Isco, Marcelo, bale, Mariano, Asensio, are just taking up salaries, they will be gone by either this summer or next. That’s a lot of salary dough we can invest elsewhere. Until these guys leave, we can’t fix the cracks, and we dont have full control of that

3. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    I mean I think we need camavinga and achraff as well, but first and foremost bring mbappe. It’s not only about him on the field, it reminds the world that history counts for something and most players want to be a part of RMs.

4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I get that Mbappe is a great catch, but he's no where close to being the best player in the world and he's stagnated long enough that he's no longer one of the rising young talents. Not sure this is the flex move some people think it is, at least not if we get duped into over paying for a player in the last year of his contract, AGAIN.

5. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    oh ok...

6. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Okay I'll bite -- just how low ranking are you putting him?

Messi, Lewa, KdB, CR7, Neymar (all >29), then who -- Kane? Haaland? Mbappe did not have some kind of embarrassing slump last year.

[​IMG]

Anon. repped this.
  7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Problem is you don’t know how much PSG will ask for and whether you can offload Isco. Until we get clarity on both, club is going to wait it out

8. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I’d like to offload the likes of Isco, Marcelo, Mariano, Asensio too but it’s easier said than done. They don’t want to leave, they’re making a lot of money here. Which team will match their salaries ? Which team will spend a transfer fee for them ? We’re most likely stuck with them until their contracts run out.

We might be able to earn something from selling Ceballos, Odriozola, Jovic because they still have some value but the player must agree to leave.

Lockjaw and Digital repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We could have already sold every single one of those players beside Mariano

10. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    These reports make me laugh. Why 20 Aug? :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    They just come up with shit to make their reports very specific and hence believable, but it’s doing the opposite :D

Shay Z, PigBenis, temesgen and 7 others repped this.
  11. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, we don’t know how much we’ve already got to spend for Mbappe or how much they’ll ask. I’m hopefully we should be able to squeeze a little more on top of the Mbappe transfer since €35m is going to hugely move the needle financially even now.

12. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If true, I have massive reservations that we can get the deal done before the end of the transfer window. Starting the deal negotiations on the 20th leaves very little time to complete the transfer.

I hope this isn't simply a token effort from Flo, right at the end of the transfer window, to demonstrate a "trying" effort.

13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Apparently Sterling doesn’t want to renew with City, wouldn’t mind having him next year.

It sounds silly but every report we’ve seen so far have indicated that deal will be done in the last weeks of August, this is the only one that’s given a specific though lol.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same, good player.

Mundo Deportivo claim that PSG want to leave Mbappe out of the team for the entire season if he doesn't renew. Please do that, would love a Pandev situation where we get him for free in December already.

I assume it's pure nonsense though.

Digital and Drouchk repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Good to see people rating Sterling. The guy is dynamic.

Wish City would pick up the phone right now and trade us him for Hazard.

Shay Z and Anon. repped this.
  16. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Would take Sterling in a heartbeat. I think his game would adapt very well in Spain.

Agree. The only rational play here for PSG is to to go all out, try to win the CL this season, and hope Mbappe changes his mind along the way.

Shay Z repped this.
  17. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Mbappe feels he can win the Balon d'Or at PSG, then there's a possibility that he renews his contract. This is one of the reasons why I think we need to get the deal this summer and not wait until next year.

18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He was terrible at the Euros and looked like he's actually regressed. He hasn't shown he is improving at all in the last couple of years, that's not a good trajectory to be on if your aim is to be the best. IDK maybe it's Benzema’s fault but even Griezmam and Pogba looked like the better players to me and they're probably not even top 10 contenders, but maybe they just need to go play in Ligue 1 where they can pad their stats.

He's a great player but I feel like there's alot of pressure on him, which will be magnified if he moves for some obscene amount of money. He's had some really shocking performances in games his team get knocked out, so there's that to consider. Not saying he's a bad player at all but for the rumored price and looking at the "big picture" I'm not sure it's best for the club to splurge on the player.

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think he wants to play second fiddle to Neymar for next 4-5 years. Probably wants to play in a better league than Ligue 1 too.

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  21. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    If Mbappe comes free next season, we must buy haland this year instead. We need a goler. Someone who can contribute goals. Benzema can play alongside him behind or next.

22. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    I would rather get them both next season for under 100 than haaland for 180 now and next season get mbappe free. I would rather get mbappe now for under 160 and haalnd for 90 next season than any other scenario.

23. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    What a bold prediction; really put themselves out there with that one.

24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Benzema was awful playing in a 2-striker system during 16/17 & 17/18 lol.

Haaland isn't coming unless Benzema is washed (he shows no signs of it).