Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    PSG are such little bitches. Truly second rate.

The second their chairman gave that blustery interview a few weeks ago Mbappe’s fate was sealed and it showed how badly they were hurt. Their ego was bruised. Now their manager is saying things countless managers have said before they lose an important player. Then somebody over there thought it would be a show of power to print that interview in their mag and make it sound like something it wasn’t. Immediately they realized that Mbappe didn’t like it they’re gonna delete it. Small club shit. Kylian has played it pretty good so far.

Brilliant news. Just hang in there a few months Camavinga and you’ll get a good signing bonus and play for the biggest club in the world. Cant believe it is lining up like this. Makes me think it won’t. :oops:

Ahmadi8, Ssr9, Anon. and 9 others repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #3227 Shay Z, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    I realized something today, we all talk about Isco and Marcelo as dead weights and want to be rid of them. Isco even had a rumor about him earlier in the summer, but not one rumor or even a suggestion that Mariano will be leaving the club this summer. I mean FFS. At least Isco has contributed heavily to our past successes and Marcelo is a club legend and captain. This dude Is basically a leach. Just sucking the club of millions every year and chilling.

Whoever his agent is needs to be told hey if you do don’t convince your client to accept a transfer we will not be doing business with you in the future. Something. I mean, Bale and even Isco can “contribute” if they stay. But this guy doesn’t even do that. Completely sunk money. I’d rather have any cantera striker sit on the bench to make up numbers. Anyone. Even someone from Juvenil. Get this guy out of here. Damn.

Yeah I’m kinda hot about it. On one side we are counting pennies and losing players or unable to sign them right now and on the other this guy. There’s other non contributors too I know, Hazard is in the same exact boat as this guy which is a different boat to Isco and Marcelo and Bale who have at least contributed in the past.

ratheesh7k, Anon., ahnaf and 2 others repped this.
  3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Isco is staying so I'm just going to see if CA can somehow relight the fire. Marcelo will retire and hopefully be involved with our youth system.

Anon. repped this.
  4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I’m talking about Mariano.

5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I wonder how long it would take before those clowns at PSG turn on Mbappe, both Leonardo and Nasser turned on Neymar publicly when it looked like Barcelona were serious about him.

Shay Z and Anon. repped this.
  6. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just hope the management have a plan in place for the next 12 months

available players: Mbappe, Haaland, Camavinga, Pogba, Goretzka, Moriba

freed wages: Varane, Isco, Bale, Marcelo

We have the money available and the contractual situation plays in our favor. I won’t mind suffering this season if there is a plan in place to transform the team over next 12 months.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Barnett is Mariano's agent.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Football is changing. Whoever doesn't see it is still sleeping. Most transfers are ending up in tears over long term commitments.

Bayern fans are blasting the club for the same reasons people here are, but I give them credit for being able to keep it in their pants and not throw around the little they have as I do for us.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  9. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Three year employment contracts with no transfer fees should be normal. The transfer fee is a relic of a bygone age where players weren’t free to choose their employer. There is absolutely no need for it in the modern world.

Anon. repped this.
  10. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree but there are a bunch of mid table teams who survive because of the profit they make in transfers..

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The agents found out about that and are absolutely fleecing them with fees.

12. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All have serious wages vs a zero football return during the season. Their value is crap because they are crap. Save the wages.
    You put these players on sale cheaply and offers will come. You can sell them for the price of their yearly wage for all I care.
    It will also make an example, so we won't have more of the Mariano crap.

13. Baltor

Baltor Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And Ramos said he would play for free for RM, and never join a direct competitor. So much for nice words.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It doesn't matter what you do if the player doesn't agree to the move.

Also, you sort of hoping the final contract year effect kicks in where these guys play out of their skin to make sure they get a decent contract offer elsewhere

15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Never a problem

Lyra, Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and 1 other person repped this.
  16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lyra repped this.
  17. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #3242 Anon., Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Not sure how reliable the source is, but I think it's in-line with other reports of the club starting to negotiate with PSG in August.

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Florentino waiting patiently until the str
    Imagine being a club suppressing a quote about a player saying he wants to win the UCL.

Drouchk repped this.
  19. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

MiamiNative0722 and Anon. repped this.
  20. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still think the most damaging communication from PSG was via Nasser Al-Khelaifi, who basically said Mbappe is a "prisoner" of the club, and who's future is decided by them.

Ahmadi8, temesgen, Saeta Rubia and 3 others repped this.
  21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol and some think they will convince him to stay.

They have literally forced their own hand in selling him and I'm more confident as ever they will actual sell late in August.

In fact Florentino should play hard ball because by the time these Oilmen are done sabotaging their own club they will probably take offers well below €150M.

Airjao and Anon. repped this.
  22. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    It all piles up. That’s why I’m a fan of Florentinos diplomatic ways. That’s why I also think he lets players kinda control their future and not press them hard about leaving or staying. Players know that while they dont get their fairy tale goodbye at this club, while they are here they are respected. Hazard owes Flo his grandchildren’s inheritance. So do Bale, Mariano and Isco if he doesn’t leave this season.

23. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I see your point, but I feel like there should be some incentive for teams to develop younger players. Some teams like Ajax, BVB and Lyon live on developing younger players and selling them for decent money. Even our academy is probably seen as a profit generator, and could be scraped if younger players just play out their contracts and leave.

24. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    You could still have a home grown quota which I think is important

25. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You put bale for sale, zero dollars. Or Eden, or Isco, or Marcelo. The player will get an offer with comparable salary from the new club, then you tell the players, "sure you can stay, but you won't get any play time".
    They will leave.